Arrived lunchtime at the hotel and our room wasn't ready, we were told to take a seat by staff for 5 minutes. After 30 minutes my husband approached reception to check on the delay, apparently she had forgot about us!!! The room was 106 and it was quite nice but not 5*. The next day we asked to move rooms as there was noise above the room as it was directly under reception and looked out on to the start of a service road. It felt almost subterranean. The hotel was full but they managed to move us to a garden room. The good holiday experience started there and then :-))
The hotel is definatey 5* in the main areas but 4* rooms.
The staff are lovely and friendly. We went B&B, the food was good but the breakfast area was always pretty congested and we ate 8.30-9am most days.
All areas spotlessly clean with loads of sun beds and towels.
Maid service was excellent with linen and towels changed daily. That did feel a bit excessive but nice non the less. There's nothing like slipping into a freshly made bed each night. Tea and coffee is in the rooms but was hardly ever filled up. We asked at reception most days for coffee and sugar.
We used the courtesy bus into Corfu town 3 times, we always booked a couple of days in advance to avoid disappointment. I must say the driver was quite miserable and each drive was at full throttle and hold on to your seat.
The mosquito's are rife on the island so take plugins and plenty of repellant. I had 30 bites in two weeks :-((
We had a lovely relaxing time and would definately consider returning in the future.
We would also recommend this hotel to anybody looking for a quiet relaxing break.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- KONTOKALI BAY RESORT & SPA is a Hotel-Bungalow complex on the central eastern shoreline of the emerald Isle of Corfu, situated only 6 kms. from the island’s capital, Corfu Town. Built on a densely wooded peninsula and on a natural incline, the main building of the Kontokali Bay overlooks both the sparkling blue waters of the Ionian Sea that separates Corfu from the taupe, coastal mountains of the Greek mainland and the Gouvia Marina. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Despegar.com, HostelWorld, HostelBookers, Hotels.com and Expedia so you can book your Kontokali Bay Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kontokali Bay Hotel Kontokali
- Kontokali Bay Hotel Corfu
- Kontokali Bay Resort And Spa Corfu