Varinda Garden Resort, Koh Samui, Thailand
Reviewer: Ingrid, Lancashire UK
Situated in Lamai not far from the airport, which is so beautiful and a real treat if your landing from Bangkok. We stayed at the Varinda for 6 nights. It is very 'Luxury Thai' with lots of nick nacks in the room, very spacious, with a joining corridor between the two bedrooms, there was ample room for my husband and I plus our 17 year old daughter. It is set up high up in the jungle a great location for a late afternoon Thai Beer!
The town is set below the resort, about a 5 min walk downhill through a snicket, and a 10 min climb up the hill. It isnt steep, if your fit and healthy its no problem, we jogged on many occasions!!
The restuarants are ok, we ate better in Bangkok to be honest, we love the traditional Thai food and not the stuff they think us westerners like. However there is loads to choose from so just go for it you cant really go wrong when your paying these prices.
The beach was slightly dissappointing, and very dirty in places. We have stayed on islands in Malaysia which are much cleaner and the water is crystal clear. I think the Thai's need to get it sorted, just a simple beach comb would do.
The pool is dreamy, looking over the edge down onto the town/ beach/ and sea below. There are some pool tiles missing which makes it look abit naff, they should sort it out!!
The staff are friendly but dont fuss, which is good if you have a busy life and just want peace and quite. Watch out for the amount of towels they leave you, they tried to suggest that we had taken a towel and tried to charge us 200Bht for it! As if I wanted extra bloody weight in my rucksack with their crappy towels, I was quite annoyed but we sorted it out ok.
The town is lively if you want that sort of thing, loads going on. A great time to visit is Thai New Year, you get used to getting smothered in white powder (flour I think?? I hope!!) and gallons of ice cold water (no such thing as a water BAN!)
Overall the Varinda is a good choice, not badly priced, although make sure you get one of the newer rooms, apparently they have built many new villas over the past two years. A real sense of being in the jungle, but watch out for those mozzies they are a killer, no matter what you do!! Left plenty of ring burners for you...Enjoy.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Varinda Garden Resort is a family run and owned resort. Which is located high on a hill with stunning views of Lamai Bay one of the best of the island of Koh Samui. Where you can relax and enjoy their superb swimming pool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, HotelTravel.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Agoda and Hotels.com so you can book your Varinda Garden Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Varinda Garden Hotel Koh Samui
- Varinda Garden Resort Ko Samui/Lamai Beach