“Don't bother.” 1 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Aliki 844 00, Greece   |
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Aliki
“Don't bother.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2012

On first impression, this hotel seems beautiful, but this is only because of the lovely reception area and the warm welcome from Elias who works behind the desk, but the rooms are not as big as they seem on the internet and the cockroaches are certainly not mentioned. The air conditioning is poor and as it's so hot you need to keep it on during the night but you can't then sleep due to the noisy unit. The breakfast is very basic and there is absolutely no fruit available, it's lovely if you like to eat cake first thing in the morning. The coffee is lukewarm as is the tea. The poolside bar is poorly stocked but the pool is lovely and also the barman was very pleasant. The hotel is situated about 5 minutes from a small beach but you will find much nicer beaches further away. Also for the 4 nights we stayed at Narges the tables by the poolside bar were occupied by the owners and their family eating their dinner and watching telly which wasn't really what I would expect from a so called 4 star hotel. I would certainly not class this hotel as anything more than a 2 star and I am being generous. I wouldn't bother going back to this hotel, it is vastly overpriced. The fishing village was quite nice.

Room Tip: There is no fitness centre as advertised.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
  • Greek first
Manchester, England
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012

I loved Paros and Aliki. I almost really liked the hotel Narges. The room was lovely. The location was superb and the staff were genuinely helpful and great. So why only 3 stars?
The breakfast was simply dire - and everyone in our group was of this opinion. Plastic white bread to go with the rubbery eggs. No fresh fruit or salad. Just cakes and more cakes. The coffee was mud and the tea undrinkable. Why? I have no idea. I just went next door and bought my own food. It was inedible.
The second downside was the pool and the whole pool area. It looked lovely, but BE CAREFUL. There aren't enough sunbeds and the setting is not great. However, the pool itself is downright dangerous. It has quite a high wall on the rim of the pool and no rail, with only one set of steps at each end. If you have any problems, you have a real issue getting out. There is also a major problem with the steps when you try and get out - even in the little pool. Those in the group who were not completely agile, could not get out. They had to be bodily lifted out.
I am a very good swimmer and I didn't feel very happy in the pool. The others in the group could not swim in it at all. Beware!
Would I go back? Quite possibly, but I'd rather be in Naoussa!

Room Tip: Most rooms seemed good. Our whole group was very happy with the rooms.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Bucks
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2012

Very pretty small hotel with beautiful gardens and pool. The staff were friendly and helpful especially the English girl in the pool bar, the young lady who worked in the restaurant and the lovely Irini on reception, who went out of her way to bring in her own fully charged laptop for my friend to use when her phone wouldn't work, and also recommended a charity shop in Parikia called Paws who work to neuter stray cats and dogs on the island (we are animal lovers). Love to your gorgeous Westie, Mac, who is so well behaved and loves a fuss from the guests at the hotel.
We went to a BBQ at the hotel one evening and the chef's homemade burgers are some of the best I've ever tasted.
The hotel is very conveniently situated close to the tavernas, shops and beach of this attractive little resort.
There is a regular bus into Parikia which costs 1.80 euros each way.
Only slight critisism were the pillows in the room which I found rather hard, but I am very fussy about my pillows.
If you want a comfortable hotel in a peaceful resort then this is for you.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Alexandria, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2012

Small hotel right off the beach in Aliki. Nice sized room, air conditioned, large pool with food service, very clean. Cute fishing village is out of the way, but very relaxing. Didn't find a decent restaurant in the whole village but it might be because we came in May. Had one load of laundry done for 14 Euros which I thought was expensive. Would stay here again!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Brighton UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2012

We spent one night at the Narges Hotel on Paros - it was really very nice, very quiet, large rooms - no particular views - but very clean and comfortable. A large pool and poolside bar were excellent. The local small village of Aliki is very pretty situated on a beautiful peaceful bay with several very nice restaurants.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Oxfordshire
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2012

This was 4 nights b&b as part of a longer tour - and although they did provide some of us with a meal the night we arrived, it was a plate of lukewarm fish and a few vegetables for which we paid 12 euros. The hotel itself was very attractive, lovely veranda, comfy bed, lots of flowering plants (bougainvillae, geranium etc) but there were a couple of small difficulties - I'd been out along the lovely little taverna-fringed shoreline (though not much in the way of shops) and when I returned, my bathroom was awash - the sink hadn't been properly plumbed in. They did send a chap along and it was fixed, but it was a small sign that perhaps they weren't quite ready for us. Also, on the 2nd night there, I'd decided to stay in the hotel because the pool bar staff had told me that I could have an omelette-type meal after 7.30 p.m. but when I went there, she just said "chef's gone home"! Luckily I had some fruit and cheese I'd bought (I'm coeliac, and was reluctant to feel like a freak in restaurants outside by quizzing them about their recipes!) The hotel breakfasts were ok, but nothing special. The resort itself is lovely - and because we were there in the first week of the season, and were (I think) the only group there, every time I walked along the seafront, I met other members of our group, it felt like being in one's home village! A few of my fellow-guests and myself found out the bus times and got two buses up to Naoussa, an utterly delightful fishing village. I like to go on public transport in other countries, along with all the locals, a very enjoyable little outing.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Buenos Aires, Argentina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2012

quaint hotel next to a fishing village. One thing i liked about this hotel was the size of the rooms.
It has nice surroundings with flowering plants and date palms.
The breakfast is basic and changes according to the origin of busload of tourists passing through.
Had dinner here first night and never again , type of marinara pasta which had mainly crab sticks.
The beds are hard and not very comfortable and the balcony seems nice enough but you would be shaking hands with your neighbours and i could get close to another 5 balconies.
The swimming pool was nice and big approx 10 m with changing lights.
the hotel seems to be a transit hotel for tour companies and is stuck at the bottom of the island away from everything but is ok if you have a car.
like most Greek island places you cant flush toilet paper.
Overall not to bad a hotel but very basic with helpful staff.

i

Room Tip: second storey seem to be better, not much noise but hotel not very full
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Narges Hotel? Share your experiences!