I had a short stay at this property. We got into Tahiti at about eleven at night, and left the hotel to head to Moorea at about 8 AM the following morning.
That said, this was a very nice property. Prior to arrival, staff was helpful in explaining transportation options via email. The resort was close to the airport, less than ten minutes away by car, which is helpful after a long flight at a late night arrival. Despite the proximity to the airport, we did not experience much noise during our brief stay there. The room we had was clean, and the furnishings were nice. We had a partial ocean view and could see Moorea across the bay in the morning.
Some of the room number signage is ambiguous or missing, which made finding our room a little difficult, and some of the walkways are long or have stairs, which might make things difficult if you have a lot of baggage and don't want to use a porter. But those are minor points altogether.
I would definitely consider staying here again if we were fortunate enough to return to Tahiti.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The resort has a total of 253 rooms and bungalows, comprising 172 fully renovated garden and lagoon view rooms, a separate wing with 60 panoramic view rooms for the top achievers and VIPs, a suite, and 32 over-water bungalows. All units are air-conditioned, with international facilities and amenities. Located in 32 acres of gardens, the Polynesian style resort offers views of unforgettable sunsets and volcanic peaks of the sister island Moorea, just 12 miles across the sea of moons. The resort offers 2 restaurants including gourmet over water restaurant and an all day dining restaurant featuring the best Tahitian shows on the island, 2 bars, 2 crystal clear, fresh Water overflow swimming pools, and a host of activities to entertain just about everyone. The property features an activity center including tennis, water sports and the largest scuba-diving center Special mention about the huge lagoonarium where guests can swim in a protected area and enjoy Polynesian exceptional sea-life. The Deep Nature Spa by Algotherm is open since the end of 2008" is also equipped with a great gym ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Agoda, BookingOdigeoWL and Venere so you can book your InterContinental Resort Tahiti reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Resort Tahiti Hotel Faa`a
- Intercontinental Hotel Tahiti
- Intercontinental Hotel Faaa
- Beachcomber Resort Tahiti
- InterContinental Resort Tahiti French Polynesia