“Fantastic value for money” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Clube Humbria

You added Clube Humbria to your Saves list
Clube Humbria
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Estrada de Albufeira, Olhos de Agua, Albufeira 8200-609, Portugal   |
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Olhos de Agua
Stafford, United Kingdom
“Fantastic value for money”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2014

We travelled as a family of 4 for a week beginning 19th April . Room was very spacious and cleaned every day as well as towels being replaced daily . Food was good and plenty of choice although not much for my two fussy children . A lovely 10 mn walk to the beach in olhos d,agua where you will find a beautiful beach and a few bars and restaurants . Venture to albufeira for 10 euros in a taxi and it is well worth a visit there . Lovely cobbled streets and plentiful shops and restaurants. Only two down sides to the hotel were the poor entertainment for the kids . It didn't start til 930 pm and most of the time it was karaoke . Bingo was a let down with no decent prizes just a hat . Also some of the staff on the pool bar and restaurant weren't very welcoming . And on the last day there were groups of girls and lads drunk in the poo
. I appreciate the hotel wants maximum occupany through the year hence cheap prices, but in return this may attract the sort of tourists that you don't really want near families as these groups were swearing and we're quite affectionate shall we say with each other .

However all in all a fab hotel which I would recommend to others. Thank you for a lovely stay.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (256)
  • Polish first
Hull
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2014

I have just arrived back after a relaxing week at the Club Humbria when we booked the hotel it was advertised as Albufeira it is actually in Olhos de Agua having said that it is only 2 Euro on the bus to go through to Albufeira well worth is for the day prices are very reasonable. The hotel staff are very helpful and it has decent food you will not go hungry there was always something you can salvage usually one fish dish and one meat dish plenty of rice, pasta, chips or mash the entertainment was not great especially for children no kids disco and it did not start till 9.30pm and finished at 11.00pm we did not have children with us but there was quite a lot of children so I would have thought they should have catered for them a bit more but this could be due to the time of year. The resort its self is very small with a few bars and restaurants near the small beach area beer costs between 2.50 to 3 Euros in the resort but we found it a bit cheaper in Albufeira at 1.75 Euros however this is only a small resort so if you are after a bit of night life you are better off going to Albureira you can catch the bus but the bus stops early and it costs about 9 Euro back in taxi hope this helps

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Leicester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2014

Lots of mixed reviews on TripAdvisor, but best to go and make your own mind up.
The hotel was a short drive from the airport and roughly 10 mins to the sea at a slow pace. There was plenty to do in the local area and the beach was brilliant (if you wander and find an isolated spot)

4 adults and 3 children aged 4, 5 & 8. Ideal for families. The rooms were clean and spacious and cleaned daily, the rooms could benefit from a facelift/modernizing, but were fine.

The food was to a very high standard, and catered to different tastes, we were all impressed and overate due to the tempting options that were on offer. A packed lunch was available when we decided to go out for the day on two occasions.

All staff were very helpful, efficient and approachable.

The pool, grounds and complex were very nice, ground staff and cleaners were always busy maintaining the environment.

There was a good selection of alcohol and soft drinks, however everything shut down at 23.00. The entertainment in the day and the evening was OK, and staff tried to get the guests involved. Our view was that the evening shows started too late as we had young children (21.30) so we had to miss sone as the children fell asleep. - The guy leading the entertainment is an asset to the hotel.

There was no WiFi access, we didn't mind as it was good that we could ditch Facebook and whatsapp for a week!

Portugal is a fantastic country with amazing people and lots to see and do.

Clubs Humbria recommended, probably more suited for families or couples that don't mind children.

We would definitely return.

Room Tip: We stayed in B26 and B28. Great access to the hotel with a view of the pool
Belfast, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2014

Stayed here over Easter all inclusive hotel was very clean not bad location.pool was not heated which I think should be that time of year was far too cold not many adults got it the whole week.the food was ok usualy 1 fish and 1 meat dish plus daily pasta and another part I think was for kids tho the food there was tasty most nights.the bar was not great fora couple think it's more suited for families .but was worth every penny if there was a better bar and entertainment I would be glad to pay more .

• Stayed April 2014
Wednesbury, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2014

Travelled here in june 2013 with my boyfriend and my god was it hot we cudnt sit in it very long at all. The pool at the hotel was a good size with a seperate section for smaller kids, the main pool was full and i mean full of kids. As we were travelling without my three children we wanted a break from children so we spent most of our days down the beach which was beautiful although we didnt go in the sea as it looked very rough.

The town ohlos de agua is small and quiet with a handful of bars/resturants and a few shops but its an absolutly beautiful place and as it was mine and my boyfriends first holiday together it is always gonna be a special place to us. We dont like a busy crowded place so it was perfect for us. We did go on a trip to the harbour in vilamoura and again that was an amazing place and would be a better and busier place if you travel with children.

The hotel itself was about a ten minute walk down hill to the beach and bars was a bit tiring walking back up the hill but u can go another way which is more gentler. The food in the hotel we found was good there was always somethin to eat but there could of been more choice and with how hot it was it was very hot in there and very busy. I liked how you could pour your own drinks though! We did eat out a few times on the night at a resturant that was right outside the hotel and oh my days the food was amazing. The ques to the bar were ridiculous they really need to sort this out because it spoils it and there was no entertainment when we were there. Of a night we would have a walk down to the beach and have a few drinks but we had to get back for about ten has the bar shut at 11pm and with the ques you wouldnt of got any last drinks. We would then sit ouside by the pool area but it was very loud and very full of portuguesse people and kids running round as there was nothin else for them to do. But if this was sorted out it would be a 10/10 place. Oh and the rooms were fab

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Nottingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2014

Stayed in 2 adjacent rooms from 11th to the 18th of April with my wife and 5 kids aged from 3 to 13. This was our first beach holiday abroad with the children and we hadn't paid too much (around £1,500 all inclusive), so had relatively low expectations based on the mixed reviews, but were pleasantly surprised.

The rooms were spacious and very clean (cleaned every day), although I personally found the beds a little hard and uncomfortable.

The pools aren't heated, and were a little chilly despite the unseasonably warm temperatures (mid-20s), but the smaller childrens' pool kept the younger 3 entertained for many an hour.

There was also a small play area behind the hotel and a sandy football/volleyball pitch on which some friendly but competitive games were enjoyed by several of the guests.

The food was plentiful (this was our first experience of all-inclusive), with a choice of meat or fish at every lunch and dinner, together with a kids' choice, soup, salad bar, fresh fruit and desserts galore and occasionally extra selections such as a freshy carved turkey joint. I can be a fussy eater, but always found something to eat, although it would have been good if all of the food was labelled and not just the main courses.

The poolside snack bar was okay for drinks, but the burgers didn't taste that great and the chips could be cold depending on how busy they were. The hotel bar was also quite busy with queues of up to 10 people at times.

The staff were all very friendly and helpful and remembered us after only a few days there.

We went on a few of the trips from the hotel - Albufeira was okay and relatively cheap (1 euro 75 cents each way per person), though we couldn't recommend the Quarteira market trip - this was 12 euros each, but we were done after only 45 minutes and weren't being picked up for another 2 hours. So, despite being in the middle of nowhere, we asked directions and walked into Quarteira itself and spent 20 minutes on the (lovely) beach before having to walk back again.

Olhos de Agua itself is a lovely little resort with some fantastic beaches (only 10 minutes from the hotel).

Overall, I was delighted with the hotel and would definitely stay there again.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2014

My wife and I found a dream holiday. 4 days in the Algarve for less then £400 all inclusive. I say this so that you can understand the phrase you get what you pay for. That's £400 for everything. Flight, transfer, hotel, food, drink, transfer, flight. And all I can say is, we got one hell of a deal.

This was our first visit to The Algarve and to Clube Humbria. On first sight of the hotel from the transfer bus, we were wowed. The front of the hotel looked clean, fresh, new and welcoming. Ok, first impressions are important to me, lets see if it can continue.

Entering reception, we were not disappointed. A small shop to our right selling everything from British newspapers to, and a lot of, kids pool toys and sweets. Reception was to our left and there were two working behind reception. Smartly dressed, well spoken, polite and happy to see us. Take my advice, learn to greet in Portuguese, they respect anyone that does and answer in Portuguese but everyone we met spoke excellent English, better than some native British, I can tell you.

We had made good time with our trip and had arrived around 11:15am. We were notified that our room would not be ready until 12pm. I believe this is their check in time. Not their fault and nothing we could do about it. But we turned this into a positive. And so did they. We were told we could leave our luggage in a small room, where other luggage is kept. A little disconcerting since security came to mind but considering or luggage was locked, we had no worries. I did not leave my camera there and my wife took her handbag.

The time waiting for the room was great. It gave us time to explore not only the complex but also the small village Olhos D'Agua. Of course, if you are traveling with kids it might be a little awkward but I believe it is well worth exploring then when you are settled you will know where to go and how to get there.

Once we got our key, they showed us on a small map of the complex how to get to our room. And finding the block and the room was really easy. Each block has steps and a ramp, but to us, the ramp seems a little steep for wheelchairs.

Or room was very spacious. A one bedroom apartment, with a bath room and a kitchen diner lounge. One room, kitchen with a 4 seat dining table and two couches that can be turned into beds. And then the balcony. We got lucky! We had a double balcony with two sets of sliding doors. And what came with the room I hear you ask? TV, with four English channels, one or two German and the rest Portuguese, a microwave, crockery, cutlery, a couple of pots and pans, two large spare blankets, a clothe drying rack, built in Air Con for hot or cold, plus the usual stuff, glasses, towels, soap, hair dryer, a safe which you can use but I believe you have to pay for this service. There was ample storage for hanging and storing clothes, the bed was two singles pushed together but was very comfortable, we got good nights sleep!

My wife is a bit OCD when it comes to cleanliness and the apartment passed her standards. The only issue we had was the shower head did not spray well, it was a good spray, not a great spray and this would be down to the head needing cleaning. Everything else was excellent in standards. You can request to have your apartment cleaned more frequently by leaving the door flyer outside your door, or not if you so choose, but our apartment was cleaned regularly, I am not sure how many times but we arrived on a Tuesday and it was cleaned Wednesday when we were there. I believe it may have been cleaned Thursday too as our towels were changed on both days. Of course, it would have been cleaned on the Friday too after we had checked out so it may well be a daily routine. The complex is also well maintained. During our stay we also saw the two poolsides and grounds being maintained and cleaned.

When it came to dining, we were not disappointed. For each of the three meals, breakfast, lunch and dinner, you have to wait to be shown to your table. This is so they can check you off their list. This is to avoid freeloaders entering twice for more than their fair share of the food. The dining hall, and it is a community dining hall, was very spacious. The tables were nicely laid the staff were very happy, smart and polite.

My wife and I are pretty critical with food quality, taste, presentation and hygiene. The only issue we had were other diners helping themselves to food with their hands and not using the tongs provided. Nasty!!! However, the food was very well presented and delicious. We tried different things and there was variety each day. You can go for as much as you like, eat as much as you like and drink as much as you like. You cannot, however, take anything out of the hall. What is served in the hall is consumed in the hall. We were pretty conservative, go for some then go back for more. Some diners, however, went for a lot first time round. There is a great choice in beverages, with coffee, tea, latte and cappucinos from the coffee machine to water, juice, fizzy drinks, wine and beer. The only thing we did not like was the scrambled egg. Tasted pretty bland. But their fish dishes were delicious and the desserts rocked too. The staff were seriously efficient. Clearing plates when you had finished with them, tables when you had left.

There is also an entertainment hall with a bar from which you can get beverages, fizzy and alcoholic, during the day. At night there is entertainment, but we did not indulge in that, resorting to relaxing on our balcony, so I cannot comment on the standard of this.

Then there is the pool bar. Again, drinks and snacks available. We tried the burger and the ice cream. The burger was not great, luke warm and bland and the ice cream a small tub. A bit of a let down after the high standards of the other meals we had had.

We noticed that there were towels always draped on the poolside beds from around 7 in the morning. This is because if you want a poolside seat, reserve it with a towel. If you don't you wont get a seat if you want one as by 10 - 11am the seats are all taken. I was lucky to get a seat during the day from a kind lady as I wanted to try the pool. I thought it funny when strapping muscular men turned into little girls after jumping in!!! And then I found out why. The water was freezing! It took my breath away and I climbed in!! The Atlantic was warmer!! There are two pools, one paddling for younger kids, the bigger ranged from knee deep to seriously deep but seemed to be frequented by mainly kids. Adults seemed to want to sunbathe around the pool rather than use it.

To summarize, you can listen to other reviews about no kettle, too little British TV channels, poor food etc etc and think well, why did you not stay at home then? Or read mine, and others, with honest and detailed reviews and go there. We were seriously impressed with the hotel and it's staff, facilities, catering and amenities on our first visit there and know we will again when we return in the future. And I am sure you will be when you go. Don't go there expecting 10 star quality like some of the reviewers here, you wont get it. But the hotel is definitely a 4 star as long as you go there with a positive attitude, open mind and common sense expectations.

Room Tip: Or room was D41, twin bed with optional bedding from the couch, facing south, ground floor, not over...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Clube Humbria? Share your experiences!