“Great first experience of Turkey” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Suntopia Tropical

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Ortaca
Suntopia Tropical
You added Suntopia Tropical to your Saves list
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Sarigerme Koyu Ortaca Merkez, Ortaca 48600, Turkey (Formerly Pegasos Tropical)   |
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Ortaca
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Great first experience of Turkey”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

Arrived late checkout was quite quick even though a lot of people arriving at hotel . Restaurant open late for us to eat after our flight which was much appreciated. We were given a tag to put on cases and bell boys took cases to room. Our room was a suite which was of a very good standard - kingsize bed and a double out in the living area, whirlpool bath and bath robes. The cleaners were very nice and most days we had lovely displays of flowers on our beds .
The food was very good with plenty of choice and was always hot and being refilled . The resort itself was lovely and clean , it had 5 pools-( one indoors but all of which were freezing !!!!!!!) , gardens and the beach so you could always find a pleasant spot to relax. I wouldn't hesitate to go even if travelling without children as their pool areas were separate from the quiet pool and gardens. The chillout bar was very nice near the beach and did lovely fresh toastie's for lunchtime!
We used the spa having a turkish bath and massage which was a really relaxing experience and the staff were very nice too. We didn't go to the entertainment so can't comment on this.
Sarigerme village about fifteen - twenty minutes walk away but taxi only 10 lire ( £3 ) , it only has one street with shops selling all the genuine fakes!! but this is enough for us so adequate.
There are a few shops and a hairdresser in the hotel and it also has a small arcade with pool, table tennis etc and our teenage son spent many an evening with the friends he met here.
All in all we had a great holiday at this well kept resort with very pleasant staff which we would visit again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (335)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Steyning
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

We arrived 11pm on 18th October 2013 and stayed for 2 weeks. We went as a family of 3 with a child of 10 years old.
My first impression was that the reception lacked atmosphere and was very clinical. Got my room keys and they give you a label to put on your suitcase. The bell boy then brings the case to your room. They do expect a tip.
On the saturday we got to look round the hotel. the complex was lovely and clean and the pools were brilliant albeit a bit cold. Pool towels are provided from the spa.
Restaurant was great (for the first week) great choice and always something for everyone. There is a small problem with keeping the food warm but this is more down to the guests rather than the chefs. if the guests closed the lids the food would keep warmer for longer!
The pancake lady is brilliant. she is open from about 10.30 in the morning until about 5. She is very friendly but she doesn't speak english so can come across as a bit sour. she was great to us showing my daughter how the birds were eating the locusts.
The restaurant in the 2nd week was a bit disappointing. The theme nights had stopped, there was no butter only horrible olive spread, much less choice for breakfast. I know it was closing at the end of October but this was still half term and we had paid premium rates for this week so still expect the same service. I would never go at the end of October again. would like to know where all the fridges were. I only found one and that was down at the lunch buffet otherwise you asked for water from behind the bars.
Rooms. They initially looked ok. nothing spectacular, but how long do you spend in your room. The beds are very large and very hard. Would be better is the duvets actually fitted the beds. My only gripe was the cleaner, or lack of one. she made the bed but that was it. Nothing cleaned or swept and plates and glasses left. This seemed to be a problem in block 3 as no one else had this problem.
Entertainment Team. Well what can I say. They were rubbish. No enthusiasm, no mingling with the guests. I did speak to the Head of entertainment in the 2nd week and he said it was because it was coming to the end of season. I don't want to sound too much of a moaner but this was half term. We had booked our holiday over a year ago and saved hard to be able to go. I don't expect to be told that it's because it's the end of the season. They work for 6 months of the year and then take 6 months off. We work all year and have 4 weeks holiday a year. Am I missing something?? did improve for last 3 days but too little too late as far as I was concerned.
I will say that all the staff were pretty miserable except for the young waiter in the turkish restaurant who was great. He decorated our table for our daughter's birthday and made her evening. The food in here is great too. Went twice. The italian wasn't bad and I can't comment on the spice as I didn't try it.
Trips. Do not book through Thomson they are double the price. Use Basket Travel up in the town. We did 3 trips with these guys and they are very knowledgable of their country and looked after us well. Ken took us to the mud baths and found us loggerhead turtles let us eat blue crab and NO carpet bizzars. Denis, well what can i say? You were great on the 12 island tour and also arranging for us to do the jeep safari. this is a memory I will keep forever. We had a fun and very wet day. Thanks for making our trips such good fun.

You can walk to town in about 20 mins taking a slow amble or a taxi which cost 10 lt about £3. The shop owners in the town are great. They will haggle but the quality is far better than the market. Watch it when you get t shirts in the market. make sure you count them in the bag before you walk away, they are very good and not putting them all in. I paid for 7 only got 6 and didn't realise until I got back to the hotel.
The Dolphin restaurant in the town in good. We had a great meal on our last week. Try their hot chocolate cake, it is to die for.

Thomson do a swap shop which is a fantastic idea. All sun oils, lilos, swim nappies ect. Did feel that people started to take the mick with it though by leaving underwear and clothes. This isn't what it was meant for.

Overall. I would say that this hotel is great for younger children but if you have any older than 10 there is not a lot for them to do. The pools are great and lovely and clean but this does get boring day in day out. If you want a safer beach walk along the beach towards the german hotel over a rickety bridge and round the mountain, takes about 15 mins and then the beach is lovely. All sand and goes slowly out with no drop so much safer for the children. I would not come back to this hotel but I do love Turkey.

Room Tip: Block 3 is good as well away from the noise, You don't get a pool view but you do get a view of...
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

Stayed here from 21-28th October . Had a lovely relaxing time. Check inn was quick and efficient. Rooms were clean although basic. Swimming pools were excellent and clean- 2 slides in main pool- water not that warm though. Entertainment team very friendly and always trying to get you to join in. Standard of food was very good with lots of choice- although remember in turkey there is no pork . Ice creams by the pool from 3-5 pm very popular . The alcoholic drinks were the usual standard ( own brands- not very strong ) overall a lovely friendly place offering excellent value for money,- would recommend

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Leicester, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

After reading reviews on this hotel I was slightly worried about our booking but I shouldn't have. The hotel was very clean food was very good and lots of choice and I have to say the Thomson reps Steven and Karen were excellent and very helpful I don't know what people have been moaning about. Its a all round good holiday and I have travelled to a fair few places now . Well done to Steven and Karen for making our holiday enjoyable and looking after us while we was there thankyou .

London England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

My friend and I holidayed here in October 2012, for a week. The hotel is just a short transfer time from the airport which is ideal after a 4 hour flight. Check-in was quick and painless and a porter wheeled our cases to our room for us. I have to be honest and say that the room itself was a little dated - could do with modernising as it didn't really match the rest of the hotel's appearance! Having said that, it was very clean and the maids did a brilliant job. The main bedroom had a huge bed and there was a sofa bed in the lounge. These rooms are classed as 'suites', but in reality, they're not.
Unfortunately, due to some problems (with some of the staff taking a shine to us and knocking on our door at silly hours in the morning), we had to change rooms halfway through the week, and although this was a bit of a pain, the new room was much nicer and was on two levels - these type of rooms are much nicer. - Please don't be put off by the problems we experienced, these were easily resolved by our wonderful Reps Dean & Bianca, and we were assured this was a one off.
The food was perfectly fine - the themed restaurants were lovely! The best one was the Turkish night - authentic Turkish kebabs - yummy!
We especially liked that there were fridges dotted everywhere with bottles of water that you could help yourself too - a great idea in the heat.
We spent our daytimes around the 'quiet/relax' pool which was heaven, and I ventured on the waterslides a few times - they were great fun, kids will love them. Our evenings were spent in the chill our bar / disco, which was very lively.
The mudbaths and market are worth a visit too.

All in all, a nice hotel, well worth a visit - but for a 4* in Turkey, there are better out there - especially in Belek.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Bolton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

Just arrived back to a very cold Britain after a stunning week in Turkey at the Thompson Suntopia Tropical Dalaman. We arrived late in the evening so firdt impression was next morning and it did not disappoint. Overall this hotel is a credit to the Thompson Group and I would reccomend it without hesitation, however there are a couple of niggles that I feel I need to bring to the attention of the management. The rooms were not basic but equally neither were they sumptuous. They were clean lots of good quality towels, hand sanitiser and soap, nice touch was the towel decoration on the bed which I always thought was only done for honeymooners! which I hasten to add I am not !!!. However the grouting round the bath was grotty shame as it was a jacuzzi bath. My main gripe is with the catering on the positive side the salad buffet was excellent the best I have ever seen. The Bread section was equally excellent massive choice and the freshest I have ever tasted. The dessert section was wjde in choice and was a tad hit and miss but that could be personal choice. However my problem is with the bain maries used in the dining room they are NOT keeping the food warm, shame as the choice was excellent, and my other gripe is with the provision of juice which is actually not juice but very weak cordial. There is a requirement to pay extra for real juice which I really object to as I am not an alcohol drinker so I spent the whole week drinking childrens cordial !!!!! However having said that this is a lovely venue extremely clean grounds, all the toilets were immaculate and the pool is a joy, the provision of signage is the best I have ever seen, even a board explaining what all the plants are. The swop shop idea I have never seen before and is an excellent addition, could I suggest that guests could put 1 Lira for each item taken and the money used to provide care and vaccination for the family of feral cats living in the grounds, this would have the effect of allowing guests to feel more comfortable around the very cute cats and would also mean they did not have to scavenge for food when guests are eating. I hope the management will take this review as mainly positive and constructive this is a great holiday destination.

Room Tip: If you have mobility issues make sure you mention this as this is a large site and walking to the di...
Elgin, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at suntopia for 11 night and it was a great holiday! There was a party of 14 of us, including 5 under 10's.

Arrival; we arrived at the hotel around 11pm and check in was very quick and hassle free. We were given a tag with our room number to stick on our bag so the lovely man could drop them off at our hotel door. (We gave him a £3 tip). At 11.30pm the midnight buffet opens. It's nothing amazing but did the job of filling up some hungry holiday makers until the next morning.

Rooms; we were impressed with the size of the room. Spacious and clean. Bed was really comfy and big! The balcony was fine too, couple of chairs and a table. Our room was 1230 and after a day at the pool we still got sun at our balcony until dark which was a bonus (although not much of a view). The cleaner was lovely and made us cute swans from towels and scattered flowers on our bed, she was always so cheery. Bathrooms are adequate however the showers are amazing! Proper power shower!

Food; eating is my favourite hobby so food is make or break for my holiday but the food at suntopia is top notch. I've been on a few all inclusive holidays but the food does not compare to the food here. Hats off to the chefs who manage to prepare such great tasting food for so much people! Always loads the eat at breakfast lunch and supper. Really impressed. We used all 3 of our al a carte tokens. First we went to the Turkish one- rubbish. Then went to the Italian- better than Turkish. Then we went to the spice one for one of our party's 8th birthday. The food was really good and the main waiter was friendly and super enthusiastic about the birthday which was lovely.

Drinks; the drinks here and pretty good. 30 cocktails and you might be tipsy. 40 beers and you'll still be sober. Possibly a slight exaggeration but not much.

• Stayed October 2013

Been to Suntopia Tropical? Share your experiences!