“Fantastic Again Again and Again” 5 of 5 stars

Pela Hotel
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Skala Kallonis 81107, Greece   |
Ranked #7 of 7 Hotels in Skala Kallonis
Wakefield
“Fantastic Again Again and Again”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2013

Travelled at the end of May for 2 weeks (6th visit) and no doubt will be back in 2014.
The Pela is a home from home. Thekla and Pela and there father Paniagotis are great hosts.
The food here is as good as any in the village if not in Greece. Yes the rooms are small but who wants to spend more than the night inside when the sun is shining. The village has many good tavernas and a couple of nice bars to chose from and is only a 10 minute walk along the beach road.
Lesbos is great for a chill out but there is also plenty to see on the island if you want to explore.

Don't believe the negatives about the Pela hotel - just visit it and find out for yourself.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
  • Greek first
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

We stayed at the Pela hotel for a friend's wedding. We felt like we were welcomed as long lost friends and loved our time there. Pela and Thekla made sure that we had a wonderful time, nothing was too much for them. The food is all fresh and made to order, the price for the food is very reasonable considering the quality. We arrived late on our first night and they were quick to grill some fresh fish caught that morning and ply us with much needed drinks. We'll be back...

Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

Fantastic hotel in Skala Kalloni.

Rooms are simple, but spotlessly clean.
My family and I have been coming here since the hotel opened and we still come back every summer.
My husband and I actually had our evening wedding reception here which was so fantastic! Thank you Thekla :)

The hotel pool, bar and restaurant are all of a great standard.

The location is excellent - a 10-15 minute stroll into the village square which has lots of fantastic restaurants and bars.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
northwest
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

The Pela Hotel was a delight. Couldn't have wished for anything better. Our room was clean and quiet. We ate at the hotel and the all the meals were plentiful and delicious. The beach was 5 mins walk away and the village, Kalloni, 15 mins walk. I recommend the Caprice and Ambrosia restaurants in the village, both good value for money.
All the staff were pleasant and helpful.
If you're looking for an "away from it all" holiday, this is the place.
A big "thank you" to Thekla for making this a memorable and relaxing stay.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Manchester
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

Went back to this resort after 20yrs plus, the resort hasn't changed that much, still very friendly welcome all over the village.
The Hotel Pela was just being built last time I was there, I found it is typical Greek accommodation and very clean, the staff were all very pleasant, Thekla and her father were very helpful to me in trying to relocate a family I knew all those years ago, They found them for me and arranged for me to meet up with them twice, also transporting me to their home. I thank them very much for their time and effort. (went that extra mile).
The Hotel has many many returning families and as a single traveler I found this a little daunting for the first week as most of the guest were dutch, the second week livened up when more English people arrived and kindly invited me into their group, Though I was wary of living through the war of the roses again or even the north south divide, (Joking) really nice group of people (barring Blackburn fans) (joke).
The resort and most of the hotels were quiet, but I think that is because flights have been cut.

Room Tip: Believe block 3 is new
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013 via mobile

This is our 4 th time at pela, and am glad to say nothing changes much, although this year is exceptionally quiet , only 5 rooms occupied! Thekla and her team allways make an enjoyable time and we will undoubtably return!!!!

• Stayed July 2013
Brighton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

a close friend recommended this little hotel to me, 3 years ago.. we went together with our children, and I loved it. The following year, we went again, and then I returned without my daughter, for 3 weeks on my own. I did exactly the same last year. 3 weeks with children, 3 weeks on my own. Totally safe, female, single friendly... and never on your own, as the 2 sisters who run it, along with all the hotel staff, make you feel right at home. And because they've built such a reputation, they have an 85% return guest list.. So not only safe and happy with the family, but you get to catch up with the same old friends you've met year after year. My favourite little place. Relaxed, happy and nothing ever too much trouble x

Room Tip: the rooms are all very different.. been in a few.. and all our lovely in their own ways
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Been to Pela Hotel? Share your experiences!