Although there is no doubt that this Hotel does require some refurbishment to the bedrooms - (it was formerly a 5 star Hilton in the 1960's) - nevertheless it still offers great value for money and still retains the original stunning and remarkable location that the original Hilton offered when it was first opened. The rooms were roomy and the bathrooms were still fine with everything in good working order and plenty of hot water available whenever required.
Food wise, it was also good - the breakfasts were excellent and offered a really wide choice plus a feature cook each morning who produced freshly cooked eggs, pancakes etc. Dinner in the evenings was also quite sufficient - no problems at all in my opinion - the staff, on the whole, were cheerful and efficient, all of them were helpful. Plates etc were cleared pretty quickly throughout our stay. The Hotel reception area and lounges have been kept to a higher standard than the bedrooms - the room maids really were fast and extremely good at their job.
So, all in all, in my opinion, this is a very well run Hotel in an absolutely wonderful location. Sea view rooms are a MUST at the Hotel (not much more expensive) and they offer that superb view over Mouse Island - floors 5, 6 and 7 being the best. The Funicular lift that takes you effortlessly down to the beach area is great and once down there you can hire 2 sunbeds and an umbrella for 7 euros per day - the Hotel provides you with towels for the pool area and the beach area.
A beach bar serves drinks and snacks from around 10am until 6pm every day.
Watching the planes come in to land is fascinating and the runway proximity does not present any noise problem - there are 3 bars serving food overlooking the runway and right on the sea edge. There is a sushi bar and a Cocktail bar (formerly Starbucks Coffee House) Ma Cocette, that both overlook the sea and approaching aircraft, sited within the Hotel grounds.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- One of the first luxury hotels in Corfu, this hotel is the only one in the island with a direct view to the famous ‘Mouse Island’’ the trademark of Corfu Island. Set in magnificent landscaped gardens /45000 sq. m./ with an abundance of pine- eucalyptus and cypress trees, well maintains its prominent position amongst Corfu’s top hotels. The hotel is very close to Corfu town and also nearby the major archaeological sites offering the perfect base for those seeking to explore the island. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Expedia, HotelTravel.com, Tingo, Otel, BookingOdigeoWL, getaroom.com and Agoda so you can book your Corfu Holiday Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aquis Corfu Holiday Palace Hotel Kanoni
- Aquis Corfu Holiday Palace Kanoni
- Corfu Holiday Palace Kanoni