“first class” 4 of 5 stars

“first class”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

“first class”
Reviewed 20 November 2012 NEW
Second visit to this hotel, stayed 1 night, helpfull staff, great room views golf course and sea view. late checkout no problem with my partner playing golf. Will visit again Lift to bus station appreciated as no taxi available 5 star resort.
great golf course
look forward to visiting again next year,

Room Tip: rooms on higher floor great views
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
GemmadeVincci, Community Manager at Vincci Seleccion Buenavista Golf & Spa, responded to this review, December 17, 2012
Dear guest,
Thank you for returning to stay with us and publishing your comments. We are pleased to know that you enjoyed your second stay in our establishment and that you were satisfied with our views, service and staff. We will pass along your praise to the entire hotel staff. That you had a good experience with us is our greatest satisfaction and what we work for every day in our chain.
We are happy as well that our staff could help you with transport during your stay if at the time there were not any taxis available and would like to inform you that we currently have two taxis in our facilities in order to help our guests move about.
We would be delighted to be able to welcome you again to our establishment.
Warmest regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Dublin, Ireland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

The rooms are excellent and comfortable.
However all you can get around here is buffet food which is pretty poor.
The beans for breakfast were the same ones for 5 days, the cheese was dry and curled up and tin canned fruit was the norm.
The evening buffet was as bad.
The pools are lovely and again staff are nice and helpful.
The golf course is beautiful and challenging, however slow is the norm. One round took 6 hours. Normally I go early to beat slow play but there is a real lack of flexibility. I walked off the course on day 2 as it was so slow. This course could be played in 3.5 hours.
In summary, great place if you love your buffet with old beans and dried cheese and are a slow golf player. I will never be back. I like fast golf and good food. The odd buffet dinner is ok....but seeing the breakfast beans reappear in the evening has given me nightmares about beans. I dreamt I was hitting old beans on the gold course instead of golf balls !!!!

Room Tip: View of golf course nice
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
GemmadeVincci, Community Manager at Vincci Seleccion Buenavista Golf & Spa, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Dear guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write your opinions and feedback regarding your stay in our hotel. We are pleased to know that you were satisfied with our rooms, pools and staff, but deeply regret not having completely met your expectations and that certain aspects of your stay were not to your liking.
In this regard we would like you to know that we take note of each and every guest´s observations, complaints, suggestions, and comments always with the aim of improving.
We regret, as well, that our restaurant service was not entirely to your liking and reiterate that we will bear close in mind your ideas in order to improve this service. We would, however, like to note that with the goal of offering our guests a varied and quality service we have available a total of 8 different cheeses and renew our dishes daily.
Regarding our golf courses that you refer to in your comments, we would like to clarify that both the Buenavista golf course as well as the courses it gives are managed by companies apart from Vincci Hotels and are, therefore, outside of our responsibility.
We are at your disposal for whatever you may need.
Regards,
Hamilton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

My wife and I have just returned home from a week in this magnificent hotel. We usually stay in Adeje when we visit Tenerife but this time we opted for the north of the island and were not sorry we had made this choice. All aspects of our stay was first class. Our room was spacious and the furnishings of a high standard. It was obvious that the layout of the hotel had been thought out, although it covers a big area it never seems busy. The food was superb, both in choice and quality. The location is breathtaking with the mountains and the sea. The golf course is also of a high standard. Last but not least the staff were friendly, helpful and professional. All in all one of the best if not the best week breaks we have ever had, and will be back soon.

Room Tip: Would advise a room overlooking golf course a.nd sea
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
GemmadeVincci, Community Manager at Vincci Seleccion Buenavista Golf & Spa, responded to this review, October 3, 2012
To our esteemed guest:
It was such a pleasure reading your comments. Without a doubt, feedback like yours encourages us to continue working hard so that our guests’ experiences at our hotels are enjoyable ones. We would love to see you again soon at any of our establishments.
Kindest regards.
Barcelona, Spain
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

Good stay overall, but a bit disappointed by the standard of the room. Furnishing is only average, decoration is poor (ok type of photo or picture subjective, but quality of the print and material is more objective) and more importantly, noise is quite annoying (from the corridor and adjacent rooms, you can hear people walking).

Also, quite disappointingly, booking with Booking.com, Hotels.com (or other similar websites) condemns you to the worst rooms with no view, no charm etc, even if the hotel is about empty as it was the case for us.

Apart from that, nice hotel, with great swimming pool and views. Excellent food at the gourmet restaurant (not the buffet one), although there is a clear lack of personnel at the restaurants (diner or breakfast).

Room Tip: Avoid booking through a large booking reservation, although it is cheaper !
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear guest,
Thank you very much for publishing your comments regarding your experience in our hotel. We are pleased to know that you enjoyed a pleasant stay with us and that you were especially satisfied with our pool and our views, as well as with our gourmet restaurant. That you had a good experience in our establishment is our greatest compensation and what we in Vincci Hotels work for every day.
We regret, however, not having completely met your expectations and that some aspects of your stay were not to your liking. In this regard we would like to inform you that we will bear close in mind your ideas, as surely they will help us continue to improve the service we offer our guests.
We would, however, like to note, that we offer all of our guests the possibility of choosing, from what the hotel has available, the room that best suits their preferences, independently of the method or agency that made the booking. In any case, those guests who are not happy with the room assigned to them can mention it and always in so far as it is possible we will offer them a change of room, trying at all times to make their stay is comfortable and enjoyable.
Regarding our staff, we would just like to mention that we always try to provide them with the number of guests staying in the hotel.
We are at your disposal for whatever you may need.
Regards,
monmouthshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

I must say first off that I have stayed in many of the leading hotels of the world (5+6*) and this hotel is more than a match for a fair few of them! It is a truly lovely property in so many ways..... why they put it here I am not to sure??! When we travelled there last July I was 6 months pregnant. We had wanted to go to Dubai, but my Dr said it would be to warm, so we ended up for the first time in Tenerife. The journey from the airport took forever and I could not see much beauty around the island on the trip. Outside of the lovely luxury hotel/ golf course is just horrid! The weather was gloomy and I caught a cold which was strange as I thought the canary islands were warm all year around? The hotel staff were outstanding and I was very impressed with the manager called Enrique and his staff (they could teach the British hospitality trade a thing or two!) but there were very few residents staying and the food choice was limited. The room service choice was limited too, so we found ourselves going to a nice restaurant down in front of the hotel which is right on the beach. The spa was lovely and the rooms spacious with the BEST beds ever! It is hard for me to sum up, but fab hotel on a naf island that I will not return to has to do it! I am just glad that we didn't pay too much.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
GemmadeVincci, Community Manager at Vincci Seleccion Buenavista Golf & Spa, responded to this review, August 29, 2012
Dear guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write your opinions and comments regarding your experience with us. We are pleased to know that you found our hotel was comfortable and pleasant and that our staff and rooms met your expectations. We will pass along your congratulations to the entire hotel staff. That you had a good experience with us is our greatest reward and what motivates us to continue working hard so that our guest´s experience in our hotels is pleasant and enjoyable.
We regret, however, that you were not happy with some details and want you to know that we will keep in mind your feedback with the goal of improving our service in the future. We work to satisfy our guests and their opinions are what always guide us in doing so.
Warmest regards,
San Mateo, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012

My wife and I honeymooned at this place last week and I have to say the staff is out of control friendly and Very accommodating. Everyone at front desk (Oscar) to the Yessica, Jessica and Fernando were extra helpful and made every day we were there more pleasant. The Resuartant Manager Sergio was also very nice and made sure we got anything we needed. The food here is top notch restaurant quality and we are going back when we reach our five year anniversary or when my mobile app starts making me some real money.

Sharad & Katy

Room Tip: there is no bad rooms here but you can pay a bit more to get the ocean views.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
GemmadeVincci, Community Manager at Vincci Seleccion Buenavista Golf & Spa, responded to this review, July 20, 2012
To our esteemed guest:
Thank you for your comments. We appreciate knowing that your stay with us met your expectations. Without question, our guests’ satisfaction is our raison d’être.
We hope to see you again soon at one of our hotels.
Kindest regards.
London
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2012

I booked this hotel as a treat for a friend’s birthday while we were on the island and knew how beautiful it was as we have dined there before on several occasions; however, this stay was truly disappointing. I booked online using the English translation and chose a package which included a dinner in the Gourmet Restaurant and a Thermal Circuit in the Spa. On our arrival, I was told that the package I had booked was Champagne and fruit in the room. I knew this not to be the case and asked the receptionist to look online. It became clear that there was a problem with the internet site in that the English translation of the packages available were not the same as the Spanish version of the website. Until the problem became clear the staff were rude and at one point I had to ask the assistant manager if he was calling me a liar as he aggressively told me that I couldn't have booked this package. The attitude of the staff seemed to be that as the facilities were shut there was nothing they could do and didn’t care to try and compensate us for their failure in notifying us that the facilities wouldn’t be opened for the time we booked. It was an enormous disappointment as we had booked the so called “Spa” hotel specifically for the treatments.

To make matters worse I was then informed that the Gourmet restaurant was closed as indeed was the Spa and both only opened 2 days a week. I was astounded that a Hotel that has 'SPA' in its title wouldn't think that people might presume it to be available at all times. Doubly annoying as I had even requested a Spa treatment brochure on the booking form and still nobody had informed me that it would be shut on the day we stayed. We were given a token for a buffet meal but even this proved not to be the case. There was no buffet, just a meal with absolutely no choice available, just brought to you at the table. I would say that the food was very well cooked and presented and the lady that served us for dinner and breakfast was delightful. But for anyone who suffers with any digestive problems or food allergies there was simply no alternative.

I was forced to pay €60 for a package I didn’t want nor indeed ordered. I was given a paltry €20 in compensation. I asked at reception for an email address at head office to lodge a complaint but was told to look for it online! The staff were not interested in any of my complaints and did not want to put things right. We have booked for four people to stay at the hotel in October which we are now going to cancel as the staff were not prepared to confirm that things would be right then. They do not seem to want the custom even though the hotel has minimal occupancy.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
, Community manager at Vincci Seleccion Buenavista Golf & Spa, responded to this review, June 29, 2012
Dear guest,
Thank you for publishing your comments regarding your experience in our hotel, although deeply regret that your stay with us did not meet your expectations. We would like to thank you for allowing us to clarify and personally resolve the problems you mention and are pleased that you decided to keep your reservation and return to visit us in October.
We work to satisfy our guests and your opinions are what always guide us in doing so. With this in mind we will take note of each and every one of your observations always with the aim of improving.
We shall be delighted to welcome you again in October.
Warmest regards.

Been to Vincci Seleccion Buenavista Golf & Spa? Share your experiences!