The Hotel Ranieris exceeds all expectations when you read the reviews and see the photos.
Yes it is up nearly 90 steps from the beach, but what a hotel.
the Ranieris is owned by Stella and Georgios Ranieris both of whom have excellent other language skills. They are friendly, welcoming to all their guests and for whom they cannot do
the Ranieris is on a hill overlooking the beach of Kato Stalos, with Chania to the West and the beach and mountains in front of and behind it. Glorious views.
The rooms are well furnished and very comfortable and so so clean. The whole hotel is clean and comfortable with a lobby with a small library and internet. The breakfast room has views over the sea, the village of Kato Stalos and the mountains. ~The breakfast is great.
The gardens here are lovely and full of flowers and shrubs with perfume. The pool is spotless and there is a small outdoor bar with food and again, those glorious views.
Room service is on offer here and the food is excellent and very good value for money too. I
recommend the Greek Salad and the Dokas with oven baked potatoes. Scrumptious.
The beach all along the village is directly across the road from the hotel and is reached via lots and lots of steps, the only drawback to the hotel. However, Georgious or Stella will drive you down if the steps are impossible.
the village of Kato Stalos is 5km. from lovely Chania and bus run along every 30 minutes like clockwork and are very cheap. The village itself boasts a great Taverna called Maria's which serves authentic Greek food and is very good value. There is also the patisserie and a pharmacy if one is needed.
The beach is lovely and clean as is the water here and in high season sunbeds and umbrellas are available for hire.
This hotel is definitely a good place to stay and the repeat visits year on year of clients is the proof of this.
We have booked our stay for 2014 already and looking forward to it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Renieris Hotel in Kato Stalos sits upon a hill with a spectacular view of Kato Stalos beachfront, the Theodorou island and the blue Aegean Sea and only 200 meters away from the sandy beach. Enjoy beautiful sunsets while bathing in our custom pool with a separate children's pool. Our amphitheater-style design captures sea views in almost all of our rooms. Our hotel is family owned and operated. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Odigeo, Priceline and HotelTravel.com so you can book your Renieris Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Renieris Hotel Kato Stalos
- Renieris Hotel Stalos, Crete - Chania