This modest family run hotel is a gem of a find. It's hillside location gives it gorgeous views, it has neatly furnished exceptionally clean rooms and a few nice touches, like all white bed linen and duvets on the beds (I was there in April, so the temperature was cool at night). To be clear, Giorgos has bought new mattresses for this season and they're very comfy, so if you dig back through the reviews please note that comments to the contrary are out of date!
The standard rooms are an adequate size (though not spacious), have a wardrobe with mini fridge, a dressing table with mirror and the ensuite bathroom has a shower but no tub. Chances are your balcony will have a drop dead view over the pool and bay, which will be the thing you remember.
The buffet breakfast is plentiful and of excellent quality, and is served in the covered pool bar area. You can also buy lunch and dinner here, so you never need to leave the property if you don't want to - or can't! I arrived with an injury which meant I had difficulty walking for a few days and I was quite happy to sit and read by the pool or on my balcony. Once I was mobile again I discovered the 5 star hotel next door has two restaurants (table d'hote and a la carte) open to non-guests and this is a good and handy place for a little variety and a change of pace for dinner. I can't think of any reason why you wouldn't want the excellent value food at the Reneiris for lunch, though.
For the price it's almost perfect; if I could change one thing it would be to install larger shower trays, but given Giorgos's positive attitude that's probably already on his To Do list :^)
I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a break at an affordable price but it's perhaps best suited to couples and older guests as there's no children's play area other than the lawn (though there is a children's pool) and there's no entertainment program, which quiet types like me regard as a positive blessing!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Renieris Hotel in Kato Stalos sits upon a hill with a spectacular view of Kato Stalos beachfront, the Theodorou island and the blue Aegean Sea and only 200 meters away from the sandy beach. Enjoy beautiful sunsets while bathing in our custom pool with a separate children's pool. Our amphitheater-style design captures sea views in almost all of our rooms. Our hotel is family owned and operated. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, HotelTravel.com, Priceline, Otel and Odigeo so you can book your Renieris Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Renieris Hotel Kato Stalos
- Renieris Hotel Stalos, Crete - Chania