The Kontokali Bay is a very comfortable and well presented hotel. We had a garden room which had sliding doors dividing the sleeping and living areas. Great for me as I am an early riser and I could sit in the living area without disturbing my husband. We were very impressed with all areas of the hotel which was of a very high standard. There was a very good choice of breakfast, really something for everyone and very tasty. Only slight downside was the position of the room we had (108) was right next to the cleaner's access door (which squeaked). We could hear the cleaners starting their shift and we were really surprised how noisy they were. The hotel is about 5 minutes walk to the nearest shop and a small restaurant. 15 minutes walk will take you into Kontokali and you will find bars and restaurants. We especially liked the Telleslla Hotel which served the most wonderful orange cake. A bit further along the road is Gouvia which has a bigger choice of restaurants and bars. We went to the o2 bar as we liked the classic rock they played. We found food and drink prices very reasonable. A main course was on average 6-7 euros. A half ltr of wine with dinner was about 5-6 euro, a beer on average 3.5 euro, cocktails around 6 euro. The hotel prices were more in favour of a 5* hotel. Bottle of wine (house) 17 euro, gin and tonic 7 euro. All in all we really did enjoy the Kontakali Bay Resort but next time (now we know) we would avoid the rooms round about room 108 as I didn't really enjoy being woken up really early by the extremely noisy cleaners.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- KONTOKALI BAY RESORT & SPA is a Hotel-Bungalow complex on the central eastern shoreline of the emerald Isle of Corfu, situated only 6 kms. from the island’s capital, Corfu Town. Built on a densely wooded peninsula and on a natural incline, the main building of the Kontokali Bay overlooks both the sparkling blue waters of the Ionian Sea that separates Corfu from the taupe, coastal mountains of the Greek mainland and the Gouvia Marina. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Tingo, Otel, HotelsClick, getaroom.com, HostelWorld, HostelBookers, Odigeo and Venere so you can book your Kontokali Bay Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kontokali Bay Hotel Kontokali
- Kontokali Bay Hotel Corfu
- Kontokali Bay Resort And Spa Corfu