We had t layover both on the way in and out of Papeete, and leave some luggage for 5 days. The room rate was reasonable, the storage room had everything we left in it (and we left 10 pieces for 5 days!), the rooms were basic but clean and the AC worked - although it took a few minutes to warm up.
The place is very close to the airport, a 10 min walk, but the taxi fare is $30+!! Breakfast is OK.
What made the place good for us was the friendly staff late at night and early in the morning. we arrived at 9pm with three kids and left at 5am - they were very helpful. This is not a destination, but a great place near the airport to shut your eyes for a few hours.
One major warning: Take ear plugs. Not for planes, but for the neighbour's chickens that start around 3am.
- Also Known As:
- Tahiti Airport Hotel Faa`a
- Tahiti Airport Hotel
- Tahiti Airport Motel French Polynesia
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Best Comfort at reasonable prices.Located in front of Tahiti Faa'a International Airport the Tahiti Airport Motel is only at 5 minutes walk from the terminal.For a greater comfort, all the rooms as well as the corridors are entirely non-smoker and air conditioned.The establishment is ideal for transit travelers or for long-term stay. The motel provides luggage storage and parking.It is a very comfortable place which proposes 46 units. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Priceline, Tingo, Venere, Asiatravel.com Holdings and Agoda so you can book your Tahiti Airport Motel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.