“Amazing!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Aegagros Caldera Houses

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Megalochori
Aegagros Caldera Houses
You added Aegagros Caldera Houses to your Saves list
4.0 of 5 Guest house   |   Megalochori 847 00, Greece   |
Ranked #1 of 5 Megalochori B&B and Inns
Athens, Greece
“Amazing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

The first time I visited Aegagros place, it was night when we arrived. The hosts welcomed us warmly and the first impression was very good.
But when I wake up next day, oh god, it was a big surprise the view I had in front of me when I opened the window: I stayed breathless!
And the breakfast a little later: fabulous!
And the overall stay for the whole week: wonderful! I felt like home. The hosts were always there whenever we needed something.
It is worthwhile to visit it!
Looking forward to go back again!

Room Tip: in front suites are large and sunny with fantastic view
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Brussels, Belgium
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

A small note to add to the raving reviews of staying @ Aegagros: the comfort of the houses, the quiet location, the kind of tourism which is promoted, the outstanding level of service and the wonderful sea view made it all worthwhile, and I must add that the excellent breakfast was exceptionally good.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

Where do I begin....I spent two amazing weeks at Aegagros Caldera Houses. Everyone there was so welcoming and friendly from the minute I arrived until after I had left. The house I stayed in was perfect, very comfortable and relaxing, everything you could ever want or need on your holiday. The views of the caldera and sunsets from the terrace, are the best in Santorini! They are centrally located just outside of a small village so it is nice and quiet but easy to access everything on the island. There is a market and gas station just a few minutes away which was so very convenient. The owners are very helpful and knowledgeable of where to go and what to do and will help you with arranging anything you want to make your holiday unforgettable. The best part about staying here is the breakfasts! Simply delicious, authentic, local Greek cuisine. Delicious!! I just left and can't wait to go back, the most memorable stop on my three month adventure in Europe.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Sheffield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

Aegagros is a little paradise on earth. The view is amazing (possibly the most beautiful sunset I’ve ever seen), and the houses are all decorated with great taste and personal touches. The site is easily accessed and sheltered from the crowd and noise of Santorini’s tourist centres. The hosts were all warmly welcoming, helpful and hospitable – even the cute little kitty was friendly! And the homemade breakfast was delicious, varied and cooked with mostly local produce. In many ways the place combined the best aspect of a hotel in the level of service and comfort with the coziness and charm of a family home. A perfect base to spend some days in Santorini!
I spent a week there many years ago in my teens and had always hoped to go back one day. I left this place a few days ago hoping for exactly the same thing again in the future!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Dunedin, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012

We stayed 3 nights in one of the Aegagros Caldera Houses.
It was wonderful, beautiful view from our terrace, quiet and peaceful, well away from the crowds in Fira.
The house was very clean and imaginatively furnished.
The hosts were very friendly and helpful (even taking us across to the beaches to go swimming) and gave us lots of information about the area.
A highlight was being taken down to the local family church, also perched on the side of the cliff, and learning its history and customs.
The welcome meal was a gourmet surprise and the wonderful breakfasts, served on our terrace, kept us going all day.
A rental car or bike is recommended as its great to explore the lesser known areas of the island. It would also be good to be able to go to Fira and Oia in the late afternoon when the towns are quieter. The local buses are good, they use Fira as their hub but stop running early in the evening.
This was one of the best places we have ever stayed.
We would return in a flash if it wasnt so far from New Zealand.
We hope to meet up again some day.

Room Tip: The end house was very private and had a wonderful view.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Madrid
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2012

Last summer me and some friends stayed in this beautiful place for some days. I must say that the view over the caldera is simply awesome. The appartments are far from the main towns but the isle is not big and you can easily reach any place by quad, scooter or car. I recomend rent any of them because is essencial to enjoy all Santorini from there. The best, apart the nice view, is the quiet atmosfere, no sounds can be heard from any road due to his proper location. It seems to be a family run business, and they try to make you feel confortable. The wellcome dinner was a great surprise, the quality and care they put to give greek food is remarkable. In the morning they place a fantasitc breakfast on the outside table as soon as you decide to open the window as signal. The dinner watching the sunset is a whole experience. Last day they gave us a lift to the ferry (so nice). I really recomend this place and once I've been there I think it would be a great option for that ones who want give a suprise to his couple.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends

Been to Aegagros Caldera Houses? Share your experiences!