“Wonderful, Wonderful, Wonderful.....” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 7 hotels in Megalochori
San Antonio TX
“Wonderful, Wonderful, Wonderful.....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

What can I say that already hasn't been said? Perhaps nothing, only that the great reviews provided here are just and true. The place is exceptional, with views equal to far more expensive places on Santorini. The service is outstanding (Kyriakos is an exceptional host) and the rooms are very comfortable with amazing views. You will not spend better money elsewhere than here. I promise.

Room Tip: All rooms have a caldera view so you cant go wrong. Enjoy
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

56 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
  • Greek first
Amsterdam, Noord-Holland, Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2014

We arrived a few days ago with a kid (not very common for Santorini standards) and the manager was helpful and friendly from the start. We got an upgrade to one of the new rooms, who look excellent and have brilliant view over the caldera. The pool area is something to remember: this view you only see on the packed mass-hotels in oia, firastefani and other 5000-euro-room hotels on the island. here you have the same views, and the personal staff that know your name after one time (only a few rooms in the hotel).At night the pool area looks spectaculair and in the morning you can chose your tailormade breakfast and chose where you want to have it at what time. Wow... What a view, personal service and excellent place to stay!!

Room Tip: it pays off to book one of the upstairs rooms, so that you have a better view
Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Tel Aviv, Israel
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

My wife and I went to island spending our honeymoon

Before, I was the one who chose this island and I chose the hotel from many hotels I've proposed.

I hoped in my heart, I picked the right hotel that will make our leisure time in our lives, Billy via, fun and happy.

Today, after I came back to Israel, I can tell you with your mouth full, the selection of the hotel was a great writer (!)

I'm still in shock from a level of service and hospitality. I felt like I was being treated like a King

The first day we arrived at the hotel early in the day. After waiting a few minutes, during which we could look at the spectacular view from the hotel, the staff came to us with cups of coffee and wait for a room, while taking care of our guest a full morning

It was the first moment when we realized that we are dealing with the Institute staff to do for just a second and racing.

The room was beautiful and the service was awesome;!The views from the hotel are stunning;
The food taste and excellent bar service;
Nice pool;
Hotel location is great and close to public transport;
The staff treats you like family;

The staff took care of our travel planning in the island and gave recommendations on how to travel and where to go. One day the Manager arguing with a taxi driver who demanded to be paid much.

In short, we wanted to buy a new House and much more!Many thanks to the staff, keeping them more and I do plan to return exclusively to you as soon as possible.

Husam Hussein and Nabila
Israel

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Oldham England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2014

Just returned from Santorini, my first ever visit to the most beautiful island I have visited in the Greek isles, my wife and I had the pleasure of being the first guests at the refurbished Calderas Dolphin Studios in Megalochori, we didn't arrive until nearly 10.00pm Greek time due to delayed flight over from Manchester, on arrival we were warmly welcomed by Kiriakos and the staff who took all our bags and showed us to our most beautiful studio apartment, the rooms have been done to an extremely high standard and have lovely fittings and some lovely touches to make you feel at home, the beds are so comfortable we slept so well after a long day getting there, when we awoke in the morning and opened the curtains onto our terrace we were amazed at the stunning views over the Caldera and the remains of the Volcano in the bay in front of us , truly an exceptional view! ! We requested our breakfast the previous night and on time Kiriakos delivered it to our room so we could eat looking at the view,heaven. The outside area round the pool is really nice with a lovely bar area where you could sit and eat if you preferred although it was a bit windy for the first couple of days, but you can't change the weather! We made lovely friends in Christina and Aris who between them ran the bar day and night, I personally cannot thank Christina and Kiriakos enough as during our stay I took ill and they both personally cared for me taking me and staying with me at a local medical centre where I needed treatment, so kind and so unexpected to have people whose primary concern is for the welfare of each and every guest, they went way beyond anything I could have expected, also thanks to the owners/managers Lefkiris and Chrysoula who both expressed concern for my welfare, such wonderful people. I would definitely recommend staying here to anybody who wants to see Santorini, it's away from the crowds in the resorts but close enough to some local restaurants and tavernas in the old village across the road about ten minutes walk, would advise car hire to go and visit all the island as the views all over the island are amazing. Finally the sunsets oh wow we could sit on our terrace with a nice cool drink and have our own private sunset straight in front of our eyes, no need to bustle with the crowds up in the tourist town of Oia , nice though the town is my advice is go there early in the day before the cruise ships get in and get out again . Really pleased to have picked Calderas Dolphin and would definitely visit again for a relaxing week away . Paul and Ute Hammond

Room Tip: All rooms are excellent newly refurbished to the highest standard and all have the most amazing view...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Hervey Bay, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2014 via mobile

We pre-booked and spent one night on our arrival into Santorini. The property has just undergone a full refurbishment and is outstanding. The decor is lovely, very modern and stylish. The room has all mod cons and the price included a lovely breakfast.
The view was the rooms was spectacular. The manager was very friendly and welcoming. Highly Recommend this property.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2014

Stayed at Calderas Dolphin for 4 days in Sep 2013 during our honeymoon to Greece. Its a quaint cozy little resort just outside of Megalochori, best for the view and the quiet space that it provides for you to enjoy it. Unlike most other resorts, it is not in the middle of a cluster of them, and you dont have to struggle for a view, i would say the sunset from here is one of the best I have seen in Santorini. This also places you in a good position to explore the whole island from, and get to see some of the southern and eastern parts. Good breakfast, well kept and comfortable. Special mention for Kiriakose, the guy running the place! He was just wonderful!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Sliema, Malta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

We had a false start to our stay in Santorini with our GPS indicating the wrong location for this establishment. However the friendly staff at the bakery soon had us heading in the right direction.

When we got there the very pleasant gentleman facilitated our settling in and even gave us an upgrade due to our request for a double bed. The evening continued on a positive note when we dined at a local taverna recommended to us by the same gentleman at the Caldera Dolphin (whose name eludes me) apologies. Having checked in after dark we we unaware of the stunning views from our balcony and the next we we stunned by the amazing views offered from our balcony and from the whole property in general. The location is out of the city and hence I would recommend a car. The staff were so obliging and also acceded to my request for flowers at breakfast time as it was my partner's birthday.
I must say our whole experience in 'Samtorini was very positive from the accommodation to the cuisine to the incredible views this place offered.
My only negative comment is that the shower is very small and uncomfortable with a shower curtain sticking to you whilst showering.

Room Tip: Room 8 is a studio on the ground floor level. Very spacious and with a private balcony.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Calderas Dolphin Suites? Share your experiences!