We stayed here with another couple the first weekend of Jan 2013.
As soon as we arrived from what had been a very hectic weekend else where we relaxed – the luxurious smell of the spa permeates the whole hotel without it being overwhelming and we immediately felt like we were going to like it here.
Check in was very easy. They took us straight to our room, showing us the restaurants and amenities on the way.
Christmas was over but all the beautiful decorations were still hanging around and in the grounds at the back they still had their lovey marquee with the ice rink which was free to use for all hotel guests !!!! There was a bar there with large comfy outdoor furniture and blankets for the non skaters.
Our room had a big balcony with amazing views of the lake – I would love to return in the summer when I could actually make use of it !
The room itself is not huge but just what we needed and the bath room was very cool ( heated floors !!!! great after ice skating ! ) The shower is really powerful and refreshing. For a hotel so modern and immaculate they still have shower curtains …. found that a bit odd.
We had lunch in the main restaurant - which we could not fault – lovely food / wine and excellent service.
In the evening we ate in the more casual area - more ‘normal’ food ( pasta dishes / club sandwiches etc ) but excellent service as well with a DJ in the corner playing very chilled music.
Possibly the only let down is breakfast - it's very expensive for not very much.
The whole theme of the hotel is African reserve and is not at all what I would have expected in Geneva – it was a great surprise. I would definitely go back and would consider here for a family xmas celebration as they seemed very well equipped to cater for families and couples and the decorations / ice rink – made it somewhere very memorable.
TIP – if you want to book into the Chinese restaurant - book in advance – it’s a popular place in Geneva and 1 week before we couldn’t get in .
- Also Known As:
- La Reserve Geneve Hotel And Spa
- La Reserve Geneve Hotel
- La Reserve Geneve Hotel Bellevue
- La Reserve Geneva
- Hotel La Reserve
- La Reserve Geneve Hotel & Spa Geneva, Switzerland - Bellevue
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In the heart of a 10-acre landscaped park, on the shores of Lake Geneva, La Réserve Genève Hotel & Spa is a city-resort offering within an exclusive safari decor designed by Jacques Garcia: 102 rooms and suites, 4 restaurants and bar, a magnificent 2000 sq. m. spa with state-of-the-art fitness equipment, and a venetian taxi-boat available in summertime which will transport you to and from the city centre to La Réserve. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Splendia, LHW, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your La Reserve Geneve Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.