“Incredible hotel with breathtaking views!!” 5 of 5 stars

You added Kalestesia Suites to your Saves list
Kalestesia Suites
3.0 of 5 Condominium   |   Akrotiri 84700, Greece   |
London, United Kingdom
“Incredible hotel with breathtaking views!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

When we were trying to find the hotel we took a wrong turn, but eventually found our way- it is actually very easy with signs directing the way- if you reach the small town of Akrotiri you have gone too far (follow the road to Faros), when we arrived we couldn't believe we were actually staying there, it is stunning!!
The Hotel is at the top of a cliff, with 360 panoramic views of the beautiful Island of Santorini! It is one of the most breathtaking views I have ever seen! The hotel is more beautiful than the photographs really even show. We felt incredibly inspired as we looked down on the rest of the world and were able to relax and stop from the bustle of normal life. Beds are very comfortable, our room came with a small kitchen with wine glasses at the ready and it also had a separate living space with a nice sofa and flat screen tv! I have stayed in many hotels around the world, but this one tops the list.
Hopefully, hopefully one day I can return!!

Room Tip: The larger rooms, on the second floor have incredible views!!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

58 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
  • Greek first
Athens, Greece
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

We went to kalestesia suites with my girlfriend and stayed there for 5 days.We saw the hotel from the internet and booked it because we really liked the photos of the kaldera view and it seemed magnificent but apart from that we didn't know what to expect.And oh my god we were in for a big surprise!The hotel is located on the very top of the acrotiri hill and is designed in the traditional aegean style with a lot of white and blue.We knew we made the right choice as soon as we walked in the reception.Very nicely decorated with a very elegant but also traditional way.There we met Agapi, the hotel manager who greeted us with a smile and offered us a glass of the traditional Vinsanto wine.The room was fantastic, there was a bowl of seasonal fruit on the table and a bottle of champagne since we had informed them that we had our 1 year anniversary.Wi fi was available free of charge,there was a menu if we wanted to eat something which we did and it was quite tasty and everything looked amazing.But the best part was the view.Due to its unique location tha hotel offers you a 360 degrees view not only in the kaldera but also in the south side of the island which was unlike anything we had ever seen before.As for the staff, they were very helpful.We got picked up from the airport and transfered to the hotel and of course the same when we left.Agapi helped us rent a car,gave us instructions as to where we should go swimming,restaurants and also sightseeing.She made sure that our stay there would be unforgettable and that's why we plan on going there next summer too.All in all it was the best choice.!See you next year.!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Thessaloniki, Greece
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

I didn't know where to rest my eyes! Can't have enough of this view! It is unforgettable! It does worth it, even 1 day stay in "Kalestesia Suites". Unique, unprecedented beauty! All rest come second as meaningless details!
Stelina F.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

This was an amazing start to my summer holidays. Kalestesia suites is a hidden gem in Santorini at Akrotiri overlooking the whole of the island, but I am certain those who know high standards will know to find it.

The rooms are excellent, of the highest standard, the white simple curves of the architecture make one feel at ease relaxed and allow one to take in the breathtaking views in a not so overcrowded area of untouched island. The breakfast is just divine, with local sweet vine tomatoes, fresh eggs from their chicken, homemade marmelades, and it gets better the service is personalized they will make for you whatever you like, the gym is great and the spa is absolutely divine!!The food also is traditional homemade Greek but it is as if they know what you prefer every time, so you might even find the odd sushi in a mini basket gift! Creativity and passion working with local ingredients , I just love it. The place is at one with the natural environment with subtle insertions of happy colors green, red, pink a chic and unpretentious decor that adds value to ones experience of this place.

Finally, the ultimate bonus in my view of kalestesia suites are the people who own it and run it , they have a true passion for the simple pleasures of life and they know how to provide them, they will even hang out with you if you wish and tell you all the secret places to go, to eat, and to swim. They make you feel welcome and at home unlike most owners of five star boutique hotels.

The hotel is near also the three most famous beaches of the island red, white and black which we went to via a lovely boat from Akrotiri port. The local wineries are also fantastic, and the local shops nearby do not have the premium prices that oia or fira shops have for local ingredients like fava.

I hope to make this my second home away from home every summer. Congratulations to Kalestesia suites they met and went beyond my expectations....

Room Tip: All rooms are great, for the whole views choose the blue room!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Athens, Greece
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

We spent in Kalestesia suites three wonderfull days! Our suite had a balcony with an amazing view at the caldera... The first day was a bit windy, but still the atmosphere was magical! The staff was very nice and helpfull and made us feel at home! We’ll try to come back next summer and stay more days.Thanks for everything!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Thessaloniki, Greece
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

I spent 5 days in Santorini, end of July, 3 at Kalestesia Suites and 2 in a cheaper hotel in Perisa. I must admit the 3 days at Kalestesia were... simply perfect! I enjoyed every aspect of this brand new hotel.

The view of the whole island is unique! You can see very clearly most the Santorini villages (Oia, Fira, Pyrgos...), as well as all the nearby cycladic islands!
Seeing the sunrise & sunset from this location is an experience not to be missed.

The rooms were clean and I noticed a difference after sleeping the first night - the bed matress was even better than my own anatomic one at home! I really enjoyed this bed...

The breakfast was quite rich and fresh. You could tell it was homemade, especially the marmelades were superb!

The swimming pool and the surrounding area was very relaxing and ideal for lying lazy in the sun, looking over the Caldera... I wished the poolbar was open, which they said it will be next season.

The personel were very kind and helpful in particular Agapi the manager as well as Athina in the breakfast buffet.

The only negative feature for me is that there is not enough green around... I think the yard and the outside of the studios need much more plants, to become more friendly.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Thessaloniki
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

"Kalestesia Suites" is what the name Kalestesia means : good aesthetic. From every aspect :location,interior,exterior,surrounding area,viewpoints at full 360 degrees,everything.Absolutely fantastic !!!
From Kalestesia Suites the sunrise and sunset are litterally breathtaking !!!!!

Staff and service get "flying colours" by me. I can only describe it as the personification of hospitality.
Generally,good value for money too.

After my 5 days in Kalestesia Suites, for me no holiday and vacation will ever be the same again .
No comparison with any other location by far !

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo

Been to Kalestesia Suites? Share your experiences!