We returned yesterday from our 9th (yes really!) visit to this hotel and as ever are feeling relaxed and happy (if a little sad to be back to reality) after a truly fabulous holiday.
Why go back so many times? It’s the people particularly, plus, what the hotel offers.
From the efficiency and receptiveness of Nelly, the Customer Relations Manager at the initial booking and throughout our stay, the genuine welcome at reception from Yolanda on checking in, the friendliness and helpfulness of Kostas and Spiros, part of the porter team, the housekeeping staff under the management of Teresa, Spiros, the ever enthusiastic and hard working “beach and towel man”, the inventive cooking of Chef Spiros, and extra specially, the sheer customer service professionalism and attention to detail of Maitre d, Kostas, and Sous Maitre, Lambros, and their team, especially Dionsis, Georgios, Xenia, Alexis, Christina, Harris etc . The restaurant management team, Kostas and Lambros really are superb at what they do and are great ambassadors for the hotel.
We believe the key to this hotel’s high service standards is the fact that the Management team are always leading from “the front” and role modelling the caring standards that they personally expect and achieve. And it is a very personal, individual style that is friendly, genuine and warm from the G.M. Alex Margonis, down to the team.
Of course it is not just about “people” but also about the hotel itself, the beautiful location, the decor and ambience of the hotel (love the new lobby furniture!), the fabulous breakfasts, the varied dinners in the Main Restaurant and the superb chateaubriand and style and setting of the a la carte restaurant. Kontokali Bay Hotel manages to be warm and welcoming, plus efficient and effective.
A winning, unique combination that draws us back......
Mary and Izzy
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- KONTOKALI BAY RESORT & SPA is a Hotel-Bungalow complex on the central eastern shoreline of the emerald Isle of Corfu, situated only 6 kms. from the island’s capital, Corfu Town. Built on a densely wooded peninsula and on a natural incline, the main building of the Kontokali Bay overlooks both the sparkling blue waters of the Ionian Sea that separates Corfu from the taupe, coastal mountains of the Greek mainland and the Gouvia Marina. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Despegar.com, HostelBookers, Orbitz, HostelWorld, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Kontokali Bay Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kontokali Bay Hotel Kontokali
- Kontokali Bay Hotel Corfu
- Kontokali Bay Resort And Spa Corfu