We ended our holiday for the final 5 nights at The Dream of Zanzibar for ultimate relaxation and it fully delivered. In a fantastic remote location with a stunning private beach, several gorgeous pools, 4 different restaurants, spa and all round great facilities The Dream definitely delivered. Our room was huge, spotless and very luxurious with a great view of the sea. The restaurants offered a wide range of cuisine of a high standard and on the final night we decided to pay the supplement and eat in The Blue Vanilla à la carte restaurant. A little pricey and you need to book in advance, but well worth it!! The food and wine we had was simply stunning.
So what is my beef with the evenings I hear you say? Well, as a couple in our late 20's we were looking for a little something more to be honest. The bars lacked a little atmosphere and the entertainment was very budget cruise ship esk. Because of the large contingent of Italian holiday makers - the hotel is owned by Italians apparently as is very much the place to go - mixing with each other our options to mix were a little limited and we found ourselves playing chess, cards, snooker or chatting to lovely staff at the bar.
If you are looking for ultimate relaxation and indulgence then this is the place but considering the remoteness and the overall price I did find the evenings a little disappointing come night 3.
I travelled here in September 2011 not 2012 but couldn't have that as an option when posting.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dream of Zanzibar is a superb 5 star all inclusive Resort, proud member of The Emerald Collection. The Resort is nestled in the midst of exotic gardens on the beach front at Pwani Machangani overlooking the turquoise water of the Indian Ocean. Dream of Zanzibar offers 104 deluxe gardens rooms, 40 ocean view junior suites, 10 additional junior suites with Jacuzzi and 3 beach villas with private pool. The 5 Restaurants offer guests an exceptional variety of dining options and 3 bars feature relaxing environments to enjoy refreshing drinks and cocktails. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Despegar.com and Odigeo so you can book your Dream of Zanzibar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Diamonds Dream Of Zanzibar Hotel Kiwengwa
- Dream Of Zanzibar Tanzania