We (wife + 2 kids) spent two night at the resort and had a great time. We reached early in the morning (6:30 AM) and as an ambassador member, we were welcomed with fruit juice, the staff were really courteous to help with the checkin process. We were allowed early check-in and as an ambassador member we were upgraded to an Over water bungalow. The resort is beautifully landscaped and provides gorgeous views of Moorea. The two swimming pools was fun, kids ended up spending almost the entire day in the pool. The breakfast, lunch & dinner was excellent at the restaurant. Some of the local dishes were served in really interesting way and tasted awesome. We missed the show in the evening as we had to take the kid to emergency (see below)
The room was very spacious with nice decor. Having tea & coffee on the over water bungalow at sunset and sunrise is just memorable. The water around the bungalow was a little deep so we didn't swim here since we were going to get plenty of time in our next stop on Moorea. But we did see other folks around happily swimming.
One of my kid ran a fever at the end of the first day of our stay, and the hotel staff was really helpful in arranging our trip to emergency and pharmacy. Luckily, the fever was just for overnite and they were able to enjoy the entire time in the resort.
Sorry, I can't recall the name of the staff members but really wanted to mention their names here since they made our stay more than comfortable. So, I will just say for the entire staff at the property - you guys are awesome, thanks for making this our dream vacation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The resort has a total of 253 rooms and bungalows, comprising 172 fully renovated garden and lagoon view rooms, a separate wing with 60 panoramic view rooms for the top achievers and VIPs, a suite, and 32 over-water bungalows. All units are air-conditioned, with international facilities and amenities. Located in 32 acres of gardens, the Polynesian style resort offers views of unforgettable sunsets and volcanic peaks of the sister island Moorea, just 12 miles across the sea of moons. The resort offers 2 restaurants including gourmet over water restaurant and an all day dining restaurant featuring the best Tahitian shows on the island, 2 bars, 2 crystal clear, fresh Water overflow swimming pools, and a host of activities to entertain just about everyone. The property features an activity center including tennis, water sports and the largest scuba-diving center Special mention about the huge lagoonarium where guests can swim in a protected area and enjoy Polynesian exceptional sea-life. The Deep Nature Spa by Algotherm is open since the end of 2008" is also equipped with a great gym ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, HotelsClick, Despegar.com, Expedia, BookingOdigeoWL, Venere and Agoda so you can book your InterContinental Resort Tahiti reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Resort Tahiti Hotel Faa`a
- Intercontinental Hotel Tahiti
- Intercontinental Hotel Faaa
- Beachcomber Resort Tahiti
- InterContinental Resort Tahiti French Polynesia