We arrived late Saturday night to a very friendly welcome and a beautiful setting. Our room was more than adequate, clean and the air conditioning on for our arrival. Our room looked out (from a smallish balcony) to the sea, perfect we thought.
Whilst the staff were very friendly, particularly in the restaurant they were obviously over worked and dare I say poorly managed. So why not 5 star?
1. Number one frustration, the main bar/ drinks service. One night we counted 8 staff behind the bar, with say a 100 guests in the surrounding lounger area. Twenty minutes after ordering a night cap, I told then not to bother. The wait on average once drinks had bed ordered was 15 minutes.
2. Towels - like sandpaper
3. Having to place the empty hot beverage tray (ie coffee sachets and the like) on the bed after two days of expecting it to be refreshed when our room was cleaned didn't feel right. This was after a previous nights call to reception (a polite call I hasten to add) to ask for beverage supplies to brought to our room and 30 minutes later calling back to say "not to to bother now"
4. We were paying guests and actually felt second rate to the all inclusiveness with their grey wrist bands
5. The top bar by the pool didn't open at all, leaving the (and I must add stunning) infinity bar pool rather full
6. Towels on sun loungers....oh dear, signs everywhere. Did anyone take any notice, no. Did the hotel do anything about it, no.
The spa I have to say was excellent, one of the best massages I have ever had and the staff were extremely friendly.
Would I recommend? Probably if the above don't bother you.
Would I return, doubtful.
I do hope the management read this and rather than a standard response, sort out the little ATD's - attention to detail and please the bar service!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Open May to End of October. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Orbitz, Priceline, Despegar.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Michelangelo Hotel and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Michelangelo Hotel Agios Fokas
- Sentido Michelangelo Agios Fokas
- Michelangelo Hotel And Spa Kos/Agios Fokas, Greece