“a good choice for staying at Limnionas” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Studios Ioanna

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Limnionas
Studios Ioanna
You added Studios Ioanna to your Saves list
| Marathokambos, Limnionas 83102, Greece   |
Bristol
“a good choice for staying at Limnionas”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

Ioanna’s Studios proved to be a good choice for staying at Limnionas. The studios are set in an L- shape with a well-planted garden in the centre and you have a view of the bay from your individual terrace. The studios are well-maintained and well-equipped, including a kettle and hairdryer. Ioanna was a friendly and welcoming host, happy to chat and a good source of information on what to do and see.

It’s only a few minutes walk to the pebble beach, which is unspoilt, with a pretty headland and a few simple tavernas. Our favourite taverna in the area was 2.5 km outside of Limnionas, Taverna at the End of the World, which served excellent stuffed courgette flowers and grilled calamari. Other favourite places to eat were at Ballos: Akrogiali and Stella.
You can snorkel at Limnionas, but the best snorkelling was around the western headland, at the base of the cliffs on either side of the beach by the Katina studios.

If you’re going to stay more then a few days at Liminionas, then you probably do need a car, not least to get to the supermarkets at Kambos.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Alton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2011

These are terrifically good value aprtments in an excellent location overlooking the sea. there isn't a pool but that doesn't matter because the beach is only a brisk 5 minutes walk away. The proprietor, Ioanna, looks after the apartments really well and was a charming and helpful host. She gave us a warm welcome, arranged our car hire for us and pointed us to the best tavernas. We would definitely go again and can't recommend these highly enough.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
cambridge
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2011

Just wanted to squash this nonsense that Ioanna is not welcoming. She is a fantastic host and we love going there .We would certainly not stand for anything other than first class service. Nothing is too much trouble and she is always friendly and helpful. I guess she would not be too welcoming to those who did not respect her property and she obviously loves her garden and studios. Book early, she is always full!!

Kendal, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2011

Nice well maintained studios with beautiful flowerful garden and stunning views in all directions. Easy booking and warm and a most helpful welcome in good english.
Close to the pebble beach. Several tavernas in easy walking distance. Can walk to Psilli Ammos and beyond if you need to stretch your legs.

Iowa City, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2011

Our stay at Studios Ioanna was wonderful! Our room was large, quiet and clean. Grounds were impeccable with beautiful flowers and views. The studios are a short walk to beaches and restaurants. Ioanna, herself, was very friendly and helpful. She was generous with her time, answering our questions, giving us suggestions and providing travel support. Rates were quite reasonable, particularly given the beautiful room and setting. This is a great place to stay on Samos!!

Rome, Italy
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2011

Although I share DanielN82 point of view on Ioanna's personal attitude with Customers, thus I admit she's not at all behaving friendly to her guests, I must say that I look at more practical things like quetness, tranquillity, cleaness and Ioanna's Studios has everything I look @ when I search for a place where to stay.
She keeps the place in perfect order, the rooms are exceptionally neat & clean, reasonably equipped with kitchen hanesses, the room has both A/C & ceiling fan. Mosquito-net (do not forget you are @ the countryside) is present @ every window. I believe is a very good value- for-money & at the end of the day if she's a bit rude.... keep her at bay, how do they say .... barking dogs .... do not bite.
F.

Oxford, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2010

While the price and quality of apartments was excellent, Ioanna's behaviour and attitude (the owner of the apartments) proved to be very rude, disrespectful and inacceptable.

During the first week of our stay, everything was excellent and we got along very well with Ioanna. Then, however, our little son dropped an ashtray and I happened to brake a small bowl. As this was entirely our fault, I told Ioanna what had happened the next time I saw her. Suddenly, she was entirely furious as if she would suffer a nervous brake down, and yelled at me, saying that her stupid customers always behave like this and that they brake everything. She yelled at me, telling me that I will need to pay her for the bowl.

She apologised a day later and everything was good again, until she accused us of taking her white towels to the beach and that we would prepare fish in our kitchen. She told us that we are not supposed to cook fish in our apartment as 'all stupid customers do this all the time' and that she will need to re-paint the walls every time this happens 'because of the stink'. If we want to eat fish, we would have to go to the restaurant.

So be aware, if you want to cook in the apartment, Ioanna might get furious and insulting.

On the final day, Ioanna insulted me again, telling me that 'I was too stupid to believe that she will not know that I broke more things'. She then took me into the apartment and scrutinised every plate, the bed linen, counted all the forks or spoons, while continuously shouting at me that I will need to pay her for everything I have stolen. As we left the apartment in an impeccable state, we did not have to pay anything, but it was very sad to see how hateful and disrespectful Ioanna had become.

As she told us (when we were still on good terms), she hates her job and her stupid customers and will try to sell her apartments as soon as possible.

If you can life with not cooking fish and a maniac who might control every step you are taking, then go ahead and do the booking, you won't regret it in terms of the quality of the apartment. I imagine that Ioanna is not so disrespectful to every customer, otherwise there wouldn't be so many good recommendations for her.

Personally, I would not recommend this apartment to anyone else, however good and cozy the apartment was.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family

Been to Studios Ioanna? Share your experiences!