This is a good hotel if you come in late or have an early flight away from Papeete. I guess this is their business model. I don't completely know what people are complaining about in this hotel. Of course, if you are looking for a nice resort to lay down in Tahiti, this is not the place to be but I guess everybody knows that this is not the place for that kind of purpose.
The room was clean and is big enough for a layover. There is enough space to open 3-5 bags if you want to. From construction point of view, I don't understand the floor in the shower as it's not flat but there are several small holes, where the water will stay as long as it dries. I'd imagine that this is not the best from hygienic point of view.
The staff will help you if you ask them but they won't tell you too much additional information if you don't ask unlike in some friendlier places. The stuff clearly seems to be only working and doing their minimum performance.
The path to the hotel can be confusing especially when it's dark but you should be able to find your way through stairs. Small signs after crossing the street from the airport might be something you miss but if you find them you are able to get there. It's a steep hill and you need to be in some sort of fit in order to avoid taxi. It's only like 300m but you may need taxi if you cannot carry your bags up there. The hotel doesn't have an elevator and they have four floors so some more carrying in there. Especially in the night if there is only one front desk person who won't help you. During the day, we were offered help in getting our big bags into our room.
Although this is a good layover place, I'd hope they had slightly lower rates as ~115e is a bit much even in Tahiti standards. You can get quite nice accommodations with that money in Moorea where we stayd for 3 nights.70-80e per night would be more reasonable on this hotel no matter how clean the room is as there are no other facilities.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Best Comfort at reasonable prices.Located in front of Tahiti Faa'a International Airport the Tahiti Airport Motel is only at 5 minutes walk from the terminal.For a greater comfort, all the rooms as well as the corridors are entirely non-smoker and air conditioned.The establishment is ideal for transit travelers or for long-term stay. The motel provides luggage storage and parking.It is a very comfortable place which proposes 46 units. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Priceline, Travelocity and Odigeo so you can book your Tahiti Airport Motel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tahiti Airport Hotel Faa`a
- Tahiti Airport Motel French Polynesia