First of all, those travelling to Zanzibar/Tanzania must know that being close to the Ecuator, the day in equal with the night... This means that every day, no matter the season, the sun rises at aprox. 6.30 and it goes down at 18.30.
We stayed at this hotel for 10 days, during the middle of august 2011. The weather was not great, there were showers every day and plenty of clouds.... Taking into account the day lenght and the not so sunny weather, we started a chase for the sun, in order not to turn back at home whiter than we came...
The hotel is nice, the personell is very helpfull and is there to help you anytime. The food is ok, various, but if you are looking for something fancy, this is not the place. If you like sweets and pastries, you will not find someting eatable, but you can focus anytime on fruits and/or fresh juices wich are very good.
The room was big and clean, and the cleaning personell was doing a fine job.
The evening shows are lame, nevertheless the entertainment team is doing its best.
Inside the hotel there is a travel bureau from wich you can go on trips on the island, but we recomend all to go on trips with the beach boys (they can be found everyday on the beach. Speak with Cambi, their boss). There are a lot cheaper than the hotel agency and provide quality and safe trips with local guides and plenty of food (Prison Island, Stone Town, Josany forest, Safari Blue, etc).
As a general conclusion, the hotel is good, no major complains, and has a good price/quality proportion. They are doing huge efforts to make you feel good, and this can be seen very quickly in the quality of the services.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dream of Zanzibar is a superb 5 star all inclusive Resort, proud member of The Emerald Collection. The Resort is nestled in the midst of exotic gardens on the beach front at Pwani Machangani overlooking the turquoise water of the Indian Ocean. Dream of Zanzibar offers 104 deluxe gardens rooms, 40 ocean view junior suites, 10 additional junior suites with Jacuzzi and 3 beach villas with private pool. The 5 Restaurants offer guests an exceptional variety of dining options and 3 bars feature relaxing environments to enjoy refreshing drinks and cocktails. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com and Despegar.com so you can book your Dream of Zanzibar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Diamonds Dream Of Zanzibar Hotel Kiwengwa
- Dream Of Zanzibar Tanzania