“Great Holliday great hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Suntopia Tropical

You added Suntopia Tropical to your Saves list
Suntopia Tropical
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Sarigerme Koyu Ortaca Merkez, Ortaca 48600, Turkey (Formerly Pegasos Tropical)   |
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Ortaca
Loanhead
“Great Holliday great hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

Went to hotel 16 th to 30.th may this year great food great room don't be put off with disbelievers.staff great inc thomsons rep. Pool fantastic Russians no worse than the Brits. pool closed twice during our stay.dolpin bar in saragerme great for a change.drinks are fine beer would go back.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (333)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Sheffield, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

Stayed here for 1 week with my boyfriend and 9 year old son. Was a little worried after reading reviews so went open minded but the hotel was fantastic, we went to restaurants at quiet times to avoid the crowds as its very very busy but this is the only problem I could see with this place and its avoidable by choosing what time you eat etc. breakfast best at 8 ish , lunch best at chill out bar as nobody seems to realise they do lunch In there and it's lovely cooked chicken, salad and chips and rice etc. evening meal best at 9ish. Food was brill , no complaints at all....something for all kind of eaters.

Drinks a bit watered down but controls the behaviour at the hotel so don't blame them , if you want a proper beer head in to sarigerme town for a pint of Effes...yum :)

Hotel room was the best I've ever had whilst on holiday it's clean and comfy.

Pools are fantastic didn't witness any closure of pools when we were there thankfully.

Beach is ok, nothing special and the one in town wasn't worth the 45 min walk either in my opinion head to oludeniz beach you can get here by booking trips with basket travel defo recommend these guys, very helpful!

Town was nice enjoyed a few walks here, it's very quiet but worth a visit.

20 min transfer was nice too :)

Overall great holiday , good value for money and my 9 year old son loved it :)

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend and I have just returned from a weeks stay at Suntopia Tropical.

The transfer from Dalaman airport was very quick; it was supposed to be 25 minutes but I think it was more like 15! This was much appreciated after the 4 hour night flight.

Upon arrival the checking in process was fairly quick. We booked a suite and the main advantage if this was the air-con. This could be set to the exact temp you wanted and was great as it was actually cold in the room when we woke up even though it was 35 degrees c outside! The room was spacious and clean but a little dated. I was disappointed when I saw that the jacuzzi bath was not a large corner one but maybe I was expecting too much! One thing that could have been better was the timing of the room being cleaned- the clearer appeared at irregular times each day which was a bit annoying as we didn't know what to expect.

The food was in my opinion very good, considering the scale that it was done on. I had read reviews about the food being cold but what do you expect when nobody puts the lids back on the serving trays?! There was always plenty of choice- my in unadventurous boyfriend was happy with chips, chicken nuggets and burgers whilst I am vegetarian and found that there was plenty if choice for me. Meal times were a bit hectic but I'm not sure what they could really do to improve that when there are so many people to feed! We visited the A La Carte which was supposed to be Chinese but it was much more like Indian as they served chicken tika masala and curried vegetables. Although the theme if the food seemed to be along the wrong lines it was actually very good. We ordered room service once which wasn't worth paying for in the end as the food we got didn't match up to what it said on the menu.

I was quite impressed with the drinks as i expected them to be stingy with the alcohol but this was not the case! They gave huge measures of vodka and I actually had to ask for my drink to be topped up with juice as it was too strong! We went the chill out bar a few times during our stay as it had a really nice atmosphere and played British club type music from 11pm.

The main pool was our favourite aspect of the hotel - it is so big that it never feels crowded and the flumes were good. The only thing I would like to see change is the times they were open. They were open for a couple if hours in the morning and again in the afternoon but I don't see any reason why they couldn't be open all day. Although a lot of the sun loungers were reserved by 6am, we never had a problem finding some.

The entertainment team were excellent- they encouraged everyone to take part without being at all pushy. We took part in the 'crazy pool game' a few times and although its not something that I would usually do, it was amazing fun! They also put on sports games throughout the day including water polo and football which my boyfriend really enjoyed.

I had seen a lot if of complaints regarding Russian guests prior to our visit and that was worrying me as many people had said that they ruined the holiday. I'm glad to say that I didn't find them to be all that bad- they certainly were not the friendliest people I have come across but nothing major annoyed me. They did however take ridiculous amounts of fruit and dessert, only to not eat most if it but the food was replenished constantly so this didn't cause an issue.

We visited Sarigerme several times, and found the prices to be very reasonable. We ate at the dolphin restaurant twice and it was only £8 for a steak, chips and veg. The cocktails were also very cheap and absolutely huge! Highly recommend. The shops were obviously full of fake goods but you can barter with then and bring the price down a lot. All of the shop owners were very friendly and not pushy. The market however was a different story. It comes in a Sunday and sells all of the same stuff as the shops but they were so pushy it was actually quite intimidating. The jewellery woman were grabbing me and got quite annoyed when I didn't buy anything, just not worth the hassle!

Overall we had a fantastic holiday and would recommend this place to anyone, whether you have kids or not!

Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

Overview

I stayed at the Suntopia Tropical, Sarigerme, Turkey, 11th June to 18th June 2013 with my partner and our two year old daughter.

We found The Suntopia Tropical to be a spacious and relaxed hotel. It is very close to the village of Sarigerme and is located next door to the First Choice Holiday Village. The Suntopia Tropical is only a short 20 minute transfer from Dalaman Airport and was the first drop off point during our transfer.

The hotel is set within large grounds and has a great range of pools, water slides, bars, restaurants, and has direct access to the beach. There is a good spa and wellness centre, a selection of on-site shops that sell a range of fake branded goods and the usual necessities and a large Amphitheatre used for evening entertainment.

There are areas for action-packed, fun-filled times such as the football pitches, volleyball and tennis courts and water slides, and others for relaxing and chilling out; such as the chill out bar and adults only pool.

We enjoyed a fantastic family holiday that represented great value for money. This isn't a luxury hotel, nor is it sold as one, however it is a comfortable, welcoming hotel that upon check out left my family and I feeling refreshed, relaxed and although a little heavier that when we arrived really, really happy.

Food & Drink

Each day we had a Buffet breakfast, lunch and dinner in the main buffet restaurant. The food quality was good as was the choice and availability of food items. If you have spent time reading all of the reviews of this hotel you may have noticed a theme of poor reviews centered on the quality of food and poor selection choice.

I honestly did not encounter this and can say that we enjoyed each meal we had. There are themed nights and a fantastic selection of salads, fruits and main dishes to choose from.

At peak times the restaurant is noisy and finding your ‘perfect’ table can be frustrating, however when at capacity this hotel services over 2,000 visitors at high peak holiday times. This hotel isn’t an Iberostar, Hilton or Sensatory Resort and I don’t think guests should expect the buffet restaurant to be a quiet retreat.

The hotel will allow you one visit per stay to one of the two themed ‘Spice’ or ‘Italian’ restaurants. My family and I opted for the ‘Spice’ restaurant and found this to be much more chilled out and again the food quality was good. I do feel that only one visit to a themed restaurant is a little disappointing and I would like to see the hotel allow you to visit each of the two during your stay.

The pool bar/buffet area is fantastic and allows you to each lunch and snacks without leaving the comfort of your sun lounger. Again the food quality was good. Burgers, Hot Dogs, Grilled Fish, salads and fruits were available.

There is a wide variety of spirits, cocktails and soft drinks available and the bar service is nearly always impeccable. At peak times there are queues, however as is the same with the restaurant situation above this is to be expected. The beer is a little watered down; however it isn't really noticeable to the taste. The house (all inclusive) wine is fruity and serious rocket fuel. If getting drunk on holiday is for you then the wine could be the tipple for you.

Entertainment

During the day there are pool events, games and competitions that are announced over the sound system. The usual football, volleyball, tennis and water polo games are supplemented with Zumba, Boxercise, and many other classes and activities to take part in.

During the evening the children’s entertainment is located in the Amphitheater and focuses around the disco. My daughter is only two and if was during the early part of the nightly disco that we left to put her to bed. Other reviews may help more in regard to evening entertainment and the Thomson Kids Clubs. Apologies…

Room

We stayed in a standard family room, no great luxuries; however the room was always clean, comfortable and spacious. The beds were comfortable and my daughter slept of a single sofa bed that again was comfortable.

The large bath and power shower were great and the bathroom in general was modern, clean and spacious.

It would be nice to have tea and coffee making facilities and the option to stock the fridge/mini bar. A safe can be obtained from reception at a small cost. The balcony was a little small and the balcony furniture a little uncomfortable, however these were small inconveniences and overall the rooms was a good four star room.

All Inclusive Facilities

The hotel has free Wi-Fi in the reception and lobby bar area. The Wi-Fi is really poor and is my only direct criticism of the Suntopia Tropical. Connecting in the morning was easier, however almost impossible in the evenings. If you have important business or any other reason to connect daily then I would recommend arranging alternative arrangements with your mobile provider.

The reception has a money exchange facility with much better exchange rates than in the UK. This is a great option, however if you are venturing out in to Sarigerme Village or other towns even better exchange rates are available there.

The spa and wellness center is good and there is an indoor pool and fully equipped gym available for guests to use.

Location & Recommendations

As noted above the Suntopia Tropical is a quick transfer from Dalaman Airport and is only two kilometers from Sarigerme Village. The hotel has direct access to the beach and has its own sun loungers and parasols free for all guests to use.

If rock tombs, giant loggerhead turtles and mud baths are your thing then the Dalyan Ultimate trip will provide you with a fantastic day.

The Fethiye Market and Oludeniz excursion gave us the chance to see a little bit of Turkish culture and we grabbed some real bargains. Oludeniz is simply magnificent.

Good hotel, great holiday and amazing weather!

Room Tip: When choosing a room think about what you want from your holiday. Do you want a quiet room far away...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Southampton.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

My family and I have just returned from a two week holiday at the Suntopia Tropical in Sarigerme Turkey 4 adults and 2 children under 6.
This is the second time we have visited this hotel we stayed here last year for a week and had such a great time we came for 2 weeks this year.
The hotel is in my opinion a great family resort with lots going on all the time if you want to take part. The food is good with plenty of choose lots of fresh fruit at all meals.
The several pools are great with flumes and the beach is a 3 minute walk away.
If you plan to do any trips don't use the reps trips go into the town(15 minuet walk away) and use Basket tours they are first class and much cheaper.
This hotel is very popular with the Russians and there are a lot of them all I can say about that is be early if you want a sunbed.
We found the exchange rate better at the hotel than in the U.K.
If you want a great family this is the place to go. Enjoy.

Room Tip: Stay clear of the pool area and go for top floor.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013 via mobile

2nd time ive stayed at this hotel and can def say this time was far better, stayed for 2 weeks as last time only did 1 week, could not believe how many people that worked there still remembered me from last year,

Entertainment team do a brilliant job credit to ali and all his staff they work long hours and try to please everyone from adults to children, john (can) is brilliant done archery afew times with him and in the shows he is brilliant, darts and boules is a good laugh aswell,

Food is ok im a fussy eater so basically ate chips and pizza every day but there is alot to choose from through out the day and evening, drinks are ok i bought my beer from the on site shop by the pool and only being £1.50 a can the hotel beer is very watered down but understandable due to people drinking to much everyday as this is a family hotel with kids around,

Rooms are fine we had a standard room yet our friends had a suite and i can honestly say im glad i didn't upgrade as i found ours to be more spaceous than theres and in a better location, maids do a great job, rooms cleaned everyday, beds made etc cannot fault them one bit.

Shops in hotel are good, clothes shop are very good quality where market is very cheap feel/looking, nice staff and very friendly and still haggle prices down

Did mud bath and turtle beach trip with thompson was best day out brilliant trip up river on boat to see temple and only £25 all in with lunch included

Water sports on beach are brill did jet skis and ufo would of loved to go scuba diver as had a go in hotel pool but did not have time, russel is very nice bloke

Sarigarme street is lovely. Went to bar with a pool, hugo was brill with kids think its called street bar opposite the dolphin def worth a visit cocktails are lovely and made very welcome all speak brilliant english

Only fault i found is when we landed at 2.am there was no one to great us, managed to get to coaches where we were greated by a thompson rep who ushered us over to a coach to then be pointed to another coach by the very rude turkish driver, got to hotel at 4am to be greated by no rep, only 1 person on reception with 20 odd people to book in which to forever and with young children this is not what you needed after travelling all day basically same on way home coach turned up no rep just turkish driver only time i saw a rep was when booking in bags at airport not very organised by thompson as every other coach from other hotels all have reps with them

Overall a brilliant holiday and will def be going back next year for 3rd time, very good family hotel with great entertainment team and
staff,

4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013 via mobile

Just came back from this hotel with my wife and 2 kids. The weather was great and I'm sad to be home. I writing this review to give people a heads up on some little things. First, good things. Kids clubs and people who work there are brilliant. Entertainment around the pool and evenings for kids and adults was also brilliant, Turkish people are very friendly and welcoming. Very clean place. People always clearing and cleaning all day without being noticed. Bad things. Russians, especially women, do not queue! Don't let it ruin your holiday or write a bad review because of it. The waiters do notice this and will serve you first if somebody has clearly pushed in. Except at the buffet of course. The beer is heavily watered down. No chance of getting drunk at all. Other than that I can think of anything else. We would definitely go back.

• Stayed June 2013

Been to Suntopia Tropical? Share your experiences!