Ok, here goes..... Ill start from the beginning!!
If your transfer says it will take 1.5 hours.... It won't! Ours said that, ended up being 3 hours and that was in a smaller bus, so if a long transfer is not for you, then say no more. When you first see a goldcity sign you think your in the wrong place, as it looks like a right dump, but once you enter the actual complex it looks amazing! The gardens and buildings are all immaculately looked after, and when you pull up at the entrance you realise it's pretty special. Checking in was very easy and I must say all the guys/girls on reception throughout the holiday were great. The room really was amazing, booked a 2 bed suite and it was huge! Big living area and kitchen, one bedroom with 2 singles and a bathroom and our room had a large double again with its own bathroom. The finish and decor of the apartment were fabulous, a tv only in the living area but wasn't an issue. There were 2 adults 2 kids and it was plenty big enough with a huge balcony so no faults there.... Except both rooms had showers and you had to ask for the bedding to be changed in our experience.
The food at the hotel is what you would expect, was generally good but 2 weeks later it did get a little dull but no real complaints, the que's were massive at times, can't really suggest at what times but breakfast early is quieter and diner later seemed quieter. You get the usual Russians just barging in wherever they like but just get used to it, or it will be a loooong holiday!!
The hotel has all the signs etc in English, yet the first week it did seem that we were the only English family there, that didn't bother us at all really, but the Russians can be an issue if you are easily offended as they have no concept of que's what so ever!
One literally tried to push me out the way on the bus, he ended up on his backside and that was problem solved, but if you have small kids guard them well as they will push even toddlers out the way if it saves them 10 seconds.
The hotel is out the way, but if you don't check that before you go and it shocks you then you have only yourself to blame, it's very isolated and you can't walk anywhere really.
The hotel kindly puts on a bus to the beech (10 mins) and the town of Alanya (30 mins) but its just a free for all!! All the hotel need to do is put up a rope to one side of the entrance and people can try and que correctly, but it descends into caos on a regular basis and its such a shame(please sort this goldcity)!!
The water park is free, and really great! The 2 kids loved it and is quiet in the morning. Busier in the afternoon.
I must say the biggest let down was the entertainment and the bar staff. Every evening it was kids disco 8:30 till 9pm then a very very poor show! During the day they would make an attempt at doing something but generally speaking it was very poor for such a grand hotel. The bar staff well just plain rude, all the time, I don't know what their problem was but they weren't interested in serving people and often there would be 3 behind the bar and 1 serving at a very slow pace..... Again, another shame for such a grand hotel.
The beach is pebbles, but its also fabulous with plenty of sunbeds and warm sea, tho the beach facilities they have are very very poor! The bar area looks very makeshift and the toilets are terrible. Weirdly the bar staff down there seemed to considt of the lifeguard!! but at least he was happy. The food down there isn't too good either and they only have about 10 tables.
Back to the hotel, the lifts seem to be incredibly slow and although we were on the 9th floor we often walked as it was quicker!
The main pool is also great, tho no lifeguards that I could tell of (the water park has a couple and they are very friendly/happy guys) it has quite a lot of sun beds so no problems there. If you have a good walk round you can find pools scattered around, 1 of which we spent all day at completely on our own!
To sum up, although it seems I have a lot to complain about, it's only in the hope that it helps others to pick the right hotel. We all had a great time and loved it, but with a few tweaks here and there it could have been perfect! The weather was fabulous 30+ 12 out of 14 days tho some of the storms in the evening were AMAZING!!
Go to this hotel, for the price it's really good value, just be aware of some of its flaws before you go then it saves some disappointment!
- Also Known As:
- Goldcity Tourism Complex Hotel Kargicak
- Goldcity Tourism Complex Hotel
- Goldcity Tourism Complex Alanya
- Goldcity Tourism Complex Hotel Alanya
- Goldcity Tourism Complex Turkey/Antalya Province
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Goldcity is proud to be the largest hotel-apartment complex establishment in the southern coast of Turkey. With a capacity of over 1000 apartments, it shines as a Pearl over one of the highest demanding tourism centres in Turkey. Goldcity Tourism Complex offers all of the facilities one would expect of a world-class hotel. Guests at the Goldcity will enjoy a high standard of hospitality and personal attention from the management, dedicated to making everyone's stay a memorable experience. It was a dream in the beginning and now our dream has came true. We invite you to share the dream with us... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Otel and Olotels so you can book your Goldcity Tourism Complex reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.