“Good value break” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Clube Humbria

Save Saved
You added Clube Humbria to your Saves list
Clube Humbria
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Estrada de Albufeira, Olhos de Agua, Albufeira 8200-609, Portugal   |
Ranked #3 of 4 hotels in Olhos de Agua
Armagh
“Good value break”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

We had spent a week in this hotel on an 'all inclusive' basis. The room was actually a large apartment with a bedroom, living/kitchen area and bathroom. The apartment was clean and initially had everything we needed. However the beds were not changed and I asked on day 5 when we could expect to have this done. Housekeeper said she planned to do this next day but agreed to change the beds now. We also needed to ask for towels and the shampoos etc were not replaced until day 6.
All the staff were friendly and the reception staff helpful particularly in giving guidance and tips for shopping and tours.
Food was not 4* but we always had enough choice to find something. Breakfast was a good choice of hot and cold buffet. Lunch and dinner was a choice of fish, meat or vegetarian and there was also a wide variety of fresh salads and fruit.
The area was very quiet but we went to Vilamoura and Alberferia by bus and Alberferia is within walking distance - about an hour but you can stop along the way for drinks, coffee!
We had a very relaxing week and for the price it was good value.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
David D, General Manager at Clube Humbria, responded to this review, January 3, 2014
Dear Customer,

I appreciate your comments about our hotel, we were hoping to welcome you again soon.
Towards the cleaning issues raised we must improve in that area.

1,148 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (231)
  • Polish first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

This was my first ever all inclusive holiday and I was pleasantly surprised. My partner and I stayed in March 2013. Room was clean and cleaned and tidied daily. We slept well (beds pushed together which is a bit of a pain but never mind!)
The food was mostly fantastic - I don't eat meat but there was a really good range of fish, pasta and salad to choose from. The breakfast was not ideal for me as a non meat eater but the scrabbled/fried egg, mushrooms and tomato I ate daily was nicely cooked and there was always plenty of fruit and cake on offer. No complaints from my partner and he LOVES his food. Yes, drinks are served in plastic cups but hey, it's not a luxury hotel and I'm sure most people got a nice bargain when they booked their holiday here. The restaurant staff were pleasant and helpful when I checked if dishes contained meat. Never had to wait particularly long to be seated.
The pool area was clean and we had no problems getting a lounger. Not sure if this might be an issue during warmer months!
Entertainment (I tend to shy away from this type of thing) looked entertaining and the children in the area seemed to enjoy it.
The rooms are fairly standard - basic but clean.
The location was really nice too. Short walk into the village and a lovely walk along a beautiful beach to the next town. I didn't get the impression that the area is particularly rowdy or a place to party hard (exactly what I was hoping to avoid).
I'm glad I didn't listen to any of the negative reviews (or the bloke in the restaurant who loudly complained he'd "been to many four star hotels around the world and I've never had to put my bread in the toaster twice" - seriously, get a grip).

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Baumholder Germany
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2013

We (my husband, 2 daughters and I) just returned from a week long stay here. The hotel was beautiful, most of the staff was friendly and helpful and our rooms were very spacious. However, the cleaning staff left and food left a lot to be desired. The meals were mediocre at best and was not friendly to those who have dietary restrictions. We were very disappointed that there was not a special meal or anything else planned for Christmas Day. Also, the fact that everyone in your party had to eat at the same time caused some problems.

Some days the cleaning staff forgot to leave towels (after taking the old ones), tissue paper for the bathrooms and left trash on the floor.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Dear Customer,
All negative aspects raised will be taken in consideration for the future, all my staff members had seen your review in the way to improve!

birmingham
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2013 via mobile

Myself, my partner and our young daughter (2) visited this hotel on the 5th dec, we hired a car from the airport and the drive was pleasant and only took 35-40 minutes to the hotel, when we arrived we checked in and were told our room would be ready in 30 minutes, we were pleased with our room, very spacious, living room, separate bedroom and a kitchen and bathroom, also a nice size balcony. The room was clean, and the maid came daily to clean the room. The hotel staff I found very helpful and pleasant at all times.
The food was very limited to one meat dish and one fish dish, pasta and some kind of potatoes which changed each meal time, I always found something to eat and did enjoy most of the meals, although found it hard to find something to give to my daughter apart from pasta or bread, she did enjoy the cakes for pudding though.
The place itself was very quiet, I think it was probably the time of year and a lot of places were closed, I'm sure it would be more lively in the summer months. The weather was lovely in the day with highs of 18-19 degrees, managed to come back with a bit of colour. The sun did go in quite early and then became quite cool on the night (take a cardy for the evenings)
There was a few coach loads of Spanish that arrived on the weekend and the ques for the restaurant were mayhem. I can't comment on the entertainment as our little one gets tired early so we never seen any.
All in all a nice hotel with friendly staff and nice rooms would defitnatley return.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
David D, General Manager at Clube Humbria, responded to this review, December 26, 2013
Dear Customer,

On behalf of the hotel and its staff thank you for your comments, we are hoping to welcome you very soon!

Lisburn, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2013

We have recently spent a week in this hotel on an 'all inclusive' basis and in general the Humbria is a quite impressive place. The room we had was actually a large apartment which was clean and had a balcony facing the sun, a nice touch in December. All the staff were friendly and helpful the only gripe being that our room wasn't made up on a daily basis. Each day there was a choice of fish, meat or vegetarian at lunch and evening meal although there was only one variety of each on offer. There was also a wide variety of fresh and preserved fruit to accompany all meals. The real downer was an invasion of coach loads of noisy Spanish families on a long weekend visit. Not only did this slow up meal times but it made the bar area totallty uninhabitable at night unless you like serial riots. This however this would not stop us returning at a future date as the good points outweigh the down side caused by the 'invasion'.

Bristol
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2013

We had great flights very quite at both airports.from the first full day we had sunshine for six days no wind or rain.the hotel was fine plenty of food and drinks and we found all the staff very helpful. So reading some peaples views they must be hard to please.we met a great couple that we won't forget.all the trips we went to were great because of the beautiful weather we had everyday.you could say it was meant to be because before I left my brother was ill on the Thursday evening I had a phone call from my younger brother to say my older brother had a turn for the worse and passed away,what a terrible shock awful worse news on such a lovley sunny holiday.thats why I won't ever forget the algarve.

Hemel Hempstead, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2013

Great area for a break. Hotel was pleasent with good food but the pool was not used due to the coldness of it despite the good sunny weather. Needs to be heated. Albulfeira was enjoyed each day on the cheap bus trip. Will return.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

davidduarte@clubehumbria.com

Been to Clube Humbria? Share your experiences!