The appealing accommodation is located to the rear of the pub and car park.
The rooms are modern, large, warm and comfortable.
The receptionist was brilliantly helpful.
The huge bath was so welcome after a day’s hiking and there was no shortage of hot water.
Such a comfortable large bed!
Very good drinks tray and hot chocolate is always a bonus for hikers!
Good breakfast and thank you for keeping lavabread on your menu when some other places have given up on it!
High strength free wi-fi.
‘Flat’ hard towels that I suggest need replacing?
Noise insulation between rooms was a problem for me especially as the tiled floors appear to echo sound particulary from hard-soled shoes and inconsiderate guests with loud voices. I guess not much can be done to stop that?
I just felt that the midweek price was steep given the prices quoted by some other reviewers however as it was full then I probably paid a premium? It would certainly be good value under £100 but not what I paid!
Overall its clearly a popular place to stay but I would probably not return due to the noise intrusion and high price. My advice would be dont reject staying here based on my review as it would be good if you got it for a lower rate.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Kings Head is A four-star Country Inn with 27 rooms. All of our rooms are of a very high standard, with ensuite facilities and underfloor heating. Our rooms offer a host of features which we hope will make your stay most relaxing. The Kings Head was rated in the top ten summer pubs in Britain by the Sunday Times Magazine, 2006. & recommended in Which holiday magazine. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline and Booking.com so you can book your King's Head Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- King`s Head Hotel Llangennith
- King's Head Inn Llangennith, Wales