Nothing amazing about this hotel. You ask the receptionist about Shipwreck Cove and the blue caves (the biggest attractions to the island), she has no idea what youre talking about. We got charged a euro just for asking her to book a taxi to the strip, only for the taxi to never arrive and end up getting a lift with her suspicious greek friend. The selection of all inclusive drinks at the bar was very poor. beer, wine and vodka is pretty much it. Of which neither of our party drink, so the bar we had paid for was not an option for us. we booked through lowcostholidays which stated the All Inc bar would close at 11pm , and a selection of snacks would be available in the daytime. The AI closed at 10pm and there were no bar snacks at all - we asked. The hotel is rather stingey. By the 2nd night I was delightlyfully woken up at 2am by food poisoning, of which lasted, and subsequently cut out almost a day and a half of my holiday. This was from what i presume to be from seafood for dinner (mussels). From then on hardly any of our party dared to touch the meat or seafood in the restaurant. Whilst I was suffering in bed with a fever, I gave my friends money and they kindly asked the receptionist for some air con, which was stated as 7 euros/day. However what it doesnt state is that you have to buy it in days of 3, and you cant just buy it for the one day. yet another stingey grab for more money. Bar service in the restaurant was horrific, however the waiters were absolutely lovely, we even made friends with one of them. Our rooms were cleaned only twice the whole week we were there, and this was only because we asked for them to be and to have clean towels. Had we not asked then they would not have been cleaned at all, and we wouldnt have received fresh towels the entire holiday. The all inclusive bands were cable ties. most of us took ours off by the 2nd day as you end up just scratching yourself quite badly in your sleep or when moving about with them. except then when you go to the restaurant you get questioned why youre not wearing your band, and we also witnessed customers being kicked out for not wearing them.
Despite the (many) negatives, the hotel provided a roof to sleep under which was all we needed. Despite not being particularly clean, the rooms were well furnished and the beds were comfortable. The noise was not a bother to us as we are a young group who also went out to the strip and enjoyed ourselves late at night just like those coming home in the early hours . Despite some bad reviews about the pool area, as far as we could tell the pool was clean and the area was also clean and tidy. Taxi's to the strip were cheap, at only 8 euro's a trip. and some of the taxi drivers we met were proper good laughs! The location was amazing with the beach right at your feet. supermarkets are available within seconds walk. also, there were boat trips which can take you to turtle island, keri caves and turtle spottting which were easy to book and were well worth it! there are also options to hire pedalo's and speedboats. Finally, we recommend a cocktail bar a 2 minute walk down the road called Kui's - amazing cocktails, amazing service and a stunning view! we went here almost every night and absolutely loved it!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The renovated Turtle Beach Hotel & Spa with monastery style architecture is conveniently located at Arkadianos beach at Agios Sostis village a 20 minute stroll from the bustling resort of Laganas, Zante. A popular hotel with couples and families, the hotel offers stunning views across Marathonissi, Cameo island and Laganas Bay. Offering a simple, yet full range of facilities that cater well for adults and children, guests will find plenty to keep them occupied. The sandy beach (with sunbed hire) and local bars are just few meters away and the main shops and restaurants are all within 100 meters. Small boats can be hired from the beach for trips to Turtle Island. The Turtle Beach is approximately 8 km from Zakynthos Airport.Accommodation is made up of studios for 2-3 people and spacious apartments from 4 up to 6 persons. All feature a bathroom (with shower), air-conditioning, the sea view rooms are extra equipped with shower cabin & hair dryer the back view rooms have shower curtain without hair dryer(kitchenette with fridge), 24-hour hot water, telephone, plasma satellite TV sets and balcony or terrace.Cots are available free of charge (on request). Guest with walking disabilities or wheelchairs are accepted at this accommodation. All Inclusive Meals. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Despegar.com, Expedia and Tingo so you can book your Turtle Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Arkadianos Apartments Agios Sostis
- Arkadianos Apartments Hotel Agios Sostis
- Arkadianos Hotel
- Turtle Beach Hotel Zakynthos/Agios Sostis, Greece