When we arrived the view just walking into the lobby was amazing. The property is well cared for on the outside. We were here 3 nites pre cruise. We booked a panoramic view room. Check in was a little slow but then we were taken to our room. View was good, room was big. No screens on the balcony so AC it was.
Bathroom is large, al tho was not as clean as I like. Room is dated and needs to be updated and refreshed. Staff is courteous but not overly nice, and could be rude at the desk. Porters were nice and helpful. Dined in the Le Tiare restaurant most of the time and found the Head Waiter Auralian was a GEM. He was always there to help and make sure the food was served as we ordered it. The prices are a little redicoulous as breakfast was $48.00 per person, lunch buffets $128.00 per person. NOTHING IS FREE THERE- no water, coffee, tea nothing......If you are a Rewards member you get the slower standard internet in your room which was helpful and in the lobby as well. I was not welcomed as a rewards guest.
Pools are great, altho they could keep the swim up bar pool cleaner. The lagoonarium is very nice. On our return stay we were upgraded to the OWB and I was excited, till I got to the room. They are in poor shape, clean and good size.
Railings were very rickety the steps getting into the water full of moss and barnacles,, so wear water sh oes. Lots of fish around the bungalow.
Oh and the hotel's exchange rate for the US Dollar was lower by far than any of the other establishments we visted while in Tatiti......
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The resort has a total of 253 rooms and bungalows, comprising 172 fully renovated garden and lagoon view rooms, a separate wing with 60 panoramic view rooms for the top achievers and VIPs, a suite, and 32 over-water bungalows. All units are air-conditioned, with international facilities and amenities. Located in 32 acres of gardens, the Polynesian style resort offers views of unforgettable sunsets and volcanic peaks of the sister island Moorea, just 12 miles across the sea of moons. The resort offers 2 restaurants including gourmet over water restaurant and an all day dining restaurant featuring the best Tahitian shows on the island, 2 bars, 2 crystal clear, fresh Water overflow swimming pools, and a host of activities to entertain just about everyone. The property features an activity center including tennis, water sports and the largest scuba-diving center Special mention about the huge lagoonarium where guests can swim in a protected area and enjoy Polynesian exceptional sea-life. The Deep Nature Spa by Algotherm is open since the end of 2008" is also equipped with a great gym ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Agoda, Tingo, Orbitz, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA and Odigeo so you can book your InterContinental Resort Tahiti reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Resort Tahiti Hotel Faa`a
- Intercontinental Hotel Tahiti
- Intercontinental Hotel Faaa
- Beachcomber Resort Tahiti
- InterContinental Resort Tahiti French Polynesia