The warm friendly staff of Hotel Renieris made us feel very welcome for our whole week's stay. Nothing was too much trouble for Giorgiso or Stella.
The hotel is extremely clean, not a speck of dirt to be found and the view (from all rooms) is beautiful.
The breakfasts were yummy. A good mix of Greek (including local Cretan) food and more traditional breakfasty toast, cereal, eggs, etc.
The hotel amenities are basic, but really that was all we needed for the week. We swam in the pool a few times despite the freezing temperature of the water. It was only later in the week that we realised the sea (only 3-4 mins walk) was much warmer!
Aside from the incredible food (we loved the proper Cretan restaurants that serve local goat, seafood, etc), the lasting experience we had of Crete were the warm friendly people. The genuine smiles of the people we met. Proper full face smiles instead of the mouth-only gestures that you would get from a stranger elsewhere.
We cannot thank Giorgios and Stella enough for a great week. We felt like we made friends whilst we were there and we highly recommend Hotel Renieris if you are staying in the Chania area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Renieris Hotel in Kato Stalos sits upon a hill with a spectacular view of Kato Stalos beachfront, the Theodorou island and the blue Aegean Sea and only 200 meters away from the sandy beach. Enjoy beautiful sunsets while bathing in our custom pool with a separate children's pool. Our amphitheater-style design captures sea views in almost all of our rooms. Our hotel is family owned and operated. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA and Despegar.com so you can book your Renieris Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Renieris Hotel Kato Stalos
- Renieris Hotel Stalos, Crete - Chania