“Monte Feliz exceeded my limited expectations.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Monte Feliz

You added Monte Feliz to your Saves list
Monte Feliz
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Paseo Pablo Picasso s/n, 35100 Bahia Feliz, Gran Canaria, Spain   |
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Bahia Feliz
Malmo, Sweden
“Monte Feliz exceeded my limited expectations.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2011

I was booked in Monte Feliz by a tui after ordering an 'unspecified' trip, accommodations on arrival in other words. After reading the disclaimer that I could be bunked with a stranger, and therefore, not guaranteed a door with a lock, I was expecting the worst. When I arrived, I was extremely pleased! The room was very clean, very airy, very comfortable. I was alone, I DID have a lock on the door, and I had a kitchen with 2 burners, a refrigerator, full chinaware set, toaster, coffee machine, a couch with a pull out mattress in the case of unexpected guests, and a fairly large closet space.

The room was nicely tiled and had a great balcony, fitted with green plastic furniture. The location of the hotel was right on the hill above bahia feliz (happy bay), which is great for surfers, and wind surfers. It is a rock beach, so sand lovers would enjoy nearby playa del ingles. The waves when I was there were over my head, and I am over 6 feet tall.

There is a supermarket within the hotel, with very good prices on food and alcohol. It has all the necessities. The pool is great, and the restaurant offers a slightly over-valued breakfast and dinner buffet. The service is good, but you'll get much more for your money elsewhere. The opposite is true with the in house bar, an independently run operation, Squires Bar is definitely a place to do some relaxing. The drink prices offer very much bang for your buck, and there it is the perfect place to meet some of your fellow travelers. There is top quality pool table, poker table, dart board, foosball table and a nice pub style section where you can speak to the extremely amiable barkeep (I started a good many nights doing just that). Wish there was a place like it where I live.

The downsides of the hotel are - pay-per-view television (who wants to watch television anyway?) but there is the news in spanish, svt world, cbbc, cnn, and a handful of other free channels. The hot water heater is not very large, and takes a good while to heat up. And I could've done with a bit softer mattress, but at the rate I was going with the wonderful sun and fun, I would have fallen peacefully asleep on a rock. But again, the idea isn't to make you not want to leave your room when you're on such a wonderful island!

And lastly the service was top notch. No other way to put it. If there was a glimmer of concern in your eye, 1 or 2 people would come up to you saying, tell me what's wrong, I'll fix it! So will I stay there again? On a honeymoon, not likely. Traveling on a budget again? Most DEFINITELY!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
  • Polish first
St. Albans, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2011

perfect location for us. everything was perfect. staff were very helpful, they organised a hirecar for me when everything was booked out on the internet. i rang the hotel who arranged to have us picked up from the airport at no charge then took us to the hotel where are car for the holiday was waiting. this meant that we paid local car hire price and saved us 250 euros for the week compared to the cheapest i found on the internet for the time. great restaurants within 2 mins walk. i thought we would always spend the evenings in playe del ingles though there was no need. and when the taxi took 30 mins to never arrive on new years eve we went out locally. we found an amasing silver service grill house away from all the other restaurants and the local pub / with dance floor pool table etc was perfect for our needs. no drunken english only well behaved swedes and norwegian who still know how to party. local prices during the day for food at the beach are cheap. 3.90Euros for rottisary chicken and chips / salad. typical price for beer 2 euros for draught local stuff. food at hotel and beer were fine at lunch. we never ate breakfast or dinner there.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with friends
strasbourg
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2011

We've stayed several times in this hotel : the rooms are clean, with terrasses or balconies, the gardens well maintained, and there's a great outdoor HEATED swimming pool ! The staff are all very helpful. It's a quiet hotel, perfect for relaxing. No noise at night ! A bus goes by the end of the road to take you into Playa del Ingles - about 7 km away. There's a small resort with restaurants etc just a short walk away. (We normally hire a car as it gives us more freedom.) All in all, great value for money. We're coming back a soon as possible !

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Denmark
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2011

Stayed here over New Year 2010, and It was a pleasant stay.

The hotel is always clean, and the staff at the hotel are very kind and friendly. The swimming pool is also nice and clean.

Two minor things to notice for other people would be: The water in the showers are using water-boilers, so if you stay 4 persons in a room, the last person(s) will not have warm water. This is not an issue, just something to think about, if you have to hurry out for eating in the night :-)
The other thing, is that the restaurant at the hotel is (for me) the least inteteresting in the area (Bahia Feliz). It is okay for breakfast (5 Euro, eat all you can, English Style).

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
Goes, The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2010

clean rooms, nice environment
not expensive. nice swimming pool and fountain
maintenance o.k.
10 min walk from the shopping centre, with a lot of restaurants
no white sand beach nearby.
regards
schliek

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2010

I came here with my husband and son of 2 for 14 days and we loved it!
The hotel is very nice and the staff are great.
The hotel offers a supermarket, restaurant, gym, spa, tennis and a kids club, what looked very nice but for kids that are a bit older than my son.

The pool is very clean and the food in the restaurant is also very good.

The rooms are very big and much nicer than other hotels I been in (like the hotels in playa del ingles)
This was our first time in bahia feliz and it is a amazing place, there are restaurants and bars within walking distance and that was more than enough for us.

We are planning to come back here next year.

For thouse who can´t make up there mind, just give it a try, this is the best hotel you will find for the excellent service and amazing price.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
Trondheim, Norway
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2010

I actually stayed there for a week with my mum, dad and brother in 2002 when i was 13 years old.

The hotel was great, great pool area and nice and big rooms. we stayed in a appartment with only 1 bedroom and we managed great, even though me and my brother were outrageous teenagers.

The beach were down the hill, and it was rocky and not good, but maybe it has changed since it was all pretty new when i was there...?

however. it's great for families with small children, it's a safe place with not much traffic or people - but if you are looking for fun, shopping, nightlife and beach it's not so great.

• Stayed March 2007, traveled with family

Been to Monte Feliz? Share your experiences!