The tittle says it all. A family owned and managed Hotel near (IMHO) to the nicest beach of Syros.
Super friendly and polite staff available almost 24x7 for your convinience .Super clean and slightly romantic functional Rooms, with balcony overlooking the small port or the garden .Air condition,fridge,kitchenette,tv,wifi (daily renewal) and parking on the back yard of the Hotel.Normal prices in a newly rest-orated quiet small Hotel.
+ Agathopes are surprisingly calm even on windy August (!)
+ Meltemi Tavern (next door) with great fish food and classic Greek kitchen.
+ Semi-Organised Beach in 20m.
+ Family friendly.
- You need car/scooter/bike (preferably with full tank) for everything, and you have to drive to Foinikas (± 4km) .Agathopes only have 2-3 taverns.Period.
- Cash is preferred .Closest ATM is in Ermoupolis (!!) .I have been told from locals that current Mayor decided to remove ATM from Foinikas (!) + the fact that Syros lost in 2013 the High Speed ferries connection with Piraeus (!!!) .Tourism strategy at it's best.
- No hotel option for breakfast/coffee/snack .And no, there is no such thing as hotel restaurant.Walk to the nearest Tavern or be well equipped.
Bottom line:Despite the lack of serious tourism infrastructure in Syros I'll be back definetely.
Needless to say that Hotel is Recommended.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Akrogiali is located 50 meters off the beach of Agathopes, in the beautiful village of Possidonia on Syros Island.Family owned and managed, the complex consists of 5 studios and 11 apartments tha can host 2 to 4 guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Akrogiali reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.