“Top hotel with great staff” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Orquidea Bahia Feliz

You added Hotel Orquidea Bahia Feliz to your Saves list
Hotel Orquidea Bahia Feliz
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Viejos Tendereteros s/n, 35107 Bahia Feliz, Gran Canaria, Spain   |
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Bahia Feliz
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Top hotel with great staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2011

Stayed at the hotel for a week with my partner and our two and a half year old daughter and can't praise the hotel and staff (both Orquidea and Thomson's) high enough. Hotel is in a great location not far from the Airport (about 15/20 min's transfer) and runs right down to the beach. Although the beach is not the largest I can't fault it for cleanliness. The grounds of the hotel are lovely and you can have pleasant walks around and my daughter loved the two parks. The only fault is that the park for little ones could be bigger but my daughter still loved playing in it. The food was plentiful with a lot of choice and the self service snack bar (including pulling your own drinks...even beer) was great. Although our little girl was too young to join a kids club, from what I witnessed, there seemed to be plenty for the young ones to do during the day. The entertainment of an evening was good with plenty of variety for kids and adults alike. Special praise must go to Stu and Big Daddy, both of Thomson's, who were both very entertaining (Big Daddy especially in the pool) and showed great enthusiasm. They never appeared to be simply going through the motions which can be a danger. All of the staff in the hotel were very friendly and helpful as were all the Thomson's staff. Two pools are very spacious with a smaller pool with slides for the kids. Our room was very large with a huge balcony (although I think we were lucky with that). Across the road from the hotel there is a supermarket and a couple of shops/bars plus restaurants surrounding a lovely square. If you're a "Little Englander" you may have a problem with, what seemed like, half of the restaurants and grounds being occupied with Scandinavians from neighbouring apartment blocks. But the less prehistoric will not have a problem with that, we certainly didn't. All in all a great holiday and we will certainly go back,

Room Tip: All rooms face the pool and have a sea view
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (257)
  • Polish first
Scotland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2011

just returned from a week in Gran Canaria staying in Hotel Orquidea. I have to say it was a really pleasant and clean hotel, friendly & helpful staff, food was great (best i've had abroad) plenty choice, restuarants cleaned constantly. nice quiet location,Swimming pool clean and although busy we were able to get sunbeds by the pool, my 3 year old had a blast. Entertainment was fine but quite noisy late at night, As like previous reviews we had no idea about the amount of other nationalities (namely swedish) who were in hotel/appartments next door and during the first couple of days never really noticed them, was happy enjoying my holiday to care who else was there, but by the end of the week they were driving me mad - ie barging about in the restuarant - no idea what a que is, kids roaming in restuarant by themselves, and kids behaviour by the pool!!!!

Darlington, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2011

I stayed here from 2nd May 2011 for a week with my one year old. I was a bit nervous after reading previous reviews however I cant stress how fab this hotel was. All the staff were friendly from the cleaners to the waiters and even more so the Thomson team. Previous reviews state about the hotel being mostly for Scandinavians, I queried this with one of the reps who confirmed that during the winter months the hotel is mainly visited by Scandinavians and the full Thomson entertainment and rep support is not available until the Summer season from May to October and this is stated in the brochure. When I went it was the start of the Summer season therefore a full range of excellent entertainment was available suitable for all the family night and day, the entertainment team were really good and my son and I really enjoyed ourselves, I made use of the Thomson creche on 2 occasions and this was very good I had no concerns leaving my son with the staff and he appeared to enjoy it. I look forward to when he is able to join in the kids clubs as it looked like they had lots of fun. All the thomson entertainment was in English and the Scandinavians had a seperate entertainments team which was ran from a smaller stage area in another bar in the hotel which was actually a smaller area than the English entertainments area. The food was delicious lots of variety and the Tapas rastaturant which is available for one visit per stay if All Inclusive was apparently very nice. The rooms with a split level were a little bit of a concern however due to the hotel having so much going on your hardly ever in your room other than to sleep. All in all this hotel was fabulous and caters for families excellently I cannot fault it at all and would certainly return and recommend it. I also went to the spa for a treatment which was well worth it and was a lovely treat while my son was in the creche. The hotel grounds were beautifull plenty of areas for children to run around and explore. the area in which the hotel is based was a quiet resort however it had everything you may need, supermarket, shops, bars restaurants. Taxi to Playa De Ingles cost 14 euro return.

bristol
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2011

We stayed here for a week in April to celebrate my Husbands 50th Birthday and we had a great time. There were 15 of us and we asked for our rooms to be near each other and they did this for us. The rooms were lovely and they were cleaned on a regular basis, the only downside is for famalies with young children as the rooms are split level. The staff were all very friendly and helpful. The food was lovely with plenty of choice. The pool area was very nice and we had no trouble getting sun loungers even though it was the school holidays.
Being all-inclusive u could eat and drink as much as u liked and the drinks wernt watered down like you get in some hotels. The only fault i had with this hotel was the entertainment as none of it was in english and i think they should tell you this at thomsons when you book because it was all geared towards the scandanavian guests.
This didnt spoil our holiday as there were so many of us so we made our own entertainment and i would definately return to this hotel as would the reast of our family

Drangedal, Norway
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2011

Nice pool and food, but the beach was kind of stony. Take the stairs to the top floor on Orquida Hotel at nightfall, just to enjoy the veiw, it was wonderful!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Brighton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2011

The pool is brailliant for young children. I have a 3 year old and a 15month old, The tooddler pool was perfect for my 3 year old, Baby pool was pretty good but has the canopy over it,so ur sitting in the shade, Obviously good for the babies!
I'd say the food was pretty good, defo a 4* lots to choose from, something for everyone.
The room wasn't so good for my 15 month old, its spilt levels with 3 steps which is a right pain, u cant really chill out in the room, Beds were comfortable but are singles pushed together. The other bed was the sofa, the room was cleanish probably give it a 3* as could do with so modernlization. Entertainment was rubbish as it was all in swedish (well most of it was probably would have been the same even if it was in English lol) Facilities i have to say were pretty good for the younger ones, I would defo go back next year. Just be warned thou, Swedish, Dutch, Danish ect..... Which i hate to say were probably the rudest people i have ever met, they dont que they push in and have no manners what so ever, If ur prepared for it it isn't so bad, it didnt rein our holiday!

Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2011

returned from one week hol with partner 21 year old daughter and 4 year old grandson hotel was clean pool area cleaned daily , food was excellent plenty of choice both during day and dinner also at night . fresh food available during day both at snackbar and in restaurant . staff friendly all the time , we had a brilliant holiday plenty of buses to go out resort and staff always happy to give help on this . would definately return ! partner even got to watch football !! thanx to matt helped us with whatever we asked GREAT HOLS !!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family

Been to Hotel Orquidea Bahia Feliz? Share your experiences!