“Worth many visits” 5 of 5 stars

0034 922 749 792
Improve this listing
Ranked #9 of 25 restaurants in Los Abrigos
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Large groups, Doing business, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Entertaining clients, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
“Worth many visits”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012 via mobile

Good Italian food is appreciated by us when most restaurants have fish with little taste. We visited Scarpetta 4 evenings out 7 in the area. Wife and I found good variations every night. Different versions of Ravioli and a good fishfilet in tasty mix of tomatoes and oil. Everything was top quality to us. Service was fast and caring. Owner has his eyes everywhere and varies his tricks for creating a unique atmoshere. We met many people who were coming back rather often. You can not be indifferent to this food and the owner. We loved it
Swedish couple

77% Recommend
Leicester
“Great last night”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

We went to scarpetta,s for our final treat, all 13 of us and it was superb. Great food, steak and salmon and wonderful red wine. A wonderful night!

N Ireland
“Good food and entertainment from the host”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

Some good honest Italian food. The host is entertaining. A good selection of pasta, pizza and country dishes.

I recommend the shoulder of lamb

Visited December 2011
Dublin, Ireland
“Always great food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

We always eat here a few times during our visits. If you can see beyond the antics of the owner Matheo you will really enjoy some love authentic Italian food. The service is always slow so prepare to sit back & enjoy the evening - after all you are on holiday.

Look forward to returning.

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Galway, Ireland
“Spoiled meal”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

I read the reviews of this restaurant with some trepidation. I am a foodie and that's my concentration when I go to a restaurant. The food at La Scarpetta is very basic and at times a little mediocre. The gambas al aglio were copious but tasteless. The fish was overdone and my wife's steak rubbery. All in all not a culinary experience. The tin hat was put on it by the antics of the manager who seemed to think that his clowning could make up fro the meal. I don't generally appreciate interruptions with my meal and I think La Scarpetta would do better by improving the quality of the food and cutting down on annoying antics.

• Visited November 2012