Foolishly we read reviews of the Mitsis Roda Hotel before we commenced our holiday and were some what apprehensive.
The apprehension was raised by the over 2 hour transfer from the airport not reaching the hotel until 6.20am, but when we arrived at our hotel after seeing where other tourists had been dropped off the apprehension lifted to wow!!.
We were shown to our very comfortable and pristine clean room by a friendly, helpful young man.
The facilities and staff at this hotel where 5* plus, we never met any of the grumpy unhelpful staff that others appeared to have encountered and wrote about. The cleaners are the real stars of this hotel I am an Infection Control Nurse Specialist, I wish some hospitals had these cleaners who took pride in their work.
We where able to have the chilling holiday that we wanted, no rowdy guests waking you late at night or first thing in the morning.
The food was always served hot (just the hot food), there was plenty of choice and yes some repetitions but even if you are a fussy eater like me you will not starve. My one little gripe due to the mass catering attempting to please all some dishes could be a little bland. The Greek a la carte was very good a tasty, the Italian, I agree with a previous reviewer the Italian menu in the main restaurant was better, we did not try the Chinese (fussy eater me).
All the pools were salt-water, I think the owners should look at the possibility of having the main pool non-salt water kinder to eyes and little ones.
Meal times could be very manic, no fault of the management I lay the blame on ill-mannered guests who must think the world is going to come to an end and the food will run out, but if your savvy and observe when the end of the world preppers are going to visit the restaurant you can have a stress free meal ( I think this will only work out of school holidays, we don't do school holidays).
The beach belonging to the hotel is not the best of beaches but could look better if it was cleared of the litter left by guests who find it too hard to walk to a bin, and if it was raked over daily. We walked nearly everyday into Roda and further some days brilliant views and good exercise.
One of our main gripe was Lords Travel especially the 'trips' which in hindsight were mass taxi rides to and from your destination, the coaches were clean and air-conditioned but there was no commentary because we had no rep with us and chaotic at pick up times due to language barriers. We spoke to a couple who used public transport to get from Roda to Kassiopi, the buses were new, clean and ran to schedule and it cost 2 euros 40.
If you go to Corfu Town the old fortress is a must for history and architecture a lot of it British and the spectacular views.
Go with an open-mind and make your own judgements and we hope you have a nice of a holiday as we did.
- Also Known As:
- Mitsis Roda Beach Hotel Karousades
- Mitsis Roda Beach Hotel
- Roda Beach
- Mitsis Roda Beach Karousades
- Roda Beach Hotel
- Roda Beach Corfu
- Roda Beach Hotel Corfu
- Mitsis Roda Beach Resort And Spa Corfu, Greece
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Roda Beach Resort & SPA is a gorgeous all-inclusive hotel located at the northeastern coast of Corfu, a few minutes walk from the village Roda. Spread out in 25 acres of beautiful gardens, it reaches its own sandy beach and the turquoise Ionian Sea. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Tingo, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, TripOnline SA and Venere so you can book your Mitsis Roda Beach Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.