was told that this hotel was suitable for all ages. lovely for families that don't mind being by the pool day after day. went down a very steep hill to the beach, worth going down for but a real slog on a hot day to get back up. buses to Mahon were only four times daily so your timetable had to be worked out very carefully, no buses in the night. went on two very expensive trips one to the dancing horses of Menorca which was brilliant. the next was a catamaran trip which was a shambles from start to finish. it cost us 74euros for a trip on a small catamaran which started with us having to sit on the side of the dock and sliding down into a four seat dinghy ,then scrambling on to the cat .lunch included was crisps breadsticks and cheese. the dinghy we were towing filled up with water and had to be heaved on to the front nets. on the way back they stopped to take us to shore and the motor on the dinghy wouldn't work so they had to paddle us back to shore. then heave the dinghy up steps onto the minibus, never been so glad to finish a trip in my life. around the hotel is one restaurant, one spar, two gift shops and that is it. we will have a try at anything but this is not a holiday for old age pensioners. complained to Thomsons who said they were sorry we were disappointed . end of story
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Southeastern part of Menorca, 200m from Cala Canutells beach, 13 km from Mahon. Well equipped terraced rooms, excellent views. Low-rise buildings, surrounded by extensive gardens. Particularly attractive for families. Studios & Apartments: kitchen, sat-TV, terrace or balcony, living room with sofas bed. Sport & Leisure: Swimming pool, children´s pool. tennis courts. Gym. Minigolf. Miniclub. Evening shows. Gastronomy: Breakfast, lunch and dinner buffet. Lounge & Pool bar with terrace. Services: Babysitting service. Car rental. Bicycles. Internet. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Venere and TripOnline SA so you can book your Grupotel Mar de Menorca reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grupotel Mar De Menorca Hotel Cala Canutells
- Grupotel Mar De Menorca Cala Canutells, Spain - Minorca