“FAULTY TOWERS” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 7 Hotels in Alykanas
Sunderland, England, United Kingdom
“FAULTY TOWERS”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

My partner and I have just came back from a holiday in Zante where we stayed at The Letsos Hotel, what a total disappointment, we arrived at the hotel at 7.00am so we were quite tired, we requested a pool view room back in May when we were over there, and was told that would not be a problem, however the miserable ignorant and bad tempered owner had different ideas, he said it would cost us 160 euro for our request to be granted, so I told him as politely as possible that he had a cat in hells chance of getting more money out of us, but it did the trick and we got the pool view room at no extra charge , I need to tell people that the owner doesn't understand or speak english, but he does a bloody good job of it when your exchanging your sterling for euros in his hotel, the room we had was very basic, but we had the pool view we wanted, on our 4th night there we had horrendous thunder storms at around 2.00 am , so obviously most of the holidaymakers was awake as it was such intense thunder and lightning, as I put the bedside lamp on I noticed our entire floor was flooded, the rain came in from under the door at an alarming rate, then to top it all the ceiling started leaking and started look like it was going to collapse, I waited for the rain to calm down abit before going down to reception to report the problem as well as the danger, luckily Mel the receptionist was there so didn't have the trouble of playing charades with the owner to explain the problem, Mel told him our problem and he went off his rocker shouting at her telling her that he would sort it out later, I wasn't prepared to wait till later, but he won on that one and we waited around 4 hours in the reception with our cases re packed, we finally got in our room and I must say it was a lovely room compared to the one we had just been flooded out of, so I thought now we can relax and enjoy the rest of our holiday, for the two weeks we were there we never once had any hot water to shower in, I did complain, but again the owner didn't understand me, so I gave up trying to explain, and when we did have a shower the floor would be flooded because of the poor drainage, we didn't have a kettle at first so I went to request one from reception, I was told they would look for one for me, I did get one that day , but was told you only get a kettle in your room if you are flying with certain airlines, so I dread to think how many other self catering holidaymakers done without one, its a joke of a place, but it didn't spoil our holiday, oh I nearly forgot, there are notices pinned up all over the hotel telling everyone not to use the electric at peak times because it put strain on Alikanas infrastructure, whatever that means, our room was cleaned twice in the 2 weeks we were there, and we were allowed clean towels 3 times during our stay, if your room number is not on the maids list you get nothing done, apart from your bins being emptied...I can't comment on the meals they serve as I never ate there, the 10 euro I was charged for 2 cans of cider was enough , but believe it or not the hotel from hell didn't spoil my holiday.

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
uk
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

Just had a week here , nice position close to the beach and bars . rooms ok you get what you pay for ! If you are looking for a cheap get away then this is the one for you but if you like a better standard then book one of the other hotels on the beach !

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Combe Martin, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

The reception area , swimming pool sunbeds & balcony/terrace all 1st class, unfortunately the rooms are not upto the standard we have come to expect over the last 20yrs visiting Zante, our room problem were:- (1)water coming up the floor drain when you used the sink/shower, (2) the shower water was always cold what ever time used, (3)the fridge door wouldn't stay closed,(4)the pool bar across from our balcony became an ,18/30 night club ever night between 8.30 & 1.30am, very,very noisey!!!! the hotel staff weren't intested in sorting any problems out, apart from that we had a fantastic 3wk holiday in Zante. We will not be going back to the Letsos Hotel .

Room Tip: "High floor,sea view & check out Tripadvisor.co before you book"
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Cambridge, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

After reading other reports we were rather apprehensive but on arrival were given a lovely big room at the end of a corridoor with large balcony/terrace area overlooking the olive grove. The small bathroom problem was dealt with immediately. Towels and sheets changed several times during the two weeks. The owner was absolutely fine when greeted with a smile and responded accordingly. Only slight downside was that at the pool area the sunbeds were very close together with no room to manoeuvre. The sports on TV were relayed rather loudly too, all we did was decamp to the beautiful beach a few minutes away. A really lovely stay in good accommodation and a superb resort. Other peoples aircon a bit of a pain but this happens everywhere.

Room Tip: Rooms that get a little morning sun and no evening sun are essential this time of year. Room 212 wa...
Leeds, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

The reception area is nice (if a little smelly after meals) & the pool & bar area are lovely. It's cheap & cheerful & basic. The 'kitchenette' is a cupboard, sink, fridge & 2 small rings. We only used the fridge.
The room was spacious & clean. We paid the extra 50 Euros for the air con that didn't work half the time & as our room was on the ground floor & shaded we didn't even need it so I'd advise checking your room first & try a night without it first.
The extractor fan in the bathroom didn't work & there was no shower curtain so the whole bathroom got soaked after every shower & didn't dry for ages & left us with pools of water on the floor.
The food in the bar is lovely, we ate breakfast there nearly every day, the staff are pleasant & friendly.
The location is ideal, a 5 min walk from the beach & right next to the main street.

Saddleworth, null, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

Whether you love or hate Letsos depends upon what your expectations are. If you want five star luxury or want to be self catering family meals or if you're obsessed with cleanliness then perhaps this isn't the place for you. If however you just want somewhere to get your head down and have a shower for the duration, then it's fine.

My only negative comment is pool/bar and reception toilets. No toilet seats, hole in the floor in both and the lock doesn't work in the ladies loo in the pool/bar toilets, plus, as in Greece you are encouraged to put your used toilet paper in the bin, they don't empty the bins often enough. Basic stuff Letsos!

Room Tip: Main hotel or block past pool are best. New block on main road don't have showers with wall brac...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Swansea, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

I was a little concerned prior to visiting this accommodation,because I too had read some reviews which were less than complimentary, but our studios gave no cause for concern.I had previously emailed Mel,the lovely receptionist requesting a ground floor (or one with only a few steps to negotiate) as my elderly mother was in our party of six and I have to say the hotel was very obliging.Our studio was on the ground floor facing the lovely pool area, studio no.12.The studios in this block do not have aircon but we didn't need it second week of September.In fact there was a cooling breeze when studio and terrace doors both open.Ok,it was basic with just enough utensils to prepare snacks...this was fine as we mainly ate out. The studio was cleaned ,linen changed etc.It could get a little noisy with loud music from the pool bar, but this didn't go on too late.The staff were friendly and helpful.We didn't spend much time around the pool as we prefer the beach which is two minutes away.We all had a fabulous time,weather was superb.Selection of trips available directly across the road from the hotel.Wouldn't hesitate to stay here again as it is acceptable accommodation at a reasonable price.

Room Tip: Email hotel directly if you have definate preferences regarding your accommodation.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Been to Hotel Letsos? Share your experiences!