From the moment you arrive and get out of the taxi and are greeted by a smiling receptionist with a much welcome cold towel, to the moment you leave, this hotel provides outstanding service.
Without exception the staff cannot do enough for you. Always with a smile they appear to love working at this hotel. Wherever we went we were greeted with "jambo!'.
We had just suffered a bereavement and were unsure about going on holiday, but what we found was the perfect environment to rest and relax before and recuperate before coming back to face the funeral. For this we cannot thank the staff enough.
We were very impressed by the variety of food in the various restaurants. We especially loved the African one, but mostly because the lady serving the food, called happiness became one of our favourites!!
The local drinks were fine. I became quite partial to the local gin accompanied by the cakes served in the afternoon at the pool bar.
Sushi served on the beach was divine.
The journey to get there is long, but so worth it!!
One day we left some clothes to be cleaned as my husband was running out of clothes, due to tight weight restrictions on zan air. We followed the instructions for same day cleaning, and still hadn't received it by the time we were dressing for dinner. I called down and it turned out that it had been picked up by the maid too late. When we returned from our meal later that evening there was a knock on our door and all our washing, beautifully wrapped in a basket,topped with a ribbon was delivered by a lovely smiling member of staff. They had actually gone out of their way to get it back to us, no matter what, not sure if they had kept the laundry open, but it was much appreciated.
The BBQ by the pool is a lovely evening, very romantic. Local band were excellent.
The only problem we now have is finding some where else that will ever live up to the customer service at this hotel!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dream of Zanzibar is a superb 5 star all inclusive Resort, proud member of The Emerald Collection. The Resort is nestled in the midst of exotic gardens on the beach front at Pwani Machangani overlooking the turquoise water of the Indian Ocean. Dream of Zanzibar offers 104 deluxe gardens rooms, 40 ocean view junior suites, 10 additional junior suites with Jacuzzi and 3 beach villas with private pool. The 5 Restaurants offer guests an exceptional variety of dining options and 3 bars feature relaxing environments to enjoy refreshing drinks and cocktails. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jovago.com, Expedia, Despegar.com and Booking.com so you can book your Dream of Zanzibar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Diamonds Dream Of Zanzibar Hotel Kiwengwa
- Dream Of Zanzibar Tanzania