We stayed here for one night recently and wish we could have stayed longer. If it is your first time in the Seychelles, consider spending more time on Praslin and LaDigue than on Mahe, since the former two offer more in terms of scenery, activity, and ambience than the beach-bum tourist-centric Mahe does. And if you can stay on Praslin for a few nights, stay here.
We arrived by rental car (both rental cars and taxis are readily available at the jetty; we arrived by ferry without a car rental reservation and were easily able to procure a car at the jetty). The hotel is easy to find on what is essentially one of two roads on Praslin. Parking is free beyond the puzzling private gate that encloses the resort grounds (are marauders really a problem on Praslin or is this gate simply a gesture to placate jittery tourists?) The hotel grounds are perfectly maintained and the pool is huge and beautiful. The surrounding natural scenery is stunning. Our room was huge and comfortable with a private balcony overlooking the beach. The included buffet breakfast was excellent. The most impressive thing about this resort is the service: the hotel not only arranged dinner reservations and transport to the restaurant for us but went above and very far beyond our expectations in several ways: booking a charter-boat excursion to Curieuse Island at the last moment and finding a way to construct a box to transport a very oddly shaped swordfish-bill sword that we had purchased as a souvenir at the Vallee de Mai (it was a moment of weakness). Though we checked out in the morning, they held our luggage in a day room with a full bathroom until the afternoon so that we could shower after our excursion. Wifi is not available for free in the room (the rooms are collections of cottage-type buildings) but is fast and free in the lobby. We would definitely stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover warm hospitality and Luxury at Le Domaine de La Reserve, a hotel on the north east of Praslin in a National Marine park. Our intimate beachfront hotel is a rare gem surrounded by unobstructed and breathtaking views of the Indian Ocean.Located on a private estate with its very own private beach in the secluded bay of Anse Petite Cour, Le Domaine de la Reserve is reputed to be a leading hotel of the Seychelles. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda and Despegar.com so you can book your Domaine de La Reserve reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Reserve Praslin Island
- Hotel La Reserve
- La Reserve Seychelles
- Domaine De La Reserve Seychelles/Praslin Island