We stayed only 1 night at Cerro Lodge in August and enjoyed our stay there.
+ sides :
- Good location, quiet place and great view.
- Large bungalows (thought the decoration could be improved, and there were 3 beds in ours, which took a lot of space)
- Nice bathroom open on the outside (no roof) which made us part of the wild nature surrounding us (a large iguana was perched on top of the bamboo wall !)
- Discrete and helpful staff (they helped us book our crocodile tour)
- Good breakfeast and dinner (actually, we were not very hungry in the evening, since they serve dinner quite early for us -7:15 pm at the latest- so we asked for a light meal: soup and fruit. They readily complied to our needs and were quite flexible.
- Nice pool and surroundings.
Negative sides ( Not a lot) :
- The only thing is the owner did not talk to us at all although we saw him several times, so we did not feel really the touch of Costa Rican hospitality that we found in most other places during our trip. The service was effective but a bit cold.
- The price : 90$ for one night (bungalow, the other rooms are less expensive) : not so expensive as such, but it was the most expensive night of our trip, we payed less in other places for the same or even better. Of course, the Tarcolès area is expensive I think, and I cannot compare with other hotels nearby. But they should maybe offer lower prices for the green season, since it is not the high season.
- Not really a negative side, but the road is bad to arrive at Cerro Lodge and we missed it the first time (the sign indicating you should turn right comes too late), so the drive to arrive at Cerro Lodge is a bit tiring, but this is often the case in Costa Rica, so you sould be aware of it !
But we enjoyed our stay overall.