“Clean, friendly and comfortable” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Clube Maria Luisa

Save Saved
You added Clube Maria Luisa to your Saves list
Clube Maria Luisa
3.0 of 5 Condominium   |   Torre da Medronheira, Olhos de Agua, Albufeira 8200, Portugal   |
Dublin, Ireland
“Clean, friendly and comfortable”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2014

Myself and my best friend got a cheap deal and were initially worried about what the place would be like etc but we were actually very happy! For the most part the staff were lovely and our apartment was clean and comfortable. Ricardo on reception is absolutely fantastic! Always smiling and very helpful with everything, he was a great help to us! I never had such lovely service before and also Nadia was very nice to, her English not too strong but she was very friendly and always making an effort. Just beware of Sandra. She acts like she knows everything! She was in fact quite rude, sent us to the wrong place before insisting she was right and also asked me to review her which really shocked me! That was the only reason for loosing 1 star of the rating from me. I definitely would recommend this place to everyone, Just from a reception point of view Ricardo and Nadia are the best people to deal with, don't expect much help or manners from Sandra.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
  • Polish first
Swansea, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

I've stayed at the Clube Maria Luisa on 3 separate visits and will definitely go back. The accommodation is fantastic value for money, the staff are friendly and helpful and the location is perfect - so close to the sea. Highly recommended.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2014 via mobile

Got a great cheap deal via low cost holidays and were delighted with this place.

Great position next to the sea, amazing beaches and cliffs; really quiet but just five minutes walk to bars and restaurants of the village.

Self catering apartment with big balcony was useful with supermarket nearby and pool area was very nice. Staff very friendly and helpful, would recommend this place to anyone looking for a place to stay in Algarve.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Glenrothes, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

We stayed here from the 5th -19th Nov 13, we were very surprised as it was a late deal for the price w got it for. This was good fro us as we don't like busy places, this was very relaxing. Although a bit far from the main resorts once we found buses etc this wasn't a problem . Beach was just down some steps and it was a lovely beach, you could walk that way and then turn up just along a bit and you were on the road to Albufeira, I would say this took approx. 40mins but then we aren't young and fit. the accommodation met out needs will a well equipped kitchen which also had a washing machine, this means you don't need to go overboard with clothing. Unfortunately the pool was a bit on the chilly side for a dip but the weather was still quite warm around 25 degrees. Sandra the manager at the hotel was always willing to help and would show on the map good places to go, and suggest places to visit, maybe next time we will get round to visiting some of the further away places. Will definitely go back next year.

Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2013

I found Clube Maria Luisa and enjoyable location...I stayed for a few nights for my birthday...Sandra on main reception was amazing...and couldn't help me enough...I didnt bring my phone charger as I don't travel much and never considered getting an adapter plug...but Sandra was always on hand to charge my phone for me...She even written the directions of the places I wanted to visit...The beach? Praia beach is less than a couple of minutes away down some steps...and the sunrise was amazing...I wanted a place to stay that was clean and relaxing...and I found it...The pool area is nice...although it was a lil too cold to take a dip...overall...I know where to go back when I visit again...

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo

Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2013

Super apartment top floor, lovely sea view over large terrace. 2 small heaters available as it was cooler in evenings. Staff attentive, friendly, helpful and very informative about local facilities and were readily available. Attractive and well maintained pool area and good access to lovely beach just over the road and down some steps. Very relaxing and quiet, which was perfect. We had a car which made shopping easier and meant we could visit local villages and town as and when we wished. Local supermarket was walkable if you felt a bit athletic (we drove - the water was heavy) We had more than we needed for the four days we were in our apartment, but for a longer stay maybe others would prefer to have an oven? One early morning we could hear the couple next door, so the walls a bit thin. Overall would strongly recommend, excellent value for money, comfort and a gorgeous sea view. What more could you really want?

Room Tip: We had junior suite with large roof terrace with loungers and lovely sea and pool views, maybe not s...

3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

My wife and I spent 10 days here at the start of November.We had a lovely appartment with balconey overlooking the central pool area.If its peace and quiet you want, away from the noise and bustle of a busy resort then this is it.The hotel receptionist,Sandra,was very pleasant and helpful.

Room Tip: The best rooms are 37 and 40.They have large roof terrace which get the sun all day long.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Been to Clube Maria Luisa? Share your experiences!