“Be Careful, they will rip you off!!!” 1 of 5 stars

Drita Hotel
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Kargicak Mevkii, Kargicak, Alanya, Turkey   |
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Kargicak
england
“Be Careful, they will rip you off!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2012

I arrived with my very tired husband and children looking for a bed! I was greeted by a receptionist who informed me the room that had been booked only had 3 beds (there were 5 of us travelling). I was told that for a room with 5 beds I would have to pay an extra £100. I reluctantly did so as my children were very tired. The next day I questioned this with the reception manager who told me the charge was correct. It took me a further 6 days to get a receipt for the money paid. I contacted my travel agent both whilst there and on arrival home (A1 Travel) and after a long wait the hotels reply is that they realised their mistake and gave me my money back. This is a total lie and proves that they were just ripping me off.

Also for an all inclusive hotel, they held a beach party with a fire show on the beach. What they failed to tell you until you got there was that the beach bar (which serves AI drinks all day long, then charges for drinks!!!)

Long bar and restaurant ques, always running out of glasses, rude staff.

I Would DEFF NOT return!!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2011 via mobile

Only down sides to a real good holiday were the lack of food we liked. Weather that was because we were picky or not is debatable. It's was still manageable to have a meal although ay times it was just something and chips. After a very long transfers from the airport, we arrived and everything was amazing. Room was spotless. Staff helpful. People friendly. Weather amazing. Real value for money. Would definitely go back. Room was very clean and air con was brilliant. Trips into thw town were two and a half liyra each . Thats about 90 pence. Beech was a bit weird as it was more stoney than sandy.

• Stayed October 2011
Durham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2011

i have just come back from the drita was a very gud hotel good facilities only problem was the food which wasn't much choice but there was always something so your not going to go hungry. would go back

Room Tip: have the turkish bath that is offered in the hotel brilliant and so relaxing and also the dolphin sh...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Birmingham, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2011

Antalya was exactly the kind of place we were looking for to spend our holiday in, not too comercial and a perfect location with a beach less than 5 minutes away. After a 4 hour flight followed by a 4 hour transfer, we arrived at Drita at 8.00am local time. We couldn't check in, so we were sent to the restaurant for breakfast, and to sit in the pool area, until our room could be made available. Around 12, my dad was told that we could have one room on the 2nd floor and one on the 4th, or a family room. Me and my sister are 19 and 20, so sharing a room with my parents wasn't ideal. However, we had come as a family, so it was expected that our rooms would be next to each other, or at least on the same floor, for both convienience and our own safety. We went with the family room, and didn't even get the sea view that we specifically requested on booking the holiday. The staff there were not helpful, and to add to that, they didn't understand a word of english. .Although we knew that this area of Turkey didnt have a lot of English holidaymakers, we would at least expected a certain level of communication between ourselves and the staff. The hotel itself was lovely, had a very nice pool area, and private beach where we spent most of our time. We booked all-inclusive, under the impression that it would be exactly that. We came to find a lot of hidden costs such as booking a tennis court or even to have orange juice at breakfast! As well as this, at the bar, their "all-inclusive" drinks included just cheap wine, vodka, gin and soft drinks. Anything that was not their local drinks, was not included. Food in general was nice, and there was plenty of variety, except for breakfast, where the same food was offered up day after day, and recycled food was served up in a different meal. The entertainement staff were very energetic, but quite annoying. They were extremely active with young children, but were constantly disturbing us with requests to come and join them in their activities. They were excessively tactile and made both me and my sister feel uncomfortable or more than one occasion, often asking us to join them to go in to the main city Alanya for clubbing. For non-smokers, this hotel is terrible. There were no smoking and non-smoking areas, and you would often find people smoking in your face, especially the entertainment staff, who I thought were very rude for doing so, especially when seeing we had a problem, and continuing to smoke into my face. The shows in the evening, were mainly aimed at the children, with discos and childrens games, so I wasnt very impressed with that either. The manager of the hotel, was in my opinion the rudest and most inconsiderate man I have ever met. Given that our room was not ready on the first day, and we had booked for 7 nights, our assumption was that we had until the monday night to vacate just before our flight on tuesday, and even then we would be vacating early. On monday, he found me and my family on the beach, told us we has overstayed and said we had 10 minutes to pack and leave. He embarassed us, and made us feel we had done something wrong, when in fact we were entitled to stay until tuesday, which is what we had payed for. He did not let us even shower after being on the beach, and we had to wait from 2 until 10 in the hotel lobby, waiting for our transfer. He did not accomodate us in any way, he was shouting at my dad, and had a very threatening attitude towards him, and did not even listen to what we were saying. Hotel drita, is very clean, well looked after, and in a lovely location. However, if you are an English holiday maker, you should be prepared for a large language barrier between the staff at the hotel, and for any extra costs you may come to find. I would definetly recommend this area of Turkey, but unfortunetly Hotel Drita did not live up to my expectations, and I would not recommend it, or go there again,

Room Tip: If travelling as a family, request to be together, and if you want a sea-view you have to request on...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Truro, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2011

This hotel was awful, a waste of hard earned cash and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone - here's why -

Reception An awful first impression, no hello or welcome from any of the reception staff, just took my paperwork, gave me a key and arranged safe hire. No 'enjoy your stay' or anything like that. The 'bell boy' was ok but literally shoved our bags in the room, waited for a tip and legged it!

Room Not what I expected for a 4 star hotel, my partner having stayed in other 4 stars in Turkey was suitably unimpressed too. The room was not one of the refurbished rooms and was cramped, only just enough space to get past the bed. There were wires sticking out above the mirror and the door jamb had a crack and a big chip in the marble. The aircon was awful, very noisy and ineffective most of the time, we got the maintenance man up to look at it and he just hit the box outside with his spanner! The bathroom was ok, the shower was so powerful though you could only put it on at a trickle otherwise it felt like you were being hit by pins! No plug in the sink as usual. The balcony was very small too, only just enough room to sit - with the table between you, not in front. The mini bar - what a joke, it was supposed to have water in it on arrival but it didn't, we repeatedly asked reception but never got any. We ended up buying water from the shop downstairs, it was that or fill them up from the water dispenser in the pool bar. You weren't 'allowed' to take drinks up to your room either. No kettle for tea or coffee.

Public areas lack of aircon made it very uncomfortable to be in the hotel such as the lobby bar.

Pool bar - another joke - one boy serving drinks when he could be bothered to put his mobile down and stop texting. Most drinks were served in either tiny glasses or blue plastic beakers. There was the choice of very diluted cheap fizzy drinks, local vodka or gin, beer served in half pint glasses or beakers or vinegar (what they termed as wine - it was absolutely vile) There were 4 tables for 4 at the pool bar and 4 tables for 4 dotted around the pool area, other than that you had to sit on a sun lounger - evening was the only time you could! There were machines for coffee, tea, hot water and alleged fruit juice! Oh and a water dispenser.

Pool - don't know as never got in it, you couldn't get a sunbed during the day unless you had reserved yours on the first day with a towel and left it there for the duration, day and night. No-one ever cleared the towels from the sun loungers - even though the info leaflet said they did.

Restaurant It was like going back to school - only worse as these were 'adults' behaving appallingly. The salads were fantastic, and the bread was always fresh. If you were lucky you might get a slice of pide, but as soon as it was brought out there was a frenzied mass descending on it! I'm not a fussy eater at all and was really looking forward to trying some authentic Turkish food, but what there was of it was bland and lukewarm. The grill area was ok except you had to queue for ages whilst people filled their plates with piles of food as it was put into the serving dish, there was no point in getting your side orders until you had eventually got something fresh from the grill as it would have been even colder by the time you sat down. Tables were hard to find, clean laid tables even harder and the noise level was horrendous. You had to queue at a 'bar' to get a drink for your meal - again usually only 1 person serving the same drinks as in the pool bar. If you didn't go for dinner at 7, you were lucky to get anything. A very disappointing experience.

Animation Ok I'm not one for organised 'fun' anyway - but my partner is and he was very disappointed, 4 blokes dressed up in sheets or trackies 'entertaining' people on the tennis court! Very noisy and even the kids got bored! The seating was patio chairs lined up about 4 deep, no tables and no comfort!

Beach Not a beach I would recommend for children with a sharp drop into the water, rough sea and a lot of stones at the waters edge. I know the hotel can't help this but I want other people to be aware. Again a problem with the sun loungers, if you didn't reserve one by 8.30 in the morning there was no hope. We did this one morning, went for breakfast and straight back to the beach, where we stayed until about 5pm. 2 beds in front of us had been reserved by the time we got to the beach and weren't used until 4.30 that day. Why do people have to be so selfish? The beach bar was ok, again drinks served in plastic beakers but you expect that at the beach. A few tables and chairs - could do with more so you could sit at a table and eat. The food was pretty poor, manky burgers with usually stale rolls, chips (of course) spaghetti and a tomato sauce and a small choice of salads - every day with no change!

Spa the spa was lovely, I had a Turkish bath and massage and thoroughly enjoyed it, and a good price too.

My suggestion to anyone who does find themselves at this place and feels the way I do is to catch a dolmus into Alanya - 2.5ytl each (less than £1) they run past the hotel on the main road, just stick your arm out when you see one coming. Alanya is a busy but friendly town - head down towards the harbour and book a day trip on one of the many boats down there, we paid £36 for 2 for a 6 hour trip with food and soft drinks included in the price, very worthwhile. We also got the dolmus to Cleopatra beach (1.5ytl each from Alanya centre) and spent the day there, a lovely beach dotted with little beach cafe's. Alanya's east beach was a delight too, go down to the harbour and turn left, the water was lovely, not many stones, beautiful golden sand - with larger cafe's and hotels behind, we wished we had found it on our first day! There are loads of restaurants and fast food places so you have a massive choice of food in Alanya and if you are into 'real genuine fake' clothes, (I'm not) then stock up, loads of shops selling everything you could imagine! I would happily book a hotel in Alanya near east beach and stay there on a b&b or s/c basis.

Our return transfer could have ended our life and I wouldn't have been able to tell you about this 'gem' of a hotel - the driver decided to pull out onto the main D400 coast road - on the wrong side!!!!! Was a bit of a fright to see buses heading in our direction at god knows what speed with their lights flashing - we booked the transfer through ResortHoppa and the transfer was by Sarpedon Tours - I have written and complained to ResortHoppa who - to be fair did write back, apologise, advise the driver had been disciplined and refunded that half of the transfer costs - but it was scary and shouldn't be expected of a 'professional driver'.

All in all, this was a very disappointing holiday, we ended up spending a whole load of money on eating out and getting away from the hotel as much as we could - not quite the idea of an all inclusive holiday. The pictures on the site we booked it through were misleading as there was no outdoor eating area - which would have been nice - I have written to them seperately about this.

The only saving grace of this holiday was my partner proposing to me - I said yes, but apart from that I wouldn't recommend this hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Kargicak hotels

Bratislava, Slovakia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2011

We have 12 perfect days in hotel Drita. Room was nicely furnished and clean! . Animation team was very good. We had lots of fun with animators Charlie, Bobo,Azis and Sefa. Fire show was the best :-D We recommend this hotel to young people and families with children. Eva and Peter (Slovakia)

Room Tip: Rooms with views of the mountains are better.
Sheffield, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2011

before booking i read the reviews and thought well ok there might not be many english but it'll be ok ...... well where do i begin! the hotel staff absolutely HATE the english. They speak very little english and make no attempt to actually be pleasant to you! i have never stayed in a hotel like it. When we attempted to speak to them they ignored us totally! an example of this is when we checked out ... not one word was spoken to us!

The entertainment team do work hard 'at enjoying themselves' and are far too friendly with the children staying at the hotel to the point of one of the fathers having a very heated discussion with two of the team members. Apparently the firsts night entertainment consisted of the four males running around in nappies making weird noises: thanks goodness we missed that!

Our room was approximately four metres from the pool bar and one metre from the table tennis table... fine in the day but at 07:30 when everyone is stood leaning on your balcony (at head height) to go for breakfast its an early morning wake up call. When the (german residents) singing is still going on at 01:30 in the morning it does go down too well for a peaceful and refreshing nights sleep! Oh yes and remember the staff moving all the tables and chairs around until 02:30 to clean under them!

i would not recommend this hotel to english people. Please dont think that we are the 'mcdonalds abroad' kind of people rather just wanting a smile from the staff!

Room Tip: request a room at the front of the hotel as the ones looking on to the pool are noisy and have not b...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Drita Hotel? Share your experiences!