“Just what you need in a holiday.” 5 of 5 stars

Plessas Palace Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Alykanas Main Road, Alykanas 29090, Greece   |
Ranked #3 of 7 hotels in Alykanas
Durham uk
“Just what you need in a holiday.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

My wife and I stayed here for 2 weeks from the 2nd sept. Its exactly what we needed, relaxing and comfortable. The rooms are spacious and have all you need for self catering breaks. We were on the top floor but it was no problem as their was a lift. The pool was where we spent most of the hol and with plenty of sunbeds to go around relaxation was the order of the day. The new bar and snacks with plenty of choice with prices very reasonable it was all you could ask for. We enjoyed it so much, all being well we intend to return in september 2014. Give it a try, you won't be disappointed.

Room Tip: As far as I could see, rooms are very muh alike, so no concerns.

227 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
  • Greek first
Frome, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

we arrived at plessas palace to a very warm welcome!! it was quite late tuesday evening and starving after our flight, nikos and his family FILLED our table with food from the bbq (which had allready finished) we thought it was very kind of them to go to that all that trouble to keep us happy. over the week nikos helped us on numerous occasions, with our flights, food, making phonecalls for us, he is very friendly and works extremely hard down in his beautiful bar, where they serve lovely food and a great variety of drinks!!! we stayed on the top floor in the room with the broken door handle (no problem just a bit loose) we told nikos about the handle, and he had it fixed right away.
our room was perfect, the views are just stunning!!! the bed is extremely comfortable and we fell asleep as soon as our heads hit the pillow! and did not get woken by the dogs and cockerall?? and the room was fully equipped with everything we needed, pots and pans for cooking and a little kitchen stove which we cooked breakfast on every morning. The new bathroom is beautiful, very clean and modern, a fantastic week! beautiful hotel! stunning surroundings! lovely family! highly reccomended for a romantic get away!! we cant wait to go back in may and september next year!!

Zakynthos, Greece
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

Just got back from staying at the plessas palace with my partner had a wonderful time,room was very spacious and excellent bed with memory foam mattress.Nothing is too much trouble from the wonderful family that run the complex especially nikos top class barman.

wednesbury
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

absolutely brilliant , just stayed there for 2 weeks , Niko is an absolute star, rooms are clean and the bed we had was brilliant king size with a miracle foam mattress (in every room ) would recommend this place to anybody and you must pay a visit to busters bar over the road Ollie and Anna are brilliant just be aware of the free shots they are lethal

Swindon, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

I have just recently returned from a two week stay at the Plessas Palace. I really haven't got a bad word to say. I was in a ground floor apartment situated just past the swimming pool. I was staying on my own in a nice sized room with high ceiling. I had a king size bed with memory foam mattress. The best thing for me was a proper modern shower cubicle, which is something you don't usually get in Greece, in fact you are lucky if you get a shower curtain (not that that has ever bothered me). There was however, a couple of minor points and I do say minor which didn't cause too much of a problem. I do like to wash some of my clothes while I'm away but found that there was no plastic washing up bowl and neither was there a sink plug. I did ask for a bowl and was told I could probably buy one from the supermarket. I then asked if I could have a plug for the sink and was told that they would get one for me but it never materialised. In the end I just washed a few things in my bathroom sink. I did have chickens and a cockerel literally outside my door cocker doodle doing most of the night and there were dogs barking as well but you do have to remember that the hotel is situated towards the back of the resort where there are small holdings so you do have to expect a certain amount of farm noises. The pool is very well maintained but a little on the small side. The new bar is where their supermarket used to be and is modern and very well stocked and they also serve food there. I have to be honest and say that I only used the hotel for somewhere to lay my head because as soon as I was ready in the morning I would be down to the main beach and in the evening I would be in town. Both Joanna and her son Nikos were very friendly and courteous

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

My mother and I was put on the top floor over looking the bar at the front of the building. Noise from the bar was too much, Bar and music still going at 5am Some of the nights the bar might close around 3am and then the roosters would start and the dogs yapping, Attention to detail was pretty poor, eg, we were not shown to our room, the light in the communal hallway was out, the handle on the door was broken, the key also acitvated the lights in our room, so we had to open the fridge to get light in order to find the slot for the key to put the lights on. The shower was basically a hand held hose attached to the wall, no room in the the shower cubicle, so the floor became drenched everytime. Food at the bar was pretty poor too, either swimming in grease or really poor attempt at the menu's description. Charged for everything, not even a complimentary biscuit to go with your coffee. (lol). 50 euros for air condtoning and 15 euros for deposit box. On a positive note the room was clean and clean towels were provided twice a week, the pool was lovely. Wish I'd booked into the Hotel Valais....this would have been my third visit to Alykanas and it seems to have lost it's charm, quite sad really......

Room Tip: Don't let them put you to the front of the building...Noise from the road, bar, their dogs and a...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here in aug/sept 2013 with our little boy,( nearly 3) had a great holiday with no problems at all. Very friendly and clean place to stay close to restaurants and bars , would defiantly return and highly recommend to others .Nikos the owner speaks Perfect English very friendly and helpful ,it was a great holiday .

• Stayed August 2013

Been to Plessas Palace Hotel? Share your experiences!