We booked this hotel very last minute and having come from the most amazing week in Santorini we were quite disappointed. The first room we were in was REALLY damp and after moving rooms and being shown around quite a few of them in the hotel first, it appears that this is a problem they have throughout the hotel. I definitely recommend trying to book a room high up with a balcony rather than with a private pool because these were all smelt horrible.
The staff were very helpful and friendly - we really couldn't fault them - but unfortunately parts of the hotel are looking pretty tired now. In both rooms we had a problem with the bath and an old swimsuit that someone previously had left behind and the cleaners hadn't removed.
The real downfall though was wifi. It just doesn't work unless you are sitting in the reception. For a 5 star hotel charging this amount I just didn't think this was good enough. They tried to claim that it was a one off not working but after 6 days and the same situation it clearly wasn't true.
Overall we had a lovely time but I definitely wouldn't rush back here for the price.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Grecotel Mykonos Blu, the best luxury 5 star hotel in Mykonos over Psarou beach, welcomes you totally fresh and redesigned in perfect white & ambient blue tones with new Suites. This luxury hotel is built in traditional Aegean style and decorated by internationally acclaimed interior designers. It is incredible; Like Mykonos! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Priceline, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Booking.com and Tingo so you can book your Grecotel Mykonos Blu Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Grecotel Mykonos Blu
- Grecotel Mykonos Blu Platys Gialos
- Grecotel Mykonos Blu Hotel Psarou