“Really enjoyable stay - but is it aging?” 4 of 5 stars

You added Montpellier Boutique Resort to your Saves list
Montpellier Boutique Resort
7-11 James Street, Noosaville, Noosa, Queensland 4566, Australia   |
Special Deal
Free breakfast with your stay
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Noosaville
Country Vic
“Really enjoyable stay - but is it aging?”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

We had a quick 4 day break at Nossaville in June to get some warmth in the mid winter. We decided upon Montpellier as we stayed there about 5 years ago and had a great stay.

2 adults and 3 teenage kids - we had the had 2 bedroom unit - which was very nice. The uit is well equiped, has a full kitchen and a great range of pots and pans and cooking gear - especially for families like ours where we enjoy a good cook up and anice wine at home after a day on the beech and being outdoors.

I could not help comparing it to Colonial Resort where we stayed alst year. Colonial did have a bigger unit, a warm pool and a seond TV - all thigs that help a family holiday with 3 kids. That is not to say Montpellier was bad - it was not - in fact it was very nice - just a choice as to what you want and what you get.

The other I noticed - was how many signs were around the place politely asking you not to do certain things - hmmm

Overall - very nice and while I would not say I will rush back, I would certainly consider again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Pomona, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

We had a three night stay here and could not fault this wonderful resort. It was clean, beautifully furnished and very close to restaurants. We found the resort manager warm and friendly without being intrusive. I would certainly stay here again. Loved it!

Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

Loved this place! We stayed in room 15 (I think!), it was fantastic! It was a corner apartment on L2. We would definitely stay here again. The rooms were modern and tastefully furnished. The kids loved the extra TV and the pool. A 1 minute walk will get you many eating places and shops and the river. The only thing that was missing was a coffee machine!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

After reading all the wonderful reviews on trip advisor we booked Montpellier for our annual escape from Melbourne's winter and we certainly weren't disappointed . The apartment was everything a family with two young children need . The bedrooms had plenty of space in them and the kitchen/ living area were great for meal preparations and 'down' time . The boys loved swimming in the pool/ spa every afternoon , perfect for tiring out two active boys. It was a fantastic location , close to everything we needed and even though we had a car , you certainly wouldn't need one to get around locally . Cleanliness is of utmost importance to me and I could not fault the standard. The new manager Barry was very welcoming and addressed any of our needs promptly and professionally. After spending a lot of money on other holiday accomodation I would have to say that this was the best value for money and I certainly know why it gets such good reviews. We loved it that much that I rebooked for the same time next year but I'm going to book for an extra week next time ! Can't wait to go back :)

Room Tip: I think the rooms on the top floor may be less noisy as we could hear the people above us at times .
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Timaru
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

My husband and I enjoyed 8 nights at Montpellier in early June. It is everything that you will view on the website and more. The apartment we stayed in was on the top level - it was spacious, light and bright, quiet and private. Everything we could need was in the apartment and the spa and pool are very nice as are the gardens. The location is excellent - just a very short walk to the river, cafes and all that the area has to offer. We will gladly return. Thank you.

Room Tip: We loved the top level - (so long as you're ok with carrying your gear up stairs).
Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

This is the first time that I have been to Montpellier. As soon as I got in my room I couldn't help but admire the view of the stunning and gorgeous look of the pool and the fountains. Viewing the pool was just as good as viewing the river. Even at one of the lower rooms you can just overlook the little resort and be satisfied. The rooms are nice and spacious and extra secure thanks to the heavy door that took much strength to open. It's a nice little resort that makes you feel like you're at home. A few things that disspointed me was first, the room I stayed in didn't have soft close toilet seats. They were the very old fashioned toilets that should not be there anymore. And second of all, the TV's were really small. They were those old televisions with a tiny screen. I was watching the FIFA World Cup but the screen was pretty small. For a resort that won the Travelers Choice Awards it sure should get some renovations done in some of the rooms. That is all I have to say but I really enjoyed my stay and would come again!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

We have just returned after a weeks stay at Montpellier, we had booked based on all the other trip advisor reviews and were not disappointed. We had booked with Tony and Heather, but when we arrived they had left and there were new owners, who were still settling in, but looked after us really well. The accommodation is as it is on line, comfortable and clean. Only a couple of negatives with our apartment (No 14) was that we had no curtains in the main lounge and as most of the apartments overlook each other, this could be a problem with privacy, and the other, we don't know what it was but there was an intermittent noise all night that was quite loud. Overall we were very happy with our stay, it is so close to the river and great places to eat, especially for breakfast (see other reviews). There are many places to stay in Gympie Terrace, but the Montpellier would be my pick and we will be returning again, it was perfect for us to have a complete week of R&R.

Room Tip: Pick a top floor room and make sure it has curtains, if you want complete privacy. We think the apa...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Montpellier Boutique Resort? Share your experiences!