“Fantastic” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Magic of India Restaurant

Magic of India Restaurant
Shop 3, Islander Resort | Thomas Street, Noosaville, Noosa, Queensland 4566, Australia
07 5449 7788
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #31 of 81 Restaurants in Noosaville
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Delivery, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: The most award winning Indian restaurant in Noosa. Our 5-star hotel trained chefs from Delhi continue to win the appreciation of Magic of India guests, preparing mouth-watering Tandoori Chicken fresh from the clay oven to delicious Butter Chicken, served with freshly baked Naan breads. We specialise in traditional Indian curry and Tandoori cuisine.
Gold Coast, Australia
“Fantastic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

What a lovely place the meal was outstanding and such a good price. A lovely quaint outdoor area with gorgeous lighting.

• Visited March 2014

“Poor”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014

Ordered take away chicken madras, lamb korma and garlic naan and cheesy naan.

1/4 through my chicken madras I found a black hair. Disgusting.

Lamb korma had no taste, was boring just bland.

Should have just ordered plain naan bread, neither was cheesy or had any garlic taste.

Horrible. Won't be going back here again.

• 1 of 5 stars Food
Inder M, Owner at Magic of India Restaurant, responded to this review, March 1, 2014
Hi

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback, good or bad, it all helps us improve. I appreciate that you chose to order from us and am sorry that we did not live up to your expectations.

We have been serving thousands of meals each week to satisfied guests for the last 19 years and follow strict hygiene guidelines however I agree finding a hair in your food is disgusting. I have since informed my two chefs to take precautions.

To reassure you, as mentioned, I have been running a tight ship at optimal level for the last 19 years, with the same head chef for the last 17 of those years, and have won recognition from discerning locals, tourists and Restaurant & Catering Australia over this time. I still grind all the spices for the restaurant fresh for all the dishes.

As for the Lamb Korma, being a traditional restaurant, we make it mild(mentioned on menu). This dish is a legacy of the Mughal emperors who brought this cuisine to India from Persia(now Iran) in the 14th - 15th century. Its essential ingredients are yoghurt, cashews, korma masala( gentle aromatic spice mix made from fennel, cardamom, cumin, cinnamon and black pepper) and no chilli.

I agree sometimes this dish can taste bland, especially when you are expecting it to be hot or just after you have tasted something hotter(like Chicken Madras) however it is packed with fresh aromatic gentle spices. Saying that, most of our dishes can be made slightly hotter, on request, without affecting the integrity and soul of the dish.

I am afraid I am baffled about the breads. They are made and baked in the Tandoor when ordered and the Tandoori chef is pedantic about his breads. The Cheese Naan is filled with cheese before baking and the Garlic Naan is studded with fresh garlic and coriander before baking. I can only guess that your packet of breads mistakenly went to someone else. Very rare but has happened on some busy nights.

Our team and I are very passionate and take pride in our food and I do hope you will give us a chance to give you the true experience of Magic of India. Please contact me via email so I can arrange for another take away on the house.

Warm regards
Noosa, Australia
“Best Indian Restaurant for Awesome Indian Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2014

This is my favorite restaurant in Noosa. I have been going to Magic of India for many years. We always order the same food and it is always brilliant. Very nice staff as well. Best Indian Indian restaurant for awesome indian food in Noosa without a doubt!

Brisbane, Australia
“Magic night”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2014

I went to magic of India restaurant for dinner everybody was so helpful the meal was outstanding
Couple with the dining outside the atmosphere made me feel complete and relaxed if you have not visited magic of India you should you don't no what your missing such a superb night will go again

“Great little place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2014

This was a good find courtesy of TripAdvisor. It was good Indian food. Remember that it is BYO though, so grab your booze before you go.
The service was really good, and the owner made a real effort to speak to all the customers. Good to see that kind of thing.

The only neg was that you can have spice in "levels" 1-4. I ordered a level 3, which was in my opinion barely spicey at all... I would recommend level 4 if you like it spicy.

Visited January 2014