Arriving in fabled Tahiti-Niu and being whisked in minutes to your hotel at the Intercontinental Resort was magical , and then to wander past the reception to see the amazing vista over the swimming pool and onward to the volcanic peaks of Moorea - what was not to like ?
Great location , great aspect out over the ocean . Its a big resort but all seems to work perfectly for the guests who immediately feel at home ,even after an overnight flight that arrives at 1 in the morning .
A cold beer or one of a huge range of cocktails over the huge pool area as the sun goes down over Moorea has to be one of those defining moments for the weary traveller . Just awesome . And the service is top class , even for the visitor struggling to show off his lousy French. Friendly staff who cannot do enough for you as they chime "ia orana" at every opportunity , a bit like the warm "bulas" of Fiji - and they sound like they mean it .
Dont miss the evening spectaculars , especially the Marquesa Dance Show - you will have to take part - the male dancers are just too big and muscular to say no to and the sumptuous buffet of island cuisine , while maybe not to everyone's taste was an eye opener .
We'll be back . Mauruuru (thank you)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The resort has a total of 253 rooms and bungalows, comprising 172 fully renovated garden and lagoon view rooms, a separate wing with 60 panoramic view rooms for the top achievers and VIPs, a suite, and 32 over-water bungalows. All units are air-conditioned, with international facilities and amenities. Located in 32 acres of gardens, the Polynesian style resort offers views of unforgettable sunsets and volcanic peaks of the sister island Moorea, just 12 miles across the sea of moons. The resort offers 2 restaurants including gourmet over water restaurant and an all day dining restaurant featuring the best Tahitian shows on the island, 2 bars, 2 crystal clear, fresh Water overflow swimming pools, and a host of activities to entertain just about everyone. The property features an activity center including tennis, water sports and the largest scuba-diving center Special mention about the huge lagoonarium where guests can swim in a protected area and enjoy Polynesian exceptional sea-life. The Deep Nature Spa by Algotherm is open since the end of 2008" is also equipped with a great gym ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL and Venere so you can book your InterContinental Resort Tahiti reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Resort Tahiti Hotel Faa`a
- Intercontinental Hotel Tahiti
- Intercontinental Hotel Faaa
- Beachcomber Resort Tahiti
- InterContinental Resort Tahiti French Polynesia