“Very good for small amount of money” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Lamai Buri Resort

You added Lamai Buri Resort to your Saves list
Lamai Buri Resort
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   126/69 M.3 T. Maret Koh Samui Suratthani Thailand, Lamai Beach, Maret, Ko Samui 84310, Thailand   |
Special Price
save 30 %
Ranked #15 of 51 Hotels in Lamai Beach
Soenderborg, Denmark
“Very good for small amount of money”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

We stayed at the Lamai Buri Resort for 4 nights in march 2012. For me it was the second time here.
The main building we is located next to the main road, but it is not a problem.
The pool area is very nice and cosy. The pool bar is cheap with happy every day from 4 pm :-)
Breakfast was a bit disappointing.
Cheap airport pickup.
And the hotel is placed not far from the center of Lamai.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013 via mobile

30 mins to get to the action round 500 baht in a taxi. Clean and tidy with a pretty pool and restaurant. Nice breakfast with cereal and eggs prepared right before your eyes. Tour staff were really helpful finding us a last minute trip to the ao nang national marine park which was jammed with tourists but well priced at 1300 baht.

• Stayed January 2013
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

This resort hotel offers some cheap rooms at their lower level. The only issue I had was that the TV was a bit dated and the remote was falling apart. Great pool, WiFi, and location. Anyone staying at Koh Sumoi should rent a scooter to get around to the beaches. You can access the beach at the Mira Mare hotel which has very good and cheap food and beer, we ate there several times and hung out at the beach.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Galway
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

We stayed here for 7 nights in a standard double room. We decided not to get breakfast included as we had read many negative reviews of it on tripadvisor previously. There were a number of places very close by that do a nice breakfast for a very reasonable amount. The room was well cleaned each day.

The room was very nice. The wi-fi connection in our room was excellent and we were able to get wi-fi by the pool as well. The wi-fi was free which was appreciated.

The pool was lovely. The only issue was that there were not a huge amount of sun loungers so there was a little race to get them each day. Due to the angle of the sun in the afternoon only the six loungers closest to the bar were in the sun. This meant if you wanted to stay and sun bathe by the pool for the full day you had to get up early to get two of these six chairs. We did not go to the bar by the pool during our stay.

We wanted to go to the restaurant on our first night there at 7pm and we found it was closed. There was a sign that says the opening hours are until 10pm, so don’t trust this. The opening hours seemed random to be honest. The receptionist did not have very good English when we asked about a taxi or getting a ferry back to Surat Thani. We ended up going to one of the tour agents in the town. We would advise to get the open backed pick up vans with seats if you are getting a taxi anywhere as they are cheaper and you can negotiate the price easier with them than the taxi cars.

The resort is located to the very south of Lamai town. Lamai town itself isn’t, in our opinion, as nice as Chaweng. There is a lot less to do there. There was nice Italian restaurant at the start of the village which had a fantastic deal of all you can eat pizza on Sundays and Wednesdays, which we would recommend if you fancy some nice pizza. Also the Muay Thai training centre is very close to the resort.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
fleet
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

My husband and I have just returned after staying at this hotel for 2 weeks.Although the staff are extremely helpful it didnt make up for the hotel being in need of a refurb.The room was cleaned every day but the room was very tired looking and we had broken patio furniture which had to be replaced.The air con was so noisy you couldnt sleep properly.We had breakfast the first day ,but didnt go again ,the juices were warm and there wasnt a big selection of food available at all.
This is our 3rd visit to Thailand and we have had much nicer hotels at a fraction of the cost .I personally wont recomend it to anyone.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Andover, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2012

The most irritating thing about this hotel is that all the issues I have with this hotel could be solved by better management. It was 'out of season' when I visited last November but it seems that the staff were having a little 'holiday' of there own. I arrived in the early evening and the receptionist literally ran me to the room, left me with the key and returned at an equally rapid pace back to the conversation she was having when I got there. Fair enough I am a big boy now and can generally find my way around a hotel room. However the safe was of a type that went out with the arc and no instructions, visit back to the front desk. The door would not lock behind me, visit back to the front desk to find that the doors do not lock automatically behind you.
After a long trip a quick shower was in order, half decent shower valve with good suppy of hot water but the head was so low and you could not adjust the height as it looked like it had previously been broken and fixed in a way that it was actually 'fixed'. At a little over six foot this meant that I had a wonderfully clean chest throughout my stay but a crick in my back from tring to keep my bald head polished.
Slightly refreshed and with my chest gleaming I went off to look for the hotel restaurant only to be told that, as it was quiet, they had closed for the evening.
All very small issues but all could have been resolved if the receptionist had taken five minutes to explain the safe, the door and the early closure of the restaurant. Okay this would not have resolved the issue of my stature V's the shower head but at least I would have felt looked after.
Little things like having to use my own batteries in the TV remote (could not be [--] to return to the front desk) the shower gel (chest polish) was only given out sparingly. The bar by the pool was generally unmanned so you had to search for someone to serve you. There was very little heat under the ban maries so that the breakfast was none to warm but credit where credit is due the young girl cooking the eggs did so with a flourish and they were good. Not good enough for me to have breakfast there everyday even though it was paid for, nip into the village to the Outback for a proper feed if you want things hot.
All in all the lack of attention to detail detracts away from the fact that the hotel is actually very nice for the money. Perched on the hill above Beach Road the view over the bay is great. The sea view room with the balcony was large and clean, the fridge was filled daily and the mini-bar prices were reasonable. Clean towels (chest driers) and a great big and comfortable bed. Nice, clean swimming pool and pleasantly quiet and the cooked to order snacks were fine, not special but as good as you would expect.
All I will say in conclusion is that with a little stronger managment and some attention to detail this would be a little gem of a hotel. Don't get me wrong the staff are not rude or idle, on the contrary they were all quite lovely but they do need some direction and that is down to the management.
I will probably stay there again but with reduced expectation!!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
Liverpool
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2011

We were happily surprised when we walked into our standard room as it was a higher standard of quality compared to places we have stayed in thailand but for the same price. We were provided with pool towels as well as bathroom towels, which we did not expect in this price range, and the shower had good pressure.
I did notice ants crawling from the headboard so had to buy insect killer. No more complaints once I sprayed it all.
The pool was quiet and a good job too as they only had enough beds for around 8 people. Ate in the restaurant for dinner once, would not recommend. Very slow service and not good value for money compared to what you can get on the main strip. The hotel is a 10min walk to the very centre of it all and about the same to the beach.
Front of house staff was ok but not very friendly, we stayed on from 2 nights to 4 nights and they demanded payment there and then, everywhere else in thailand is much more relaxed than this and they usually say you can just pay at the end.
Overall though, a very nice stay.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Lamai Buri Resort? Share your experiences!