“A favourable return” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #34 of 81 Restaurants in Noosaville
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Seafood, Australian
Good for: Scenic view, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Noosa Boathouse offers a waterfront dining experience amid the vibrant Noosaville restaurant culture and is situated on the very edge of the Noosa River. Noosa Boathouse offers panoramic river and hinterland views and a relaxed dining experience with a contemporary menu offering the freshest of local seafood, steaks and modern Australian cuisine as well as noosa's best seafood platter! Why not catch the Noosa Ferry from Hastings St directly to Our Boathouse Jetty? Open Tuesday - Sunday form 9am for coffee & muffins, lunch dinner or drinks at the Sunset Bar. Sunset Bar - on the top deck Located on the top level of the Boathouse, open Tuesday through to Sunday from 4.30Pm the Sunset Bar captures spectacular sunset views over the Noosa River and is the perfect spot for a great cocktail, a casual afternoon drink or private cocktail style event.
Brisbane
“A favourable return”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

Consistancy is always hard in an industry that is for ever evolving though must say the Boathouse nailed my return after nearly a year since my last visit to Noosa 12 months ago. Trying new places is important but can't beat the setting, service and new summer menu.
I'll be back, Appreciate the extra effort of Jono the new manager.
PB

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Brisbane, Australia
“A beautiful location”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

My husband and I visited the Boathouse restaurant in Sept 2012 for my birthday. We had our almost 2 year old with us. I ordered the char grilled BBQ chicken and my husband had the rump fillet. We weren't given a childrens menu until after we had ordered our meals. however ordered the pasta dish so that she could eat a little earlier.
The position of the restaurant is wonderful it was a shame we didn't go for lunch as it would be so beautiful during the day.
The cocktail menu was not very big and not many popular choices were listed. They did not have a lot of mixers to do something that was not on the list.
The steak was 'cooked perfectly' for my husbands liking and my chicken dish was quite nice. I was not unhappy with my experience but I don't think I would return we had some nicer meals elsewhere and places that made us feel a little more welcome with a child.

Visited September 2012
Melbourne, Australia
“Great location, but service so so”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012 via mobile

We visited with our family specifically to have the seafood platter. It was good, but let down by unhappy and unfriendly service.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
BoathouseNoosa, Owner at Noosa Boathouse, responded to this review, September 15, 2012
Hi RodnBrooke

Thanks so much for your review and feedback. We were thrilled you enjoyed our seafood platter but concerned to hear we fell short in our level of service. It is certainly not our usual feedback so would love to get some further details from you such as the date you dined & whether it was lunch or dinner? This information could be shared with us via email at info@boathouserestaurant.com.au and would assist us greatly in addressing your experience and ensuring we can avoid this in the future!

Many thanks again
“Really good night”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

We had a great night, the food was excellent, the dancing and whole atmosphere was very good.The service was prompt and the cost was reasonable.
We all loved it and will go back again
Ausie01

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
France
“An update on previous review”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

After posting my review on Tripadvisor, I was contacted directly by management with an apology and an offer of a dinner voucher for our family.

We took the restaurant up on its offer last night and are happy to report that the meals had significantly improved on our last visit. Sunday afternoons and evenings there is live music (which was fantastic), which improves the often quiet atmosphere at the restaurant.

In light of the fact that this has been a family favourite for a long time, we were happy to return and to see a reminder of what it can be. It is an expensive choice, but the location is fantastic, and for us the fact that it is family-friendly helps.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere